• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Direct (June 6th)

A singular sequel shared by 3DS & Switch would be pretty damn great imo.

Imagine if they announce Stars as a sequel AND Sun/Moon ports for Switch.

Aether were never that villainous, Lusamine was just heartbroken & insane.

with a thing for jellyfish
Who ELSE Can Take the Role of Antagonist; There wouldn't be much of a story without an antagonist of ANY Kind, whether genuinely Malevolent, Such as Team Flare, Team Plasma, Team Galactic, Team Rocket, Etc. or more complex Grey-area teams such as Team Skull/Aether Foundation, Team Magma & Team Aqua!!

Necrozma leading the villainous team would be batshit brilliant. Maybe it possesses someone and uses them to lead a human army of grunts.
It'll be a first for Pokémon after 21 years of human villains. I'd have to question how the player could possibly catch it - maybe it'll be exorcised out of its host's body somehow.

I'm guessing GSC for VC. Can't really see an announcement for a new game already...
Unless it's gonna be like "hey, look at this, Stars/DP Remake! It's gonna come out in 2019 or maybe even later!"

I'm guessing GSC for VC. Can't really see an announcement for a new game already...
Unless it's gonna be like "hey, look at this, Stars/DP Remake! It's gonna come out in 2019 or maybe even later!"

Would they really dedicate a whole entire Direct to G/S/C for the VC?

Who ELSE Can Take the Role of Antagonist; There wouldn't be much of a story without an antagonist of ANY Kind, whether genuinely Malevolent, Such as Team Flare, Team Plasma, Team Galactic, Team Rocket, Etc. or more complex Grey-area teams such as Team Skull/Aether Foundation, Team Magma & Team Aqua!!

They have room to introduce a new villain/threat. Aether don't have to be villainous again, especially if Gladion is now their leader. Plus I want to see more Wicke <3

It'll be a first for Pokémon after 21 years of human villains. I'd have to question how the player could possibly catch it - maybe it'll be exorcised out of its host's body somehow.

Possibly the same way Nihilego was forced from Lusamine's body? A legendary or some other entity/existence forcing them apart? A quest based around gathering the items needed to create a piece of equipment to force Necrozma from its host would be interesting.

Necrozma having a story focus in this title would confirm that the player does not canonically catch it in the Ultra Beasts quest. Like the player catching Kyurem in B/W.

There's no reason to do a Direct just for Gen 2 VCs. Directs are for big announcements that they want the whole world to see (XY - new generation, Bank - big new subscription service, SM - new generation). Only diehards care about a $10 rerelease of an 18-year-old game.

If they're going to announce Gen 2 VCs, then it will almost certainly be as an attachment to whatever bigger thing they've got planned. Spending eight minutes on a worldwide announcement of... GSC, would be ridiculous.

They have room to introduce a new villain/threat. Aether don't have to be villainous again, especially if Gladion is now their leader. Plus I want to see more Wicke <3
Most likely, and Team Skull is kinda reforming at this point. Plumeria had a change of heart, Guzma has now been taken under Hala's wing, and more grunts are starting to do stuff like find jobs and work to build a better future for Alola.

I think we're either going to see Sun and Moon's 3rd version or a sequel. That, or Diamond and Pearl remakes. It doesn't seem logical to do something like an 8 min presentation for games that have already been released, like GSC VC or Pokken Tournament, except on the Switch with DLC fighters like Darkrai, Scizor, and Empoleon.

Generally, Pokemon Directs have only been used for major announcements also. The first one was used to announce Pokemon X and Y. The second one was used to announce the PokeBank and the Megas for the Kanto Starters. The third was used to announce Pokemon Sun and Moon, as well as RBY on the virtual console.

Last edited:
Would they really dedicate a whole entire Direct to G/S/C for the VC?

Nah.

And since I was the first to mention it at the start of the thread, I'll just clarify I was meaning I'd like to hear about that on top of whatever the main series game is (though like I said I'm not really that bothered what the main series game is). There's no way they are having a Pokemon Direct without a big announcement for the main series.

I'm placing my bets on Stars for 3DS and/or Switch will be the sole or main focus of the Direct. Whatever it is I'm looking forward to the announcement tomorrow! :)

It would also be interesting if they announce DP remakes as it would be kinda cool to go back to the region in 3D. The only problem for me is that I've used up all the starters and Legendaries so I don't know who I'd go with :LOL:

I would like to hear that GSC are coming to the VC, then all the Generations will be connected.

Pokemon Nebula
6th October Worldwide
13th October Europe

Necrozma has 2 new Z crystals, Necrodawnium Z, & Necroduskium Z, 1 is fire type, 1 is dark
It's a sequel to both Sun & Moon, when referencing the past game's events it's kept vague enough that it could be about Sun or Moon.
Memory link is back.

You start the game at Aether paradise having come from Johto, Gladion acts as the Professor type who gives you your stater (same 3 as before).

Colress is the main enemy.
Lillie will reappear towards the end of the game's main storyline now a trainer, and then afterwards will be one of the trainers to challenge you for the title of Champion after you rebattle the E4. She mainly uses Kanto forms of Pokemon with Alolan forms. Her signature is a Kanto Raichu.

Last edited:
I'm gonna bet and say we're either gonna get a sequel to Sun & Moon or i'll go the clichéd route and say D&P remakes because durrrr.... I must jump to conclusions at the last minute.

I hate to say it but this does sound like Stars. The last 3 times they've had a Pokémon Direct it was major, franchise changing news. 2 of them were announcements for new generations and 1 of them was to announce Bank. I can't think of anything they could announce on that scale besides a main series Switch game.

Whatever the case though, they will almost certainly announce a new main game. Pokken Tournament Switch isn't nearly a big enough reveal to warrant its own Direct, that's something they could save for E3.
plz no crow sammich.

Uumm it can be a return the Stadium/PBR series. I mean if one was bank it's certainly possible for this to be something other than a main series game if it was big enough. Hell there is a small chance it is just a bunch of spin offs and that ends with "please look foreward to game freak's new pokemon adventure next year" or something like that.

Crows are friends not food

Looks like Sinnoh remakes are looking more, and more likely given what my friend just told me.

Definitely didn't expect a direct to be announced. Was starting to assume this would be a break year. Could be Stars, or Sinnoh remakes, or something else entirely. I have a feeling they'll surprise us

Well one of my friend's informed me of something rather strange going on with the newest S/M DLC about the Ash Hat Pikachu; the first one being released?

Sinnoh's. Odd choice, wouldn't you think?

Well one of my friend's informed me of something rather strange going on with the newest S/M DLC about the Ash Hat Pikachu; the first one being released?

Sinnoh's. Odd choice, wouldn't you think?
Not really. It was just the Sinnoh's hat's turn. We'll receive all the hats eventually.

Back
Top Bottom