• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

I’ll never understand the logic of “He shouldn’t have got it if he was going to release it.” Does it even matter now where does the Pokemon go after its series ends? It wouldn’t return anyway and would be at Oak’s ranch rotting.

And it also doesn’t mean that the writers “can’t bring back the Pokemon”. They’re literally paid to come up with excuses for that if they want to bring back a Pokemon.
Yes it matters.Ash did use his oaked pokemon in sinnoh league and battle frontier.If his pokemon are in Oak's lab or in training we can always expect to see them and speculate fun stuff at certain times.I know we didn't get to see any of Ash's old mon battling in the past two gens.But that doesn't mean it won't happen again.

Yes it matters.Ash did use his oaked pokemon in sinnoh league and battle frontier.If his pokemon are in Oak's lab or in training we can always expect to see them and speculate fun stuff at certain times.I know we didn't get to see any of Ash's old mon battling in the past two gens.But that doesn't mean it won't happen again.
If the writers actually want Goodra to return there’s nothing stopping them from pulling a "Ash gave it’s caretaker a call." Gliscor and Charizard were "released" similarly and returned. Such "releases" don’t stop the possibility of the Pokémon returning. In fact, it literally happened in the Sun/Moon series with Naganadel. Being released doesn’t make an entire capture worthless.

Goodra's character arc is about it's returning and saving its homeland from invaders.
Greninja's goal is a more dramatic conclusion for it than being left in Oak's ranch.
Greninja: being as overdramatic and attention-hogging as possible until the very end.

Yeah I'm sorry but I'll never understand why people loved Greninja's screentime hogging ways back in 2016. Like, people still get upset whenever Ash uses Pikachu for important battles despite him being Ash's favorite and by default needing the most attention, but hardly anyone had a problem with Greninja sucking the life out of the XY&Z arc for almost an entire year.

Yeah I'm sorry but I'll never understand why people loved Greninja's screentime hogging ways back in 2016. Like, people still get upset whenever Ash uses Pikachu for important battles despite him being Ash's favorite and by default needing the most attention, but hardly anyone had a problem with Greninja sucking the life out of the XY&Z arc for almost an entire year.
There were some complaints, I remember the posts.

I think I finally get why the Alola team was left behind.

With Ash’s title being mentioned, he necessarily must have a champion team, and them being away is the perfect excuse to not showcase it when people wonder.

I really hope that Dreepy shows up soon either wild or under the ownership of another major character like the new dragon type Gym leader. I just love the Dreepy line.

That one Ghost type gym leader with the Shy Guy mask might use it if he ever appears. which I'm beginning to suspect is unlikely 'cause there's no sign of a Galar gym challenge happening in this series.

I really like Dreepy so I hope Ash would Catch it, but it’s rather unlikely seeing how it’s evolutions end up with multiple Dreepy on it and the anime would rather avoid explaining it.

This probably confirms his Previous series Pokemon aren’t going to be making regular appearances this series.

I don't think it confirms anything of the sort. All it means is that in this case Ash decided to use his nanny instead of contacting Prof. Oak, but that doesn't mean that he'll always go for Mr. Mime instead of using reserves later on.

I am really sad. I Honestly thought this season was meant for old mons to evolve. We have a Mr.Mime instead. Don't know what to hope anymore. Last episode was expecting a Pidgeot return, got a Pokemon Go frenzy, this one was expecting Glalie or Sceptile and got this. Really hard when your hopes get crushed like this...

I don't think it confirms anything of the sort. All it means is that in this case Ash decided to use his nanny instead of contacting Prof. Oak, but that doesn't mean that he'll always go for Mr. Mime instead of using reserves later on.

Ash has a big collection of Pokémon, but for some contrived reason he uses his mum’s...

We’re not seeing Oaked Pokémon in random fillers.

I am really sad. I Honestly thought this season was meant for old mons to evolve. We have a Mr.Mime instead. Don't know what to hope anymore. Last episode was expecting a Pidgeot return, got a Pokemon Go frenzy, this one was expecting Glalie or Sceptile and got this. Really hard when your hopes get crushed like this...

I'm sorry but this sounds like a case of you expecting way too much, more than an issue with this series itself. I still don't understand how anyone could've realistically expected Ash's released Pidgeot to appear in SS006; that episode was hyped as being all about Go catching Bug types from the get-go and there was never any indication that Ash's Pidgeot would return given that we knew immediately when the first info on the episode was revealed that the episode would take place in the Vermilion forest, not the Viridian Forest. Like, y'all set yourselves up for disappointment.

Last edited:
The latest episode reveals that Go caught a Taillow (on screen) and three Wurmple (off screen)

Based on what I saw, he's hoping to evolve them into Silcoon and Cascoon and they may evolve further into Dustox and Beautiful

The latest episode reveals that Go caught a Taillow (on screen) and three Wurmple (off screen)

Based on what I saw, he's hoping to evolve them into Silcoon and Cascoon and they may evolve further into Dustox and Beautiful

Is Go going for a living Dec or not? If yes then he’d need to catch 5 Wurmple, if no he’d only need two...

Back
Top Bottom