• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Phantoms - A Ghost Type Monolocke

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. He/Him
  3. They/Them
  4. Any
  5. Refer To Profile
But Gloria, why haven’t you done your one-shots yet?!

Shh, I wanna have this posted since finally starting Chapter 1 got me motivate to write again

In Cabo Poco, a young boy wakes up and prepares himself for his first day at Uva Academy. He will make new friends, meet mysterious Pokemon, and uncover massive secrets about the region of Paldea.

But this isn't about him. That story's been told before.

Instead, let us focus on someone else.

Another young person who lives in Cabo Poco. A young person who's always been interested in the Ghost type.

A young person who is one of the very few people worldwide who cannot speak to Pokemon.

Hi everybody! I'm Gloria, aka. MC. Princess, and this is a project that, while I've only started working on it again in the past few months, I actually started back in December 2022 as my very first Nuzlocke, Vexing Violet! I decided to put in here on Bulbagarden as well since I’m usually more active here. :3

I hope you'll all join me on this story of mine! ^^

The Rules

1. You can only catch two Pokemon per area.

1a. They either have to be pure Ghost type or have half of their typing be Ghost. That'll probably take a while… "^^

1b. Fuecoco is the exception to this rule, due to its final evo being Fire/Ghost.

2. You cannot heal during Gym, Star Boss, or Titan Battles (after Herba Mystica is consumed).*

3. If a Pokemon faints, it's dead. …For the second time. ;3 Lose all Pokemon, and the run is over.

3a. If your starter dies, the run is over as well.

4. All Pokemon must be named after ghosts or spiritual monsters and myths.

5. You cannot catch or use any Paradox Pokemon.

6. You cannot use EXP Candies or Crystals. Those (along with Revives and Max Revives) must be sold.

*This is more of an in-game constraint. While we won't be having any Gym Battles in the story, we will have Titan Battles (without Arven), Star Raids and the Team Star storyline. I've only got the story planned out slightly far, so please be patient on details for this aspect of the story! ^^
The sun shined brightly inside of the dark room, despite the curtains having been pulled down. It was a nice and sunny day in Paldea. "Des! It's time to wake up! You have to get to the Academy early!" Des groaned as they got out of bed and got themselves ready for the day, making sure that they had everything they needed for class. After taking some time to wash their face and fix up their wavy, violet hair, they put on their outfit for class. It was a slightly modified version of the Uva Academy uniform, with most of the bright colors having been turned gold and jet black.

They took some deep breaths as they looked through the notebook they kept in their backpack.
"Ok. Just gotta remember what I wrote down. 1: Don't talk too much about ghosts or spirits or anything like that. 2: Don't tell anyone your full name. They can't know that. 3-" "Des! Hurry up, you're gonna be late!" "Oh, shit!" Des ran down the stairs as fast as they could, trying to make sure they weren't as late as they thought they were. "S-Sorry mom!"

Des got down the stairs, watching as their mom was writing on some papers for school. "Ok, Des. I've got all of the paperwork for you to go to school ready. Is there anything you're missing?" Des shook their head. "Don't worry! I've got everything I need. Phone, notebook, and all my other school stuff." "That's my kid!" She smiled and gave Des a hug. "" "Te amo mucho, Des." "¡Te amo, mama!" Des smiled as she opened the door, preparing to leave home. She breathed in the fresh air around her as she started the long walk to Uva Academy. However, she didn't notice the small little dinosaur-like Pokemon following her around.

Prologue Fin.
Des continued to walk towards Los Platos, still feeling nervous on their way to Uva Academy. "Well then..." They sighed, looking back at Cabo Poco in the distance. "Guess I'm really on my own now, huh?" She took a moment to sit down next to a tree, taking in a breath of fresh air. "And I'm gonna be going back to Uva Academy. ...A lot of people there really aren't gonna be happy about that, huh?"

She didn't have time to finish her thoughts as she heard a small roar nearby. "What was that?!" She looked behind the tree and saw… a Fuecoco behind it. "Aww, you're so cute! Where'd you come from?" She snapped out of her excitement as she began to think more clearly about this. "Wait… you're one of the starters that Clavell gives out every year, right?" The Fuecoco tilted her head, obviously not understanding what they meant. Des sighed exasperatedly. "Well, this is how far not understanding Pokemon gets me…"

Des started pacing around the tree her and the Fuecoco were sitting next to. "You must have wandered away from the other two starters if you're this far out. So if I tried to keep you...That would probably be stealing, wouldn't it? But I need a starter Pokemon, and I obviously can't catch one…"

They lost their train of thought as they saw the Fuecoco begin tugging on their pants, seemingly trying to signal something to her. "Well, you seem happy with me from what I can tell, so why not?" The Fuecoco let out an excited little growl. "Well, I can't just call you Fuecoco all the time, so how about… Kemo? Short for Kemonogami!" Kemo smiled after hearing her new name. "Well, let's get on to Mesagoza, ok Kemo?" Des continued on their way to Mesagoza, Kemo following behind them as the duo got closer to the gates.

"Well, I stole a Pokemon… I really hope I don't regret this." "Cocoooo!"
  • After some rewrites of this first part of Chapter 1 and actual planning ahead besides 1-2 more posts, I've decided I will include Titan Battles in the story. I already laid out a bit of a hint for what these'll be like in the future. ;3
  • I plan on trying to do shorter but more frequent chapters. Specifically bi-weekly since that makes it so I don't have to worry as much abt scheduling.
  • I plan on doing character/Pokemon bios starting CH1P2, which should release either later this week or this weekend!
  • Des is a demigirl! This means she feels connected to both being female and being non-binary, and uses she/they pronouns! ^^

Why would anyone slap the nuzlocke rules onto a monotype run? You're already limited in terms of Pokémon due to it being a Monotype run.
I apologize if I seem to be rude. I have noticed videos where the person would do this and I just shake my head. I don't have the guts to do a regular Nuzlocke.

This is more of a challenge than I could handle game-wise, for sure, but I do like how your fanfic version of it differs already from the canon story.

Also, this cracked me up as an ending line: "Well, I stole a Pokemon… I really hope I don't regret this."

Just the way all the best trainers began their journey! Or...at least the way Silver began his. And he turned out okay. :)

Why would anyone slap the nuzlocke rules onto a monotype run? You're already limited in terms of Pokémon due to it being a Monotype run.
I apologize if I seem to be rude. I have noticed videos where the person would do this and I just shake my head. I don't have the guts to do a regular Nuzlocke.
Dw, you’re fine! Mostly decided to do a Monolocke to challenge myself even further than before. That way I’ll be less lax about my strategizing like I have been in past Nuzlockes :3
This is more of a challenge than I could handle game-wise, for sure, but I do like how your fanfic version of it differs already from the canon story.

Also, this cracked me up as an ending line: "Well, I stole a Pokemon… I really hope I don't regret this."

Just the way all the best trainers began their journey! Or...at least the way Silver began his. And he turned out okay. :)
Lol I loved choosing that as the ending line. Hoping I don’t end up writing Des just as Silver 2.0 tho ;w;

Dw, you’re fine! Mostly decided to do a Monolocke to challenge myself even further than before. That way I’ll be less lax about my strategizing like I have been in past Nuzlockes :3

Lol I loved choosing that as the ending line. Hoping I don’t end up writing Des just as Silver 2.0 tho ;w;
Nah, Silver had pretty different motivations for why he did what he did.

Now if Des is secretly the kid of a major Pokemon villain, that might be a different story.

Nah, Silver had pretty different motivations for why he did what he did.

Now if Des is secretly the kid of a major Pokemon villain, that might be a different story.
That’s a good point. Des is moreso just mischrvious anyways. Well, that hasn’t been shown off yet, so I guess that’s a teaser then. ^^

And we won’t have any secret villain parents, dw.

Who’s to say a different kind of character isn’t her parent though? ;3

Back
Top Bottom