• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon 2.B.A Master International Versions

Roxas776

Reaction score
Hello everyone I have been a lurker for years and finally wanted to join. Ive been a fan from the very beginning and have my share of obsure Pokemon Media. ( The very first Promo VHS, the very first broadcasted episode never released again, the first movie on Laserdisk just to name a few)

Growing up as a kid in the 90s, I loved the original songs we got in the dub. I still have the original CD I bought back when I was a kid some 20 years ago:ROFLMAO:. I saw the show all in English and had no idea it was dubbed in other languages ( I was like 10). Being a native Spanish speaker I was flipping out the first time I heard the show in Spanish, the Mexican dub anyways on Telemudo.

As the internet exploded and information on the show started popping up I started to collect different versions of the Album. Since the first season was a massive hit, it was mass produced and is super common. I have several international versions of the album up until Johto when the popularity started to die down.

I joined a site Discogs for the purpose of organizing my CDs, and seeing variations in the ones I owned and tracking them down.

So far, I have the English, Mexican Latin Spanish, Chile, German, Portugal, and Italian ( The Italian is a favorite because it has its own opening theme, and the Pokemon Dance Mix is different), versions of the album.

I was buying a Pokemon Maxi CD from Europe and the seller asked me if I wanted to include the 2.B.A Master soundtrack from his country.

Of course I got it, I didn't know Spain released a CD for it. Their was no listing for a Spain version on the site. The funny thing about it is, I can find no information on this CD at all?

IMG_20200408_001415_01.jpg
IMG_20200408_011840.jpg
IMG_20200408_011852.jpg

Ive looked up the CD ID, barcode, google images, I cant seem to find any trace of it at all. At first I was thinking maybe its a bootleg? The surface does not look like a CDR, it was pressed. I put it in the computer to see if it had the multimedia files, it does. It shows the file for the Pokerap was made May 31,1999.
IMG_20200408_012928.jpg

I opened up the booklet, and it list no information on who the writer, composer, or singers are.

Was it made in low amounts? The first season of Pokemon was super popular I find it strange I cant find anything on it. I figured a place like Bulbapedia, mass Pokemon archive of pretty much everything would have information on it. For example I had no idea of a Canadian version of the album exist. A lot of things in the 90s were not very well documented. If anyone has any information on where I can get a copy for myself Id love to buy one one day.

I have added a few pictures to show what few information on it came with it.

IMG_20200408_030837.jpg

IMG_20200408_030827.jpg

Also what versions of the Album do you own?

Anyone know where this CD came from?

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_012928.jpg
    IMG_20200408_012928.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
Yes, an Spain version does exists, I heard the songs around 2010. That version of the CD you have is strange, as it's unusual for it to contain a pamphlet promoting the games, and the cover looks different from this one I found on an Spanish wiki, but it looks too detailed to be fake and the CD has a Poke Ball pattern like the official product.

I have the Latin American one and still works. It came out with some posters that I somehow lost, I have a vague memory of one showing a Porygon2 which may be real or not.

I have no info, but this is a very cool story/mystery, keep us updated if you do find some more stuff out!

I remember being very jealous of a friend who got this CD album on his birthday party back in the late 90s. I was like 5 or 6 and asked my mom straight away for the same CD xD But because it was so expensive she convinced my friend's mother to record it on a record tape xD

I'm talking about the Brazilian Portuguese version.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom