• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

PMD WiiWare games to go on sale Aug. 4: Each game to cost 1,200 Wii Points

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there is any reason to purchase more than one game. I'm sure it was easy enough for Chunsoft to tweak them into three different versions and hope people will get confused and think they need to buy all three.

Well, it's probably the same engine and graphics and stuff. But I bet that each game has different content to it. Also, thinking about it, it totals up to 3600 Wii Points for all 3, which is about the price of a new DS game. It's just broken up into 3 segments.

1200 is cheap, considering that PMD for ds is 30 bucks.

And is worth about 10 considering only about a fifth of the game is actually pre-developed and the game is about as deep as a puddle.

After seeing the clear pictures, the games seems pretty nice and the models look sorta like the Ranch ones, but they still look cute.

I like how they had to saddle Meowth into the Electric Dungeon characters instead of using Elekid, who'd be the better choice.

I think I just saw Piplup riding on a Blastoise riding on a Wailord. These are things I never thought I'd see in pokemon. Who else feels like that could be the epicest thing ever?

Anybody that can check the story?

Nothing interesting, really.

The Pokemon all lived peacefully in the village together. One day, one of their friends went missing. The elder Slowking asked us to form an adventuring team to help Pokemon, find treasure, and go on adventures.

Yes, either way, I just hope it's not the same as in old MDs. I see Peliper mail house, and Kecleon shop.

Also, it shows the starter Pokemon for each version:

Blazing: Torchic, Cyndaquil, Charmander, Chimchar, Growlithe, Vulpix, Eevee, Buneary, Teddiursa.

Stormy: Squirtle, Mudkip, Piplup, Totodile, Wooper, Azuril, Riolu, Wynaut, Phanpy

Shining: Pikachu, Pichu, Pachirisu, Shinx, Elekid, Psyduck, Togepi, Mareep, Meowth

The art for your home village differs by version.

The graphics look good, even if they are a little cartoonish. The pokemon riding pokemon looks cool. I think that must make it possible for more than one pokemon to attack at the same time, or it might give bonuses to attacks for all pokemon involved.

The Pokemon all lived peacefully in the village together. One day, one of their friends went missing. The elder Slowking asked us to form an adventuring team to help Pokemon, find treasure, and go on adventures.

So in other words, it ditches the whole "human turns into Pokemon plot"?

What does that have to do with anything about Arceus? I'm guessing they'll reveal the real plot soon.

So in other words, it ditches the whole "human turns into Pokemon plot"?

What does that have to do with anything about Arceus? I'm guessing they'll reveal the real plot soon.

It would seem so.

Other stuff on the website:

Pokemon now can evolve inside of dungeons.

The Pokemon riding on each other mechanic, as noted.

The game can connect to the DS and you can use the DS's touchscreen as your controller.

If you are defeated in a Dungeon, you can request a friend to rescue you via Wii's online email. Minor information is also shared with friends who have copies of the game, sort of like the Jubilife TV in DPP.

I'm not sure on this translation, but this is what it seems to be saying in regards to connectivity: One save file can be used with any version of the game downloaded to the Wii, which is how version exclusive Pokemon are obtained. If you want Electric-types, you boot up your save file with Shining Rescue Team. If you want Fire-types, you boot up your save file with Blazing Rescue Team. There are four save files per Wii for all three titles. If true, than you do indeed need to purchase all 3 copies to collect all the Pokemon.

So long as you don't need to buy any more than one of them to complete the actual 'game', then that's fine.

Although it'd probably be fairer if you could trade to get all the Pokemon akin to the original mantra of the main games...

I think I just saw Piplup riding on a Blastoise riding on a Wailord. These are things I never thought I'd see in pokemon. Who else feels like that could be the epicest thing ever?
It could but skitty on wailord fans could get a bit too happy.

It could but skitty on wailord fans could get a bit too happy.

How could
Hsowaresult.png
not make you happy? Just look at it!

I hope that there's connectivity between the games. Also, watching the trailer, it shows WiiConnect24/7. What could that be used for? Nintendo's rarely used that feature at all.

If Zeta's translation is acurate, it's probably used to receive rescue requests from friends.

If Zeta's translation is acurate, it's probably used to receive rescue requests from friends.

The dungeon requests? Where one of your friends saves you if you fail and vice-versa? I'd like to see an item-exchange or something similar too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom