• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you think should not have been created

i dont like the pre-evolution pokemon, as in pokemon you have to breed to get, noone ever uses them, they're just there to fill up spaces in the pokedex

other than them, i think that they should have spent less time coming up with a bajilion legendaries for d/p and come up with more fire types

Porygon because you have to trade it just so it can evolve into a second form that's a real pain

Metapod is useless if you catch that on it's own in frlgrby, or dp. It usually has Harden and String Shot- not enough to defeat other pkmn.

By the same token, I could say that Magikarp is useless-- which it is. But it evolves into Gyarados, which is definitely not useless.

I personally love Porygon-Z.
Probably Chatot didn't need to exist really.

Anything that doesn't evolve and has no base stats at 100 or above. Seriously. Until they made evolutions for those Pokémon, they just weren't viable at all.

Oh yeah, Porygon; it gave people seizures and relatively useless.
I like Porygon. It's different. It's man-made and a computer program. Maybe it's because I'm obsessed with technology and computers... if I had a Porygon, I'd make sure it could stream Pandora from anywhere. :ksmile:

I personally love Porygon-Z.
Probably Chatot didn't need to exist really.
If I had to choose a Pokemon that really wasn't needed, I'd actually say it would be Porygon-Z. Absolutely useless. I mean? A glitched up version of Porygon? Wha? And I hate it's sprite. It looks exactly like Porygon2 except that Z's head is floating. Besides, why is there a dash between "Porygon" and "Z", but "Porygon2" is just one word? That kinda annoys me too.

Not too fond of Magnezone either. Magneton was cool, it was like 3 Magnemites put together. Kinda lazy, but it works. Magnezone just looks like a UFO.

Sometimes I wish they didn't create evolutions for Piplup, seriusly.

And, people, I really don't think Pikachu should be blamed for the seziure incident...it was the CREATORS mistake, not Pikachu's. And they fixed it. THATS what matter's!

Pikachu, the thing that's singlehandedly created mass bad impressions of the franchise in people worldwide. Even I find it annoying, and I don't find much to be annoying.

I like Porygon. It's different. It's man-made and a computer program. Maybe it's because I'm obsessed with technology and computers... if I had a Porygon, I'd make sure it could stream Pandora from anywhere. :ksmile:

If I had to choose a Pokemon that really wasn't needed, I'd actually say it would be Porygon-Z. Absolutely useless. I mean? A glitched up version of Porygon? Wha? And I hate it's sprite. It looks exactly like Porygon2 except that Z's head is floating. Besides, why is there a dash between "Porygon" and "Z", but "Porygon2" is just one word? That kinda annoys me too.

Not too fond of Magnezone either. Magneton was cool, it was like 3 Magnemites put together. Kinda lazy, but it works. Magnezone just looks like a UFO.

Because Porygon-Z is crazy cool!
What other Pokémon looks that odd? With yellow target eyes and all glitchy and odd. It may seem like a novelty Pokémon but it's pretty nifty. Plus, it's useful in cool contests. But yeah...the Z think annoys me a bit too.

Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat. Zubat needs to be GONE, PAL-PARKED in Gen 5. I love bats in real life, but Zubat is ugly, annoying, and waaaay too overused.

Zubat, Zubat, Zubat, Zubat. Zubat needs to be GONE, PAL-PARKED in Gen 5. I love bats in real life, but Zubat is ugly, annoying, and waaaay too overused.

Crobat is still awesome though right?

Like it's design, but Zubat and Golbat pretty much ruined Crobat for me. I want a fruitbat Pokemon and Zubat buried under Mt. Everest.

On the subject of Porygon, I'm not really fond of the entire evolution chain. Not to sound ironic, but the fact that it's a effectively just a robot has always really bugged me. It's like including a Robosapien in an animal encyclodia.

Electrivire and Magmortar. They're... horrible. Electabuzz's and Magmar's babeh forms were cute, but that was enough. Rhyperior is absolutely terrible too. Rhydon was cool AND cute, and they just had to ruin it.

Though, Tangrowth I can take for some reason, and I love Lickilicky! So not all 1st Gen Pokemon evolutions are that bad in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I really DO NOT like you Meron those are my favorite pokemon and I really hate cuteness

I never saw a point of Lickitung what's the piont of a that pokemon also I never liked Dursparce still has no point
I think Rattata, Zigzagoon, Sentret, amd Bidoof's existance makes no sence
I really hate Machop, Geodude and Zubat because I am so sick of seeing them in caves
Farfetch'd was a weird pokemon it didn't have anything very special
Voltorb and Electrode I really hate those times I thought they were items
Azurill completly ruined the marill line
Wobbefett is a wall
Tentacuel because in Gen. I it was the only pokemon found surfing and I'm still against the idea of how mantine and Pelliper are the only other pokemon that can be found surfing
During Gen. III I really hated nosepass
Anorith in Gen III I thought it had a horrible moveset
I didn't get the point of Kelceon
Pachirisu I hated it compared to plusle & minun

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom