• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Paul and Dawn are doing Physics!

anonymous920314

何だよ?!
Reaction score
I'm enrolled in FLVS (Florida Virtual School) because my schedule doesn't allow Physics in it. I was doing a problem tonight and to my great surprise, these two names happened to pop up. Here's the question itself:

"During an experiment that Paul and Dawn performed, the stretch of a spring was directly proportional to the force applied to the spring. When they put the data on a graph they would expect to have what type of curve?"

Hahaha, I would've loved it even more if it were Shinji and Hikari, but the chances of that are . . none. :3

This means true love of course. I guess the Ikarishippers won out. By this time next year, we'll all be doomed. Start the shipping banners early.

Thank god the names weren't Ash and Misty. All hell would break loose.

I'm enrolled in FLVS (Florida Virtual School) because my schedule doesn't allow Physics in it. I was doing a problem tonight and to my great surprise, these two names happened to pop up. Here's the question itself:

"During an experiment that Paul and Dawn performed, the stretch of a spring was directly proportional to the force applied to the spring. When they put the data on a graph they would expect to have what type of curve?"

Hahaha, I would've loved it even more if it were Shinji and Hikari, but the chances of that are . . none. :3
That's a freaky coincidence. xD I'm not much on shipping, but I can easily see how that'd be a real omen for somebody, lol. Did you make any kind of chuckle or snort when you read it in class? :p I have trouble restraining my amusement at such things sometimes. xD

Btw, if you haven't found the answer yet, I'm pretty sure it'd be linear, since a directly proportionate equation denotes simply a linear equation.

Yeah, I actually said "what!?" hahahaha

I know, they tried to throw me off with that stupid "what type of curve" part even though I knew it was linear. I thought about it for a minute and then I knew it was a trick question.

Stupid virtual school.

"Dawn, if you don't know Einstien's theory of realtivity to the 24th exponent, your pathetic!"

Now I have scary mental images of Japanese fan artists drawing this on Oekaki.

But that's pretty awesome for being coincidental. I mean Paul is a common name as is but Dawn really isn't as common to be used in a problem to solve that you might eventually forget once you complete it.

Wow. What a coincidence. That's really hilarious, reading it again and again. XD

This thread just made me remember something like that. In my school district, all students in second grade and over have to take these standardized tests on computers. There was a story problem in the math test where Random Character "Candice" had to figure out exactly how many ice cubes to put in each glass of fruit punch for some party. And considering that GL Candice is found in Snowpoint City...what a coincidence. But DP didn't exist when I read this.

My algebra book last year had the wierdest names... I'm talking stuff like Yoya and Kyshaka.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom