• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Journeys: Thoughts So Far

The episode was advertised to be about Ash but no double focus.

It's said that Ganpi from the Kalos region Elite Four is currently enthusiastically coaching Pokémon Trainers. Satoshi and Kamonegi, as well as Go and Strike, set off for Ganpi's for coaching!

-----

Satoshi is training Kamonegi when Sakuragi Laboratories aide Renji informs him that Ganpi from the Kalos region Elite Four is apparently currently enthusiastically coaching Pokémon and Trainers that desire true strength. So Satoshi takes Kamonegi and Go takes Strike along to the House of Chivalry in the Kalos region. But just what IS this enthusiastic coaching of Elite Four Ganpi's that awaits the two?

Ash is basically a glorified side character with Goh taking up 80% of the limelight.

But it's still a huge problem, especially now that Goh will have all 3 of the Galar starters, marking the first time that Ash goes an entire saga without a starter from the current gen.
I don’t see it as a huge problem. There are plenty of firsts this season, that doesn’t inherently make it the worst.
Honestly, I don’t personally care who owns the starters. I don’t equate giving all three of them to Go as some sort of deification of him nor is it some massive insult to Ash.

I don’t see it as a huge problem. There are plenty of firsts this season, that doesn’t inherently make it the worst.
Honestly, I don’t personally care who owns the starters. I don’t equate giving all three of them to Go as some sort of deification of him nor is it some massive insult to Ash.
But we don't know if Goh is getting it. Bonding =/= catching it. There are Pokemon that Ash has bonded with, but has not caught.

But we don't know if Goh is getting it. Bonding =/= catching it. There are Pokemon that Ash has bonded with, but has not caught.
It's clear that they wouldn't hype Grookey with Gou if it was going to Ash. Besides, it would be weird if Grookey did not join the main cast at all.

I agree.
It's clear that they wouldn't hype Grookey with Gou if it was going to Ash. Besides, it would be weird if Grookey did not join the main cast at all.
No one was saying it won’t join the cast at all. I don’t disagree that it seems likely that it’s going to Goh, but obviously nothing is 100% confirmed yet.

I agree.

No one was saying it won’t join the cast at all. I don’t disagree that it seems likely that it’s going to Goh, but obviously nothing is 100% confirmed yet.
They wouldn't showcase it with Gou constantly if it was going to Ash. Also, I highly doubt that Ash is gonna catch something in an episode that will focus on Goh.

They wouldn't showcase it with Gou constantly if it was going to Ash. Also, I highly doubt that Ash is gonna catch something in an episode that will focus on Goh.
It’s not 100% going to Goh. People were certain he wouldn’t catch Suicune and positive that Ash wouldn’t get Dracovish. You yourself thought Ash would catch Centiscorch if I recall correctly. We don’t know for sure until the episode airs, no matter how likely.

To be fair, the marketing for this series has been pretty misleading, mainly when it comes to catches. The preview was a huge sign that Ash was going to get Sobble, but they used the audio for Galarian Farfetch'd's capture over it instead, which is such a baffling decision on multiple levels. While they still might give Grookey to Goh, it wouldn't be unusual for the marketing to be misleading here as well.

That was deliberate misdirection on the marketing team's part.

And that could be the case with Grookey too. I wouldn't put money on it, but it's at least possible at the moment.

It's said that Ganpi from the Kalos region Elite Four is currently enthusiastically coaching Pokémon Trainers. Satoshi and Kamonegi, as well as Go and Strike, set off for Ganpi's for coaching!

-----

Satoshi is training Kamonegi when Sakuragi Laboratories aide Renji informs him that Ganpi from the Kalos region Elite Four is apparently currently enthusiastically coaching Pokémon and Trainers that desire true strength. So Satoshi takes Kamonegi and Go takes Strike along to the House of Chivalry in the Kalos region. But just what IS this enthusiastic coaching of Elite Four Ganpi's that awaits the two?
Before the summary we didn't even know if Gıh was gonna be in the episode.

Could you imagine if this was Ash's last series? Not going out in a blazing glory like Sinnoh, rather playing second fiddle to a Pokemon Go marketing campaign. The anime would cease all relevancy if that ever happened. Regardless, the decline doesn't bother me too much. The anime has been running for almost 25 years. It was only a matter of time until the decline became apparant. Ignoring Best Wishes, Sun and Moon, and the Kalos League, we ended up having around 16 seasons of the anime that were really good. Not many other shows can claim that, but the best days look to be behind us.

Could you imagine if this was Ash's last series? Not going out in a blazing glory like Sinnoh, rather playing second fiddle to a Pokemon Go marketing campaign. The anime would cease all relevancy if that ever happened. Regardless, the decline doesn't bother me too much. The anime has been running for almost 25 years. It was only a matter of time until the decline became apparant. Ignoring Best Wishes, Sun and Moon, and the Kalos League, we ended up having around 16 seasons of the anime that were really good. Not many other shows can claim that, but the best days look to be behind us.
That's actually... REALLY sad to think about

If this is Ash's swan song, and if it is, I can only hope they get themselves together by this year. I have to confess I still have some hope inside of me.

That's actually... REALLY sad to think about

If this is Ash's swan song, and if it is, I can only hope they get themselves together by this year. I have to confess I still have some hope inside of me.

I don't think it's possible for the series to be Ash's swan song because they actually created an alternative Universe Ash. If they did write this Ash out, then what about the one who is randomly running through regions? Honestly, just reset the button. This whole thing is a mess.

Last edited:
The question now should not be "Will this Series get better"... the question should be "Will this Series get worst than Best Wishes"... I think it already is.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom