• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Bank

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might get me a warning, but honestly, the level of self-importance and entitledness in this thread is both appalling and embarrassing. Sometimes games get delayed for months on end for no good reason. As Miyamoto once said, a delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever.
ok heres your Warning,

HANDS OFF MY OREOES!

you have been warned.....

I do have to agree with you enough on this is enough if they dont release it take it up with Nintendo. spazing out on some random forum realy is a waste of time.

Complaining in this thread, coming up with stupid ass theories (like a certain individual here) or harassing Masuda on Twitter (i wouldn't be suprised if they were delaying it because of this) isn't going to make the Pokemon Bank come any faster, like i said a few pages ago i rather wait for Pokemon Bank for like a month and it's released with no issues or problems than coming tomorrow with tons of issues.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but it has been a month. Also, I don't believe they're delaying it due to mad-sad-meanie-poo comments on Twitter (because that'd be maximum stupidity from any business).
It can be two months or more, just as long it's released with no problems. I agree that it would be really unprofessional delaying it because of angry tweets but i also wouldn't blame them if they did that, seriously fucking death threats because of waiting a month or so? That's just ridiculous.

Off the top of my head... I believe that the president of Square Enix received many death threats for releasing Final Fantasy XIII on 360.

On the topic of Pokemon Bank, I'd like to point out that it's more like three months now and not simply one. That's 1/4 of a year.

PKMN Trainer Faye said:
This might get me a warning, but honestly, the level of self-importance and entitledness in this thread is both appalling and embarrassing. Sometimes games get delayed for months on end for no good reason. As Miyamoto once said, a delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever.

Hey now, don't lump us all together in the same boat. Some of us are just disappointed and playing the waiting game here, posting in this thread with like-minded individuals.

So, place your bets: Nintendo/Game Freak's next disappointing move AFTER bank finally comes out?

On the topic of Pokemon Bank, I'd like to point out that it's more like three months now and not simply one. That's 1/4 of a year.

Wait, what? No. If you mean since the time we were supposed to get Bank, it's been ONE month. One single month since the originally stated release date. Not three months.

Wait, what? No. If you mean since the time we were supposed to get Bank, it's been ONE month. One single month since the originally stated release date. Not three months.
I believe he means it's been THREE months since XY came out; that's a quarter of a year we have been UNABLE to transfer anything because of this system.

Miyamoto is not someone I personally trust. And those words are so, so wrong; a delayed game is not eventually good, it's just a delayed game. Some delayed games are downright awful, and some bad games can be patched or given mod support which turns them into good games (read: SimCity 4).

OK IVE JUST ABOUT HAD IT

LOOK AT THE PAST YEAR

HOW MANY GAMES WERE DELAYED.

RAYMAN LEGENDS WAS DELAYED FOR THE WII U FOR FORMATTING

WOULD YOU PLAY THE NON FORMATTED GAME WITH ERRORS OR THE FORMATTED GAME

im the meanest Canadian you'll meet.

Yeah, I gathered you're the meanest guy around. I would say exactly what I think of you but I don't want an infraction, so all I'll say is this:

My point still stands. SOME delayed games can be good, but a delayed game is still merely a delayed game. Additional work must be done on the game itself to make it "good".
Also, Rayman Legends was overhyped as all bell. But that's neither here nor there.
Oh, and I think your caps lock is broken.

I believe he means it's been THREE months since XY came out; that's a quarter of a year we have been UNABLE to transfer anything because of this system.

That's using your noodle.

Miidas said:
OK IVE JUST ABOUT HAD IT

LOOK AT THE PAST YEAR

I can't remember every game that the Internet has had a hissyfit over due to delays, but...

- South Park: The Stick of Truth (for the third time)
- Watch_Dogs
- Drive Club
- The Division
- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

I wonder how long Duke Nukem Forever would have needed to be delayed to become a good game?

Well I considered the release date part, except we're closer to 4 months since release rather than 3. And since we're specifically talking about Pokemon Bank, which was never even said to be planned to be released until Christmas time. So its true delay has only reached 1 month.

Still, yes, it's been too long.

I wonder how long Duke Nukem Forever would have needed to be delayed to become a good game?

Delaying it even longer would never have made it a good game. The developers had 15 years to put out a good game and they still put out a gigantic piece of garbage. In fact it's so bad GameStop no longer carries it at all and won't take it if you try and sell it. On the subject of the Bank, anyone have any ideas as to how long it has been in development?

Well I considered the release date part, except we're closer to 4 months since release rather than 3. And since we're specifically talking about Pokemon Bank, which was never even said to be planned to be released until Christmas time. So its true delay has only reached 1 month.

Still, yes, it's been too long.

I still for the life of me can't figure out who decided this was a good idea. It baffles me.

DasManiac said:
On the subject of the Bank, anyone have any ideas as to how long it has been in development?

I'd have guessed 'probably halfway through the development cycle,' but considering the poor hack checking I'm betting that Bank was originally baked into X/Y and then removed late into development in order to satisfy their quench for a future-proof Pokemon storage solution. I can see that as being one of the main reasons for it requiring longer to finish - it's not like they needed statistics on how many people use Pokemon's online features after launching X/Y, Black/White/Black2 /White 2 should have sufficed for that information.

DasManiac said:
On the subject of the Bank, anyone have any ideas as to how long it has been in development?

I'd have guessed 'probably halfway through the development cycle,' but considering the poor hack checking I'm betting that Bank was originally baked into X/Y and then removed late into development in order to satisfy their quench for a future-proof Pokemon storage solution. I can see that as being one of the main reasons for it requiring longer to finish - it's not like they needed statistics on how many people use Pokemon's online features after launching X/Y, Black/White/Black2 /White 2 should have sufficed for that information.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember it being stated during E3 that they currently had no way of transferring Pokemon yet, so I'd guess that it would've started after that.

So, place your bets: Nintendo/Game Freak's next disappointing move AFTER bank finally comes out?

That they annouce the series is GAME OVER

Miidas said:
OK IVE JUST ABOUT HAD IT

LOOK AT THE PAST YEAR

I can't remember every game that the Internet has had a hissyfit over due to delays, but...

- South Park: The Stick of Truth (for the third time)
- Watch_Dogs
- Drive Club
- The Division
- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

It was a poorly managed game

Delaying it even longer would never have made it a good game. The developers had 15 years to put out a good game and they still put out a gigantic piece of garbage. In fact it's so bad GameStop no longer carries it at all and won't take it if you try and sell it. On the subject of the Bank, anyone have any ideas as to how long it has been in development?

It was developed initially by 3D Realms and Triptych Games and then fineshed after purchase (purchase in 2010) Gearbox Software and Piranha Games.

CLICK HERE to read about how screwed up it was

I still for the life of me can't figure out who decided this was a good idea. It baffles me.

DasManiac said:

I'd have guessed 'probably halfway through the development cycle,' but considering the poor hack checking I'm betting that Bank was originally baked into X/Y and then removed late into development in order to satisfy their quench for a future-proof Pokemon storage solution. I can see that as being one of the main reasons for it requiring longer to finish - it's not like they needed statistics on how many people use Pokemon's online features after launching X/Y, Black/White/Black2 /White 2 should have sufficed for that information.

the NWC is relation to the Nintendo Network is a whole different animal so i don't think it would have worked

I seem to remember it being stated during E3 that they currently had no way of transferring Pokemon yet, so I'd guess that it would've started after that.[/QUOTE]

I remember them saying they were working on it

Thats the issue. They arent working. They got it out in asia and now they are back to slacking. I understand if they gave it a couple days to see how it went but it has been a week. They are giving zero effort all because a few people told them like it is. Nintendo is a joke to me now. After pokemon bank im not sure im gonna be getting any more nintendo products until they shape up

It wouldn't have gone back up in Asia if they hadn't been working on it. So they have. Also, we don't know what the reason is. For all we know, they have to make sure all things check out all right for the rest of the world and it can take a while. I fail to see how that equates to putting forth zero effort when it is clearly back up and running.

Yes it is. In asia. It is 100% fully functional and they just arent releasing it here due to some mean tweets. That is ridiculously sad. And also it took a month to get it back up in asia when in all reality that problem takes any other company a week or less to solve

Thats the issue. They arent working. They got it out in asia and now they are back to slacking. I understand if they gave it a couple days to see how it went but it has been a week. They are giving zero effort all because a few people told them like it is. Nintendo is a joke to me now. After pokemon bank im not sure im gonna be getting any more nintendo products until they shape up

It wouldn't have gone back up in Asia if they hadn't been working on it. So they have. Also, we don't know what the reason is. For all we know, they have to make sure all things check out all right for the rest of the world and it can take a while. I fail to see how that equates to putting forth zero effort when it is clearly back up and running.

Yes it is. In asia. It is 100% fully functional and they just arent releasing it here due to some mean tweets. That is ridiculously sad. And also it took a month to get it back up in asia when in all reality that problem takes any other company a week or less to solve

Really BF4 was still having problems last time i checked not mention in all honesty NINTENDO NET is CRAP which is why it had the problems in the first place and probably why they haven't released it yet

Really BF4 was still having problems last time i checked not mention in all honesty NINTENDO NET is CRAP which is why it had the problems in the first place and probably why they haven't released it yet

If it is holding up well enough to support the largest portion of their players then I think it is safe to say it is ready and they are just being a bit unprofessional at this point. And dont get me started on the whole fps server fiascos. Most of the time the way there are set up just destroys the playability. Connecting 10-20 people on to 1 persons connection just doesnt work

I know it's up in Asia. And they are NOT refusing to release it here because of mean tweets, but again, I wouldn't blame them if they did. Honestly, the attitudes around here would make me not want to release it either. And how do you know how long it should take any given company to fix the problem the Bank had?

I know it's up in Asia. And they are NOT refusing to release it here because of mean tweets, but again, I wouldn't blame them if they did. Honestly, the attitudes around here would make me not want to release it either. And how do you know how long it should take any given company to fix the problem the Bank had?

Because I play many games that have very similar issues and most only take a few hours, a couple days tops. But hey I was willing to give them the botd and give them a couple weeks. And if it has been up in asia for a week with zero issues I cant possibly see the issue. And they deserve all the scorn they get and 10 times more. They failed to deliver to their customers, kept us in the dark because they just dont care, and now that it is ready they are taking their good old time to release it here. Nintendo used to be #4 on my gaming company list and now they are the lowest of the low.

Because I play many games that have very similar issues and most only take a few hours, a couple days tops. But hey I was willing to give them the botd and give them a couple weeks. And if it has been up in asia for a week with zero issues I cant possibly see the issue. And they deserve all the scorn they get and 10 times more. They failed to deliver to their customers, kept us in the dark because they just dont care, and now that it is ready they are taking their good old time to release it here. Nintendo used to be #4 on my gaming company list and now they are the lowest of the low.

I think its more complicated then most people understand especially with all of Nintendo region BS the only reason they did a global release for x and Y was because massive NEW staff hires

I think its more complicated then most people understand especially with all of Nintendo region BS the only reason they did a global release for x and Y was because massive NEW staff hires

Regardless, no one brought this problem on but nintendo themselves. They didnt prepare correctly and the connection process was just an awful design. So I dont believe it is very justifiable to defend nintendo in this case especially with how bad their pr has been

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom