• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon of the Week (POTW)

Article #81-The Panda & The Chopsticks
  • 674Pancham_XY_anime_2.png

675Pangoro_XY_anime.png
    Greetings Trainers! It’s your girl, Amy, still in Malie Garden this week for National Chopsticks Day. Chopsticks are a type of utensil used in eastern cultures, such as those like Johto. A Pokemon that represents an eastern culture is Pancham and Pangoro, two panda-like Pokemon that are native to Kalos. Even though they are native to Kalos, there are also groups of them in Alola, one of which is on Route 10, just outside of Malie City.

Traveling south of the garden, I moved through the city then headed west, onto Route 10. Pancham has a unique evolution. In order to become a Pangoro, Pancham has to not only level up, but has to level up while a Dark Type is in their trainer’s party. Route 10 is between Malie City & Mount Hokulani, and has a bunch of trees that are known to have Flying Types bursting out of them. Here comes the little panda now! (Sees a Pancham)

See that leaf? It is used simply by Pancham to look cool and tough. Pancham also looks up to its leader, Pangoro, who gives leaves to the coolest and toughest of the Pancham. (Sends out Alcremie to catch the panda. One Quick Ball later and it is caught)

StatsPancham
    HP67
    Attack82
    Defense62
    Special Attack46
    Special Defense48
    Speed43

Now that I have caught Pancham, I have to figure out a way to get a Dark Type to facilitate this evolution. Heading back into the Garden, I trained Pancham against the Pokemon in the Garden, eventually getting Pancham almost trained up and ready to evolve. Remembering that I need another Dark Type to trigger the evolution, I remembered that Meowth in Alola are Dark Type, so I endeavored to catch one. After I found one, I caught it quickly, which triggered the evolution, just as I thought it would. Pangoro!

StatsPangoro
    HP95
    Attack124
    Defense78
    Special Attack69
    Special Defense71
    Speed58

I have gotten 3 Pokemon after getting one. Looks like I should go to the tea shop again and have some rice using my chopsticks. This is Amy, signing off!

Back
    Top Bottom