• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

It would most likely take around two years for any Popplio to fully evolve, so if Lana is as recurring as she seems, I don't see what a second Popplio would contribute for the bulk of the show.

It does depend on how they pull off the (rotating?) cast. Will Lana appear in almost every episode? Every other episode?

There's a possibility that Jessie or James might get Mimikyu, but this is just speculation due to it being near Team Rocket.

PNEtrsP.png

Bewear and Mimikyu for James and Jessie sounds great, the absence of Gourgiest and Inkay probably means they will just get dumped at HQ, and not receive their own release episodes :(

Bewear and Mimikyu for James and Jessie sounds great, the absence of Gourgiest and Inkay probably means they will just get dumped at HQ, and not receive their own release episodes :(
Considering the affection some of James' Pokemon have had for him, and how much he suffers because of it (Victreebel, Cacnea, and Carnivine), a Bewear would be absolutely perfect for him.

I didn't even notice Mimikyu on the poster. I think I'd rather see James catching one more than Jessie, if only because I think his more gentle and caring nature would make him appreciate and sympathize with Mimikyu right off the bat than Jessie would. Still, Mimikyu being on Team Rocket would be kind of cute.

Starting to question whether Ash is going to catch new pokemon if he is going to school. Not liking what I am hearing of the Alola saga so far.

Okay this is really starting to bother me. Why wouldn't Ash capture new Pokemon? Why would they bother to keep Ash around if he wasn't going to keep being a trainer and capture more Pokemon? Why does everything think that the school setting is going to turn the series into a school anime and Ash is just going to deal with the day to day life of being a student. I can understand not being thrilled with the premise, especially when it does sound strange on paper, but actually starting to question whether or not Ash is going to catch new Pokemon is ridiculous.

Starting to question whether Ash is going to catch new pokemon if he is going to school. Not liking what I am hearing of the Alola saga so far.
If the summer school arcs of Sinnoh and Kalos are anything to go by, Ash isn't going to be cooped up in a classroom for countless episodes. He and the other students still got into some activities and unexpected hijinks.

This is an unusual and unexpected concept, I can't deny that, but I'd say that it's no more left field than Ash reaching the finals of a league conference.

Okay this is really starting to bother me. Why wouldn't Ash capture new Pokemon? Why would they bother to keep Ash around if he wasn't going to keep being a trainer and capture more Pokemon? Why does everything think that the school setting is going to turn the series into a school anime and Ash is just going to deal with the day to day life of being a student. I can understand not being thrilled with the premise, especially when it does sound strange on paper, but actually starting to question whether or not Ash is going to catch new Pokemon is ridiculous.
Sorry about that. I'm probably jumping to conclusions and it might not be what I think it is. I guess he would be catching pokemon but how they fit this school thing is a mystery. I should really wait for more info.

I dunno why, but I get the feeling someone will catch Tapu Koko, not necessarily Ash but one of the cast characters

Sorry about that. I'm probably jumping to conclusions and it might not be what I think it is. I guess he would be catching pokemon but how they fit this school thing is a mystery. I should really wait for more info.
I'm picturing this as though it were the Wigglytuff Guild from the PMD Explorer games. You're learning and training in some sort of institution, but you still do jobs outside and still recruit Pokémon to your team. Guild members or not, you're still an exploration team. Ash may well be in the same boat as the player and partner of those games.

Or I could instead call this the plot point that establishes his Alola journey, similarly to the way he arrived in Unova by tagging along with Professor Oak when he went to meet with Juniper. The school may well be a short lived thing that ends with Ash wanting to stay in Alola for the series

We just don't know enough about this upcoming series to pass any firm judgements, that's really all I can say.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the fact that Ash is learning Z moves has to indicate there's some form of challenge going on in Alola.... otherwise why even have the Z watch? He gonna capture Pokemon, no question

It is kind of weird that they haven't referred to Tapu Koko as a Legendary Pokemon in the games yet despite being one of the island Guardians, but I agree that it's pretty unlikely for someone to catch it. Ash seeing Tapu Koko like I believe the player character does in the games on the other hand sound pretty plausible.

Before going to Alola Ash should catch one more Kalos Pokémon like a Phantump & Batting at the Battle Chateau all the way to Grand Duke.

When he get to Alola I see Ash gets Alola Pokémon like Litten Pikipek Jangmo-O & Tapu Koko too.

Before going to Alola Ash should catch one more Kalos Pokémon like a Phantump
I'll admit to wanting a Small Size Pumpkaboo or Gourgeist to go with Ash. Grass type, fast, Gen VI, and some chances for it to butt heads with Jessie's Super Size Gourgeist.

Back
Top Bottom