• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Poke Iris Sings The Unova Pokerap"; what is this?

Momentum

Reaction score
So full disclosure, I was in the process of making a compilation video for YouTube. Specifically, I was making a compilation of all the times Iris (from Pokémon: Black & White) for call someone, mainly Ash, a kid. This was something I started back in 2011 when Season 14 was first airing on Cartoon Network, but I decided to hold-off to see if the chances of a copyright claim would diminish with time. So last night, I went through the first 12 episodes and compiled a video that was one minute and fifty-one seconds long (unintended!). It was at this point I decided to run it through a YouTube upload to see if any claims would come up, and sure enough, one did.

I wasn't surprised at the copyright owner listed, ShoPro, but I was surprised by the supposed content that was being suggested I used; Poke Iris Sings The Unova Pokerap.

fo630UM.png

This is... very peculiar. Right away, you can tell this wasn't content exclusive for Japan since the English word for the region, Unova, was used instead of the Japanese counterpart, Isshu. Second, there was no official PokéRap created for the Unova region. The closest thing we have to one is Can't Stop (Catchin' 'Em All) which is sung by a band called The Presidents of the United States of America, but never by Iris' English (or Japanese) voice actress.

More interesting, the video as a whole wasn't claimed, only 33 seconds of it was. In total, those came up to 6 scenes from the entire compilation, ranging from BW002 - BW004.

Here is an Imgur album of the scenes in question.

So my question to you all, do you think this is something that exists but may have never been released? This seems to be official if it's coming from ShoPro. It's even more strange that it claimed 6 scenes back to back that don't normally appear like that unless it's edited specifically. Was this something created by TPCi but never released, or by ShoPro but never got distributed? Something like Iris (of all people) singing the PokéRap and having it synced to footage of her insulting Ash specifically is bizarre to say the least.

Just thought I'd share this here and see if it drums up any answers or results. I'll probably just find another platform to share my compilation, YouTube may not be the best place for it afterall.

Cheers!

Interesting, but I wonder if anyone who knows more about YT copyright claims could shed more light... All seems highly coincidental.

My copyright screen doesn't look like that. What does camera means? Visual content, or Audiovisual content?

When it comes to copyright, Sho Pro can be overprotective. I tried uploading funny moments back in the Kanto region (one particular one of Charmander using its tail to reflect its empty Pokeball back at Damian), and it was immediately blocked. Man...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom