• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pal Park grrrrrr

Witchboi

it must be magick
Reaction score
Why can't you trdae over a pokemon with an HM move it's stupid cause i can't transfer my rayquaza and the move tutor won't delete the move so he's kinda stuck

Wow >_> all right, here's what you do. The HM move I assume is Fly, so teach Fly to another Pokémon. If you don't have another Pokémon that can learn Fly, catch one and teach it the move. Then the move deleter should let you delete the HM move and you will be allowed to trade it over to Pal Park.

The one that made me mad was dive. >_> I wanted to keep dive on my Contest-winning Milotic, but I can't because it's an HM move. Where in D/P do you even GET dive, anyway? It's certainly not a TM like Flash, is it? :p

I finally got enough pokemon for a surfing pichu egg and I can’t even transfer him. Damn you pal park.

Porbably because if you were stuck on say...Mossdeep, and traded off all the dudes who knew or could learn Surf and Fly.

You'd be screwed.

This is also the case for forgetting moves. If you don't have another Pokemon that knows the HM move, then you can't forget it. Also, venom has made me realize that because of this, Flying Pikachu and Surfing Pichu/Pikachu cannot be transferred to Diamond and Pearl, which is quite disappointing. Perhaps we might get them via Mystery Gift?

Yeah, it was given away about two years ago.

Ugh, we should be allowed to transfer HM moves if somebody else in our PC has the move....

This is also the case for forgetting moves. If you don't have another Pokemon that knows the HM move, then you can't forget it. Also, venom has made me realize that because of this, Flying Pikachu and Surfing Pichu/Pikachu cannot be transferred to Diamond and Pearl, which is quite disappointing. Perhaps we might get them via Mystery Gift?

Surfing Pikachu is already available again via PBR.

Oh really? That's good to hear. But what about Flying Pikachu?

I don't know exactly where Flying Pikachu came from, but I have this picture in my head from Pokemon Snap with Pikachu soaring through the air using balloons, lol. Is it the same sort of deal? :p

Come to think of it... they had a surfing Pikachu and a ballooning Pikachu in the intro to Pokemon Yellow... how funny. xD

I was talking about if Flying Pikachu was available for 4th gen. Also, yes, Flying Pikachu is the one with the balloons. There's an official Pokemon Trading Card of it.

Flying Pikachu was given on ANA flights or somewhat some years ago. You can expect them giving away a new Flying Pikachu in the future, but it won't probably be able to be traded over GTS just like the promotional Darkrai won't.

Does anyone know if the PBR Pikachu can be traded over GTS? The server may not consider Surf (maybe even Volt Tackle) as a legit move.

If we're thinking logically, then the servers would've been updated after PBR was released.

Off course they can, but we have to check it. This could have a lot to do in considering a move in a Pkmn to be in the metagame or not.

If you cannot trade an Spacial Rend Darkrai then it's out. A Surfing Pikachu being available through PBR could still be considered in-metagame, but this could make further prove for it. Anyway, we need to know if they update their server with these Pokémon or not.

O.O

Well, in a trade with a friend, I received a Palkia and it knows Spacial Rend. Does that count? XD

Anyway though, I have a question. When the English version of PBR comes out, will Americans be able to receive a Surfing Pikachu (like people in Japan did)?

I believe we will Lisa. You get it in the store after you beat all of the stadiums for the first time. It also comes with Volt Tackle and a Light Ball as it's hold item.

I've been wanting to train a Surfing Pikachu again ever since I had one in my old Yellow game. It got the move from Stadium, of course.

Plus, I finally beat the Elite Four last night and saw all of the Pokemon, so I'll get to use the Pal Park.

Last edited:
I feel your pain!

I feel your pain! Now I can't transfer my lv. 83 Blastoise, my lv. 63 dragonite, my lv. 72 charizard, my lv. 45 venusaur, and my lv. 65 raikou!!!

I feel your pain! Now I can't transfer my lv. 83 Blastoise, my lv. 63 dragonite, my lv. 72 charizard, my lv. 45 venusaur, and my lv. 65 raikou!!!
You can go to the move deleter in Fuchsia City and delete the HMs, then teach them to your Pokemon again after you transfer. Sadly, you can't reteach dive, but it's not a very good attack anyway.

You can go to the move deleter in Fuchsia City and delete the HMs, then teach them to your Pokemon again after you transfer. Sadly, you can't reteach dive, but it's not a very good attack anyway.

Aw man, I already erased my version.

WHY ME???

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom