• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Adventures volume 13/ DPPt vol 2 (volume 31) review thread

Proof or it didn't happen Guys, once again try to remain on-topic. Anything regarding on PokéSpe can be made into a different discussion thread, etc.

I guess Viz thought there was too much to censor in it and instead of even trying they decided to just forget about it. That or it was too old for them.

Out of curiosity, did they say anything about the FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald arcs, or are they just going to skip those too?

Last edited:
Skipping the RS Chapter entirely would create huge problems with the flow of FRLG and whatnot, too. The Kyogre-Groudon fiasco was referenced several times, as were Ruby and Sapphire themselves (who even later appear in Emerald).

Funny how RS was the most popular arc amongst Japanese voters and Viz just decides to can it. But only time will tell, I suppose.

Skipping the RS Chapter entirely would create huge problems with the flow of FRLG and whatnot, too. The Kyogre-Groudon fiasco was referenced several times, as were Ruby and Sapphire themselves (who even later appear in Emerald).
I'm pretty sure they aren't going to release the FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald arcs since they're skipping Ruby/Sapphire.

By now, even they must know that the previous Dex holders were referenced in their so-called "Diamond Pearl Platinum" arc, so cutting it at GSC would be some real hell of a retarded thing to do.

(Either that or they just never read the Japanese RAW until it comes to translating them -_-)

By now, even they must know that the previous Dex holders were referenced in their so-called "Diamond Pearl Platinum" arc, so cutting it at GSC would be some real hell of a retarded thing to do.

(Either that or they just never read the Japanese RAW until it comes to translating them -_-)

They should've just not brought over the DP arc if that's the case. I don't mind not seeing the arcs past the GSC chapter as I prefer the story up to their the most but they should've known about the plotholes that would result from skipping the Hoenn and Sevii Islands arcs. Hell, why didn't Kusaka, Yamomoto or the JPN publishers warn them about it?

They still hadn't gone over the excitement of PokeSpe getting a reprint after 6 years, most likely. o_o'

That and only authors who are down-to-death obsessed with their own work such as Kentaro Miura, Urasawa, and Takehiko Inoue who phone the foreign publishers daily.

That and only authors who are down-to-death obsessed with their own work such as Kentaro Miura, Urasawa, and Takehiko Inoue who phone the foreign publishers daily.

Well, the Japanese publishers should've warned them anyways.

Well, the Japanese publishers should've warned them anyways.
That's not the Japanese publisher's job though. There are too many companies worldwide releasing their manga for them to keep track of them all and to tell them exactly what to do. Viz should have just kept a better eye on things, or have continued to release things in order like they were supposed to.

Last edited:
Just got my copies today (I know I'm late! I was waiting for my moneys to come in). I haven't read DPt 2 yet, but I did read Adventures 13.

To be honest, I absolutely loved volume 13; the crazy battle strategies were really a breathe of fresh air (Pryce vs Erika was awesome - all we needed was Pryce chuckling in his chair thinking "Just as planned"). I did feel that Chuck vs Blue was a bit forced (after all, their master-student relationship wasn't really shown much before), but it was one of the more interesting battles nonetheless. Janine's match with Falkner was, obviously, the highlight for me - seeing Janine kick a$$ like that (before running off >>).

However, I felt the volume went downhill when Lugia and Ho-Oh started destroying the league. Although that was mainly due to the binding making it hard to see some parts of the pages (I guess this is where the original magazine publications would have came in handy).

EDIT:
Read DPt volume 2. Well, it was a lot better than volume 1, although I can't say I'm love with this arc just yet. I just couldn't feel anything from the majority of the characters...they're just so, bland. Cynthia finding Dia and Pearl's lame jokes funny was endearing, but by Fantina it just became boring - the problem with this arc, is it draws out the jokes, when a real comedian would know when enough is enough.

Cyrus' insistance on using his fountain pen was definitely one of the more intriguing parts of this volume; I'm guessing the intention with that was to show just how eccentric Cyrus is, and the ridiculous lengths he'll take that (One day he's insisting on using his own pen, and the next he's trying to create a new world...look out for people with their own pens; they're obviously trouble).

One thing that's bugged me is that due to the DP arc being released the same time as the end of GSC, in the same month we have Jasmine in the Bullet Train and and a Super Contest dressing room. Also, we have Elm appearing at the conference >>. Also, the two being released in the same month highlights how much the quality of battles has gone down (compare say, Pryce vs Erika with Lady Berlitz vs Gardenia). I was reading the latter mentioned match thinking "How the f--- did that happen?".

Out of the two, Volume 13 was definitely the winner; although the GSC arc does have the expected "End-Of-Arc Suspense".

Last edited:
(Pryce vs Erika was awesome - all we needed was Pryce chuckling in his chair thinking "Just as planned").
They probably didn't want to make it too obvious to the reader that Pryce was behind it though. Not that it's hard to guess in the first place, but still.

I did feel that Chuck vs Blue was a bit forced (after all, their master-student relationship wasn't really shown much before), but it was one of the more interesting battles nonetheless.
I didn't -- I remember it being hinted at in the Yellow arc and I just took it as them finally explaining and confirming it. :3

EDIT:
Read DPt volume 2. Well, it was a lot better than volume 1, although I can't say I'm love with this arc just yet.
Don't worry, it gets better as it goes along. Volume 33 and 34 (DPPt volume 4 and 5) are when things start to really heat up, and then from that point on it just gets better and better the farther you get. :D

the problem with this arc, is it draws out the jokes, when a real comedian would know when enough is enough.
Don't worry, the jokes will begin to get used less and less each volume 'til it'll eventually get where there aren't any jokes whatsoever. :3

Cyrus' insistance on using his fountain pen was definitely one of the more intriguing parts of this volume; I'm guessing the intention with that was to show just how eccentric Cyrus is
It's also a reference to the Emerald arc. I would elaborate on it a bit more, but I don't want to say too much unless you don't care about spoilers. ;D

Also, the two being released in the same month highlights how much the quality of battles has gone down (compare say, Pryce vs Erika with Lady Berlitz vs Gardenia). I was reading the latter mentioned match thinking "How the f--- did that happen?".
You have to remember though -- Dia, Pearl and Lady Berlitz are new to Pokemon battles so of course their battles won't be as interesting as Gym Leaders battling against each other, people who are experienced in battling and people who have special battle techniques. :3

It's also a reference to the Emerald arc. I would elaborate on it a bit more, but I don't want to say too much unless you don't care about spoilers. ;D
*looks at Viz Media with puppy dog eyes* 207 signatures so far...wonder if that'll pursuade Viz yet...

You have to remember though -- Dia, Pearl and Lady Berlitz are new to Pokemon battles so of course their battles won't be as interesting as Gym Leaders battling against each other, people who are experienced in battling and people who have special battle techniques. :3
True true...Damn trainers, start learning how not to suck!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom