• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon Academy Year II: Second Year Rhapsody

Sorry for my absence, I moved at start of November and didn't get an internet connection till a few days ago. Now here I go:

I like the new characters, though it aint hard to figure Matthew bats for the other team, I honestly thought Darren would explode at the mention of 'Battly Stuff' and I think it would do Reggie some good to have a rival for Miko's affection, though try not to end up with those two doing sophomoric pranks on each other because it may detract from the story. That said, I'll try to be regular from now on (not a guarantee).

Hmm, I didn't sense much jealousy in this chapter as the title implied but Kevin is interesting nonetheless.

I wonder what the plot is ...

Bah, I wrote a decent length reply, but Bulba didn't accept it.

Quick summary of what I had written: Excellent character interactions, you made me feel emotionally involved for the first time, this was your best chapter yet, great description and many less grammar issues.

Well this chapter took long sadly the chapter is only half wave beta read so there might still be a lot of problems this is due to a very bad situation regarding my beta reader's internet so I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience.

That being said this chapter is mostly filler.

@AetherX ; @Thundagere ; @Rob Anybody ; @Instrutilus ; @Lugion ; @BlueNostalgia ; @Gastly's Mama ;@milo†icgirl McQüeen
; @Cosmos ; @Karpi ; @IVI @Tsutarja

Chapter 7: Lost in the Forrest

“I’m telling you it was the other way, bitch!” Natasha screamed at the top of her lungs; frightening the birds Pokémon that were resting atop the various trees in the forest. “We’ve gone by that stupid tree, like, a thousand times already and you still haven’t realized it!” she pointed at the tree in question forcefully before turning back to an irritated Stacy; who was looking over the map.

“If I’m a bitch, then what are you?” Stacy groaned in annoyance as she lowered the map. The two proceeded to glare at each other with intensity, revealing a previously unseen side of Stacy. “It was your idea to take a shortcut so that we could get to the hot springs faster than the others and get first dibs. Instead of that we got lost,” she pointed out before pocketing the map. “Besides, do you think we should use that kind of language in front of the kids? She turned around so that she could check what the others were doing.

“Nah, we’re okay here,” Fin deadpanned with his hand raised; only for a flash of light to, once again, startle him. “Valerie don’t do that,” he frowned.

“Hey, I have to. if someone finds these pictures then at least they’ll know we were here,” Valerie answered before turning around and taking a picture of Marie; who was trying to climb a tree. “What are you doing, Marie?”

“I’m trying to get up and see if I can spot the other group from the top, but…” Before she could complete the sentence, she slipped on the bark and went hurtling towards the ground, slamming her head rather painfully against the hard dirt.. “But I don’t want Fin to sneak a peak so I can’t climb properly,” she said while tugging on her green skirt.

“Hey…she’s right, though,” Fin shrugged before getting up from the tree trunk he was sitting on. “Where's Miko anyway?”

“She went to check her Academy Dex to see if she could contact Reggie and the other group,” Valerie sighed before turning to Stacy and Tasha. “You’re supposed to be the teachers but you’re the useless ones here.”

“Hey…I have a map,” Stacy said proudly before she looked around the forest once more. “But I can’t figure out where we are exactly. We were supposed to stay with Kevin’s and Grayson’s group but we got lost.”

“Damn…I wanted to get to those hot springs before everyone. That way I could’ve prepared ways to peep,” Fin sighed in annoyance before noticing Miko; who was walking back towards the others. “Anything?”

“Yep,” Miko smiled to herself before pointing up at the sky. “I wasn’t able to contact the others but I did think of something we haven’t tried.”

“What is it?” Fin asked; he looked up at the trees to try and see what she was pointing at.

“Of course! Why didn’t I think of that before?” Stacy shook her head in disappointment before turning to Fin. “She’s saying we should check through the skies, we’ll have a flying type guide our way back towards the group,” she explained wisely. “But I didn’t bring any flying types with me today,” Stacy sighed, just when she thought they might have a way to make up for not being able to help she was thrown back down.

“Well. luckily for you, I have a flying type with me,” Tasha grinned widely; partly out confidence for her Pokémon and from the ability to mock Stacy's apparent inability to help. “Go Skarmory!” she threw her Pokéball up into the sky before releasing the Armor Bird Pokémon. “Take to the skies and find the others for us.” Tasha instructed; flicking her red hair to the side before grinning at Stacy.

Stacy fumed before stomping away. She was trying hard to contain her anger towards Tasha; though she was beginning to falter. “I can’t believe those two hate each other so much,” Miko rolled her eyes.

“It’s simple, actually,” Fin crossed his arms before pointing at Tasha. “Tasha’s the type of woman that likes to have attention to herself since she’s hot. However, she knows that Stacy gets as much attention so she hates her and tries to make her life miserable,” Fin stated; nodding his head to make himself look better though the girls just looked at him in disbelief.

“You’re a real idiot you know that…” Valerie deadpanned before turning around and looking at Tasha. “Can’t you guys just get along?”

“Hmph, it’s just not fair,” Tasha frowned; though a grin crossed her face just as fast when she saw her Skarmory fly back. “Well, looks like we’re getting out of here after all,” she said mockingly as she noticed that Stacy was looking away from her.

“What did you find?” Miko asked the Skarmory after walking over so that she could get closer.

“It’s a Pokémon, how would we know?’ Tasha asked, raising an eyebrow when she saw Miko fidgeting with the buttons from her Academy Dex. “What are you doing?”

"It's a new feature. Very experimental, but it means that I can somewhat translate Skarmory's language...though it has it's limits." Skarmory began a long series of squacks.

“It says that if we keeping going through those trees we’ll come by a bridge,” Miko turned around and pointed towards the direction of a few gathered trees; though which a small path could be seen. “It says that once we cross the bridge we’ll only be a few minutes away from the path we were following before.”

“Well then, what are we waiting for? Let’s go, and don’t separate, okay?” Stacy grabbed her bag before taking the lead and making her way through the bushes, closely followed by the others.

“My Skarmory was the one that discovered it so why does she get to lead,” Tasha frowned.

“She sure doesn’t act like a teacher,” Valerie whispered towards Maria as they tried to be in the back so that neither Stacy nor Tasha could hear.

“Neither of them act like it,” Marie shrugged before sighing. “At least not in this kind of situation.” She groaned.

After a few more minutes of following through the lushy path in the forest the group came upon a large wooden bridge which linked the side of the forest they were standing up to the other side. Miko looked down at the pit that separated the two sides.

She was only able to utter a gasp of nervousness and fear as she looked down at the powerful currents of water that rushed through the area in between the two sides and towards the vast ocean. “Okay I’m officially scared now.” She chimed in fear.

Valerie was the first one to walk over to the bridge as she gently stepped onto one of the wooden steps softly while holding on to the rope. “It’s a little old but if we go by slowly and calmly we’ll be able to cross without any danger,” she reassured before she took the second step.

“We should go first. You shouldn’t risk yourself,” Stacy pointed out; only for Fin to walk in front of her.

“Don’t worry we’re not helpless,” Fin grinned as he followed behind Valerie. “Besides you guys are heavier anyways if you go first you might break the bridge.”

“Did you just call us fat!” Stacy fumed, noticing the playful chuckle Fin was making. “That’s really insulting you know I work out a lot too!” she blushed from embarrassment; deciding to step back and allow the others to past first.

“Looks like even the great Stacy has her fits,” Tasha giggled; causing Stacy to glare at her. “You lose your temper way too fast girl.”

“Why do you bitch at me so much?” Stacy asked, noticing the look of bitterness Tasha was giving her. “We met each other back during the introduction and you were nice to me but after that it’s like you hate me for no reason,” she said with confusion and anger.

“Well I suppose you do deserve to know since you’re oblivious,” Tasha scoffed. “You know Freed right? Well I don’t like it. He’s always hanging out with you drinking tea at your office even though you just met.”

“…that’s your reason for hating my guts…are you sure you’re even a teacher. For the love of god how immature can you be!” her screamed was loud and high pitched, causing the others to move around in fear due to the sudden sound wave; this in turn made the bridge shake.

“Hey can you guys be quiet for once!” Miko exclaimed, she was practically trembling with every step she took; thankfully though, she was already past the halfway point.

“All right after Miko is your turn!” Fin yelled from the other side as he helped Maria cross the last few steps.

“Okay…try not to throw me off out of jealousy,” Stacy groaned at Tasha’s way. She gently took one step into the bridge before quickly hanging on to the ropes that worked as handles.

She took a deep breath, using it to try and calm herself down. She quickly took the second step and took the third one just as quickly. “This isn’t so hard. I just have to stay calm,” she smiled to herself.

Unfortunately, before she could go past the fifth step she felt the bridge shake a little, making her turn around and look at Tasha; who was now crossing the bridge. She was shaking like a scared puppy dog and the fact that she was holding on to the ropes for dear life wasn’t making the movement any better. “Tasha calm down or else we’ll fall.”

“Shut up, you’re the one that’s moving,” Tasha said with fear clear in her voice along with a slight shiver. “Now move your ass.”

“Stubborn mule,” Stacy groaned before she kept going.

Before long the two had managed to reach the halfway point in the bridge and were now a little bit more confident about walking on the pier. Unfortunately a Tasha crossed the halfway point the step she was standing on began to let cracking noises out. “What’s goin…ON” Tasha screamed in rage as her foot dug into the step causing her to grab a hold of the rope as tight as she could and to stop herself from falling deeper.

“Tasha don’t worry I’ll help you ou…” Stacy let out a loud gasp as she saw the rest of the step as well as the ones in front of Stacy collapse right on the two causing Tasha to scream before Stacy grabbed her hand, using her other hand to grab a hold of the rope and sustain leverage by using the step she was standing on. “Don’t worry you’re okay.” She reassured.

“We have to help them out!” Miko exclaimed trying to run back to the bridge; only for Fin to hold his hand in front of her. “What are you doing?”

“We can only help if the bridge falls off but if any of us go in or if we make it any more unstable it might fall off either way and we wouldn’t be ready,” Fin explained; a serious expression had crossed his face. “Just prepare to rescue them if anything happens.”

“I can have Magnezone use Magnet Rise,” Marie proposed before throwing her pokeball out into the air, releasing her Magnezone who proceeded to send out sparks from its two arm-like magnets. “All right Magnezone use Magnet Rise to lift them up!”

Magnezone beeped in replied as its raised its magnets and sent what seemed to be like yellow waves coursing through the area of the bridge. “All right Tasha just grab a hold of me,” Stacy nodded her head; letting herself and Tasha be lifted into the air. “See everything’s all right now,” Stacy beamed.

Unfortunately, as soon as she said that the bridge fell off, causing both Stacy and Tasha to scream as they tried to enter the barrier. Stacy was able to get in safely due to being quicker. Tasha on the other hand was unable to reach the barrier and proceeded to fall off from the barrier, letting out a loud scream.

“We have to help her out!” Fin exclaimed before running over to the edge; pulling out a pokeball to try and rescue Tasha. However, before he could send out a water type he was thrown back by Stacy’s own pokeball which fell towards the water so fast that it went over Tasha before it released what was inside.

A Milotic materialized from the pokeball, allowing it to elegantly make its way up towards Tasha; almost making it seem as if it was flying. The serpentine Pokémon then moved around Tasha, letting her grab a hold of its neck. “Wow…it beautiful.”

“Of course! I may not be strong but when it comes to beauty you can be sure that I can excel without worries,” Stacy grinned before looking up at the Magnezone. “You’re going to have to go lower so that we can let them enter; at least before Milotic is wash upstream.” The Magnezone nodded its head in agreement and proceeded to do as told.

The Milotic didn’t let her do anything though and instead took things upon itself. It began to spin around in the air, causing the water below it to rise as if it was being called by the powerful wind. The water began to circulate and surround it along with Tasha, creating a large whirlpool that started making its way up towards Magnezone while making water rain down upon them.

“She’s such a show off,” Stacy giggled as she saw Milotic erupt from the center of the Whirlpool with Tasha; the water drops glimmering while they fell around it.

Finally the Milotic made a perfect landing inside Magnezone’s triangular barrier; allowing Stacy to grab a hold of Tasha before lowering it. Tasha just looked at Stacy for a second, acting as if she didn’t want to admit something to her. “I’m not going to say it you know…” she replied while blushing slightly.

“You don’t have to,” Stacy grinned mischievously while she petted her Milotic like a happy schoolgirl. “I know a great way you can make up for it,” she nodded her head before waving at the others once the Magnezone lowered them.

“That was a real scare,” Valerie sighed in relief before quickly taking a picture. “That one’s going in the school newspaper,” she smiled before pocketing her camera.

“You know you two really need to be more careful next time,” Miko rubbed her temples. She had been worried about what she would have to say to the teachers and students if Stacy and Tasha ended up dying in the end.

“Well I’m not the careful kind of girl,” Stacy winked. “Things are better when you do them a little rougher don’t you think.” Miko just sighed in response to this before turning around. “Anyways we should get going, if we leave now we might be able to catch up with the other group.”

“Looks like you guys sure had a lot to work with,” Reggie replied after Miko had finished telling him the story of what happened. “At least we got something for tomorrow’s headline,” he nodded his head before looking down at the fire place in front of the two.

Everyone had pretty much camped out for the night and had been divided in groups depending on their dorm. Of course people were more worried about the hot springs, since almost everyone began fighting about who wanted to go first. “Yeah. Plus I’m glad that those two get along a lot better,” Miko smiled as she looked towards the corner of the camp where Stacy and Tasha were trying to set up a tent. “Though it might not last if they can’t figure out how to do that tent,” Miko chuckled.

“Are you going to try the hot springs?” Reggie asked; noticing that Chigon and Azumarill were trying to run off towards the hot springs once more. “Hey you guys better not try it again. Not until I go at least,” Reggie commanded, causing the two Pokémon to pout and step back.

“Actually we were about to go.” Reggie looked up to see Valerie, Marie as well as Claudia, each holding a towel in between their arms. “Want to go Miko?” she asked.

“Sure,” Miko nodded her head in agreement before grabbing her own towel; which had been put right next to her. “See ya Reggie,” she waved and then proceeded to follow the other girls.

“Okay…” Reggie trailed off, staring into the sky to think about what was going to happen in the hot spring. Soon his face started flustering before turned around forcefully to look at the retrieving figure of the girls.

“You’re thinking about too aren’t you.” Reggie jumped at the sudden pat on the shoulder that he got from Fin, who was grinning down at him like a little kid in Christmas. “Do you want to join us?”

“Join you…for what?” Reggie wondered with a raised eyebrow.

“Me, Jack and Darren are gonna go and peep at the girls from the boys hot springs,” Fin replied.

“Darren agreed to that?” Reggie deadpanned.

“Well…not so much he agreed as much as he was just going there at the same time as us,” Fin shrugged, only to grab Reggie from the ground and raise him up. “You know you want to.”

“….damn you…” Reggie frowned.

End of Chapter 7
Next Time: Girlfriend?

Last edited:
This was actaully a really nice filler :)
I really enjoyed it.

Stacy is starting to really develop.
Oh and has Tasha been introduced before? Because i can't recall her...

I really like the action on the bridge. That was nicely done :)

and the ending made me giggle.
Good chapter.

Their were a few spelling and grammer mistakes but you did give us a reason to why they were they.
If you ever have trouble with your beta reader, don't hesitate to ask me to fill in.
I'd be more then happy to help :)

Great chapter can't wait for the next.

I have to agree, really enjoyed the diversity of your chapters.

Stacy is quickly becoming my favourite character. I see her becoming a total flirt.

Also, from a personal aspect, since you were doing the whole two bitches fighting, jealousy theme, I felt it was quite weakly explored. It's not your fault, it's bloody hard for one) a guy and two) a writer, to explore women confrontation like that.

Final note, this one to Cosmos, I love how you repeatedly ask Flames to be a beta reader xD God loves a trier xD

@Cosmos I will also I'm glad you liked it I was afraid people wouldn't. Also Tasha was one of the new teachers introduced back during the second Prologue.

Yeah I wanted to explore Stacy's and Tasha's fighting more actually I wanted to start hinting at it from earlier chapters but I had to take out all those parts so as to not make the chapters longer. Plus I was just guiding myself from what I saw when I was in school.

Well, what can I say, I enjoyed this chapter. As Cosmos pointed out, there's a couple of grammar errors here and there, but hey, not everyone is perfect!
On a side note, could you notify me as well in the future whenever there is a new chapter? I tried to use the thread tool, "Subscribe to thread" but it doesn't seem to notify me automatically for some reason...

I don't know what it is, but somehow you manage to entertain me without having any real plot development. It's like the anime (in a good way!). Not much to review here, but I quite enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!

The thing that makes a good filler isn't making something that fills the rough edges you have to make up for the lack of plot by adding more than what you'd usually put in a normal chapter.

Also awards will begin soon in the WW so remember to nominate and vote for your favorite stories (and hopefully this one xD)

OMG catfight! It took me a moment to realize it was actually the teachers that were fighting -.- How responsible of them! Personally, I'm more a fan of the action-ey scenes so this wasn't my favorite chapter, but on the bright side... Marie's Magnezone returns! I just hope she battles with it (or another pokemon... really, Marie battling in general) sometime!

The filler was enjoyable. Will Fin get his comeuppance for admitting to being a peeping tom? :D Also are you selling pics of the catfight?

I really enjoyed reading this. I am very interested to see what happens next. ^^

Sorry I'm late. (Ihave a new book and test week is starting)

This was a nice filler. I'm happy to see some dialog from Fin. He can be prety entertaiming. (He is my favourite character.)

Lets just say this was a good chapter. Not that you whrite bad chapters.

Sorry it took me so long to post up this review, but can you blame me? I excel in the art of procrastination XD

But on to the review, I like it. Each chapter is its own unique 'episode' within a larger plot which is shown through small events. This is quite well executed since you can basically pick up any chapter and read with very little questions aside from the chapters which are part of an arc. The setting seems to be quite well thought out, and it reminds me of duel academy. Each character is unique, as always, I guess that's what flavor you add to your writing, the unique characters that stand out on their own, I honestly feel like you could make a whole spinoff series for each one. There are almost no major grammar issues, and the flow is kept quite well, I find myself having difficulty to read a chapter in more than one sitting since once I start I can't stop staring at the screen. Can you tag me? I must learn what happens next :O

Also making them part of the newspaper club is a great way to make sure they show up where the action is :p

No I'm the master in the art of procrastinating xD

Thanks for saying that I actually like it a lot when people talk about my characters I focus on trying to keep them unique that being said I understand my character's personalities aren't exactly original but I always try to add my own spice to them so as to separate them from the usual stereotype.

Actually I was planning on doing spinoffs for a few of the characters to detail their beginnings better but that idea went dead.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom