• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I don't see why Ash and Kukui can't both have Incineroar. Kukui is a secondary main character anyway and his Incineroar only appears sporadically. The only problem I see is that if (and that's a big if for now) Ash and Kukui battle and their Incineroars face off, there's no way to tell them apart. But they could easily solve this by having Kukui's Incineroar also wear a luchador mask (specially for the league) or another piece of clothing (reminds me of Hawlucha briefly wearing a luchador mask just for showing off during the Kalos League). Even that wouldn't necessarily be a problem.

I don't see why Ash and Kukui can't both have Incineroar. Kukui is a secondary main character anyway and his Incineroar only appears sporadically. The only problem I see is that if (and that's a big if for now) Ash and Kukui battle and their Incineroars face off, there's no way to tell them apart. But they could easily solve this by having Kukui's Incineroar also wear a luchador mask (specially for the league) or another piece of clothing (reminds me of Hawlucha briefly wearing a luchador mask just for showing off during the Kalos League). Even that wouldn't necessarily be a problem.
Or just make Kukui’s look bigger and more muscular.

It was literally Torracat's storyline to become stronger... that’s enough reason for training and evolution.

Given that Ash hasn't done much with him however (compared to how he trained Rockruff/Lycanroc for instance), I don't feel like Torracat evolving is completely justified at this point. Also, given the unremarkable level of the competition at the League this time around, I don't feel any real sense of urgency for Ash's Pokemon to reach the peak of their development, because hardly any of the revealed competitors seem like a real challenge that would necessitate Ash going all-out and evolving his remaining Gen 7 Pokemon.

I don't feel any real sense of urgency for Ash's Pokemon to reach the peak of their development, because hardly any of the revealed competitors seem like a real challenge that would necessitate Ash going all-out and evolving his remaining Gen 7 Pokemon.

Torracat vs Incineroar is almost confirmed though. So it needs to be in a form enough to not be OHKOed by Kukui's Incineroar.

It has more of a justification for evolution than Tsareena, Primarina and Vikavolt...

Does Lana’s Primarina have a different voice than Ida’s?
The VA list could indicate Torracat’s evolution in the Celebi episode if so.

Every character of the day had an Empoleon it seemed like in DP, I don't think that Ash not getting an Incineroar has anything to do with Kukui having one. I think the writers just don't want to give him anything nice - but he really hasn't had anything exciting to his team lineup in a while. I'm not going to acknowledge Meltan, I think that is just another temporary thing and it'll be released eventually.

Regardless of whether Meltan stays in Ash's possession or gets released later on, I think it'll at least evolve and become Ash's saving grace at the League since it doesn't seem like Rowlet or Torracat will evolve imo. Meltan's gimmicky as hell, but I think it has more potential than Poipole had.

Regardless of whether Meltan stays in Ash's possession or gets released later on, I think it'll at least evolve and become Ash's saving grace at the League since it doesn't seem like Rowlet or Torracat will evolve imo. Meltan's gimmicky as hell, but I think it has more potential than Poipole had.
Torracat might end up evolving in SM125.

Weird how many of y'all were so adamant that the writers wouldn't double up on Z Crystals and have the SuMo cast members share the same type of crystals as if it was the word of God himself these past two years. I love it when the writers shut down baseless fan theories. :ROFLMAO:

It’s strange, why doesn’t Kukui let his braviery out of his Pokéball like his wife munchlax to feed

Mallow got Grassium in today's episode, showing that the main characters can share Z-Crystals. I wonder why they didn't bother giving Torracat Firium.
Weird how many of y'all were so adamant that the writers wouldn't double up on Z Crystals and have the SuMo cast members share the same type of crystals as if it was the word of God himself these past two years. I love it when the writers shut down baseless fan theories. :ROFLMAO:
They, probably, weren't planning to give her a crystal at the time.

It’s strange, why doesn’t Kukui let his braviery out of his Pokéball like his wife munchlax to feed

The writers probably don't think that Braviary is marketable enough to show up as often as Munchlax does. I mean Munchlax was the first Gen 4 Pokemon revealed, so it was once popular as Gen 4's mascot for a time and it covers the cute/funny role quite well, whereas Braviary is just a big bird.

Back
Top Bottom