• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Pokédex speculation

I don't think it would be weird if they weren't patched into SwSh... considering how close we are to a new gen- I wouldn't be surprised if one was announced next February to be released by the end of the year.
I would rather they not do that since such a move would impact both the quality of Legends: Arceus and Gen 9. I don’t think Game Freak can handle both titles back-to-back without something getting the short end of the stick. If not Legends: Arceus, then I wouldn’t be surprised if Gen 9 only had four gyms and absolutely no post game nor main game side quests.

Though if not that, then I wonder if we mightn't get another wave of SwSh DLC to finish adding in the rest of the dex and buy some more time to work on the next generation, since I'd imagine that adding on to an existing game is probably easier and quicker than building a whole new one.
Yes please! Do anything you can to stall, Game Freak! Promising a new generation so soon after Legends: Arceus will not lead to good things.

Last edited:
I don't think it would be weird if they weren't patched into SwSh... considering how close we are to a new gen- I wouldn't be surprised if one was announced next February to be released by the end of the year.
We ain't getting a new gen in 2022 because of LA.

Still not sure I would count on that, since GameFreak does have more than just the one development team. It would kind of depend on how they allocate their staff and resources.
Considering that ILCA's developing BDSP, I think that LA needs the manpower that would have been needed for BDSP.
I think another factor to take into account is that when Game Freak was split into two teams, you can really tell how they had to cut corners in regards to SwSh. Meanwhile, Legends: Arceus not only looks more ambitious, but the fact that Pokémon seem to be more expressive than before and how the frame rate seems to have significantly improved implies a lot of work and effort went into it. If Game Freak split their team in two, then I don’t think they would be able to really do Legends: Arceus as it currently seems to be presented give how they have seemed to be struggling with 3D graphics as shown in previous titles.

Early hours, as the downloaded version was just released in New Zealand and eastern Australia.

It's another Dexit. The game uses LGPE's template as a shot-for-shot remake. No Pokémon from BW onwards (including Sylveon) nor the regional forms from Alola or Galar are programmed into BDSP, according to Serebii. It's currently unknown if the Fairy-type is also programmed. It can be assumed Mega Evolution has also been excluded.

Looks like I'll be waiting longer until I can finally evolve my GO-based Pokémon from Snivy onwards that are not in SwSh.

Early hours, as the downloaded version was just released in New Zealand and eastern Australia.

It's another Dexit. The game uses LGPE's template as a shot-for-shot remake. No Pokémon from BW onwards (including Sylveon) nor the regional forms from Alola or Galar are programmed into BDSP, according to Serebii. It's currently unknown if the Fairy-type is also programmed. It can be assumed Mega Evolution has also been excluded.

Looks like I'll be waiting longer until I can finally evolve my GO-based Pokémon from Snivy onwards that are not in SwSh.
In addition to only having the 493 originally available in Gen 4, they have also excluded all regional forms and Mega Evolution. They even went as far as to make the Sinnoh Dex the original 151 in terms of main-game rosters and overworld encounters, with the Grand Underground only providing some of Platinum's Pokédex expansion rather than the whole expansion. This is merely slightly over than the bare minimum TPC could have let ILCA do in regards to BDSP's Pokémon roster.:(

Fairy-type is definitely in the games. I don't know why anyone thinks they would revert those- I know they're faithful remakes, but you can still trade the pokemon you catch in them into Home, so it has to be cohesive. Besides which, Let's Go had Fairy, so we should really know by now just how they're going to handle that one.

In addition to only having the 493 originally available in Gen 4, they have also excluded all regional forms and Mega Evolution. They even went as far as to make the Sinnoh Dex the original 151 in terms of main-game rosters and overworld encounters, with the Grand Underground only providing some of Platinum's Pokédex expansion rather than the whole expansion. This is merely slightly over than the bare minimum TPC could have let ILCA do in regards to BDSP's Pokémon roster.:(

I'm fine with the Platinum Pokemon being exclusive to the Underground, but I do find it strange that not all of them available during the main game, and yet you can catch some Pokemon that weren't in the Platinum Dex at all, like Teddiursa.

I really hate how they are using the old Diamond and Pearl Pokédex instead of a Pokédex expanded beyond Platinum. But at least Regigigas would be obtainable in my game with Pal Park replaced with Ramanas Park, which allows us to catch old Legendaries without having to transfer from a GBA game in a slot my DSi doesn't have. And because I have a Manaphy, I can breed it for a Phione. Magmortar is Shining Pearl exclusive, but according to Serebii, the Elite Four would have their Platinum teams in their rematches. So I might just end up having a whole Sinnoh section filled out in the National Dex this time from Turtwig to Manaphy. No more blanks there! And when I got my Manaphy, all the blanks between the highest numbered seen Pokémon and Manaphy have been skipped over, so I don't even need Phione. But I will still breed my Manaphy after I get my National Dex and a Ditto.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom