• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokéwalker Discussion Thread

What do you think of Pokéwalker?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i know 3 ways to cheat it

1 put it on some thing with a rumble that it can rock on
2 make it rumble alot while moving
3 attach to pant legs and bang against your leg

I've heard of people taping it to a fan. It didn't work for me. I tried taping it to my dogs harness, but as soon as I got him in the harness he went to sleep. I wish I had a baby sibling with one of those bouncer chairs, those should rack up some steps.

If you have a broken video game controller which does nothing but vibrate madly when you plug it in lying around collecting dust somewhere, then bust that out.

I have racked up 99999 steps on a single Pokéwalker in a single day by just rubber-banding it to the controller and leaving it on all day.

I'm not normally into cheating, but the requirements to unlock everything in this are kind of daunting (having to walk 1000 miles to unlock everything is a tid bit unrealistic).

I do use it when I go on walks with my g/f, though, and manage to rack up about 5-7k steps in a few hours. I've also had it clipped to my pocket when playing DDR for a few hours and got something like 25k steps. :D

Well, I just got my Wailmer. Only took me long enough.
I normally take it to work with me and I get anywhere from 11k-20k in a day.

Well, I just got my Wailmer. Only took me long enough.
I normally take it to work with me and I get anywhere from 11k-20k in a day.

Im wagging my foot furiously to get the couple of watts I still need to unlock the Sinnoh Field. I just really want to get to Icy mountain road and get a female Snorunt

I've heard of people taping it to a fan. It didn't work for me. I tried taping it to my dogs harness, but as soon as I got him in the harness he went to sleep. I wish I had a baby sibling with one of those bouncer chairs, those should rack up some steps.

Tying it with a ribbon works better. I don't mean a ceiling fan, I'm talking more about the smaller ones on stands. With AC everywhere now, not many people use the small ones that spin (also called oscillating fans), but if you're able to...I had strung the ribbon through the walker and then through the spokes in the front of the fan so it hung down. Turned it, moved fast enough for it to rack me up all 99,999 in about..18-20 hours?

Your best bet is to synch up your pokemon and try again tomorrow. also try to find pokemon as close to the mark you need as possible. Like you said, you were at 12k steps, its probably better if you tried a bit earlier around the 10k to 11k range.

I actually found that going farther was best. I would usually search when I reached the 99,999 steps and had around 5k watts each night. Not only did I have more watts, but I didn't use them all up. Only used up maybe...2k total over about three days? I found that this was easiest. I'd keep going till I either had one from the second !, !!, and !!! or until it hit midnight. See what I got, then decide whether I need to do it again the next day.

Worked for me.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned (I didn't feel like reading 40 pages to find out), but you actually can connect the same two Pokéwalkers as many times in a single day as you desire.

You just have to trade them back to the DS after each connection and then you can do it again, once they're back onto the Pokéwalker!

I learned this from a Youtube vid, where some Brazilian guy speaking Portuguese showed himself and a friend doing that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJVQies3ZqY

Combine that with my other topic on the HG/SS forum here and you have easy access to as many of a certain item as you want in a fairly short period of time. And best of all, is that it's entirely Watt-free! :D

Tying it with a ribbon works better. I don't mean a ceiling fan, I'm talking more about the smaller ones on stands. With AC everywhere now, not many people use the small ones that spin (also called oscillating fans), but if you're able to...I had strung the ribbon through the walker and then through the spokes in the front of the fan so it hung down. Turned it, moved fast enough for it to rack me up all 99,999 in about..18-20 hours?

I actually found that going farther was best. I would usually search when I reached the 99,999 steps and had around 5k watts each night. Not only did I have more watts, but I didn't use them all up. Only used up maybe...2k total over about three days? I found that this was easiest. I'd keep going till I either had one from the second !, !!, and !!! or until it hit midnight. See what I got, then decide whether I need to do it again the next day.

Worked for me.

Im actually super lost on how you guys rigged the thing to a fan. Is there a youtube video or some instructions we can get linked? I tried it on my ceiling fan today but no dice unfortunately :(

Im actually super lost on how you guys rigged the thing to a fan. Is there a youtube video or some instructions we can get linked? I tried it on my ceiling fan today but no dice unfortunately :(

See...I didn't tie it to a ceiling fan. I tied it to a er..desk fan. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ecco-Pistachio-Desk-Fan/11373702 Similar to this though much cheaper. I didn't secure it very well either. I let it hang down from it so that would sort of sway as the fan turned back and forth. I think this worked better than going in a circle. Since when you walk your leg doesn't go in a circle but more of a half-circle, you'll need to imitate that back and forth motion.

Hey, tonight I just confirmed my last post by looking up what I could get with my g/f's step count and mine - I settled on the PP Ups available on the Rugged Road and ended up getting about 6 or 7 of them by connecting the two Pokéwalkers, trading them back to our HG/SS cartridges and then back onto the Pokéwalkers, then connecting them again, etc. etc. etc.

I can't wait until I have access to the Sinnoh Field route (the next one for me to unlock), cause I'll then have access to an unlimited amount of Rare Candies, no Watts required.

im not sure if im the only one with this or not so i wanted to ask, does everyones pokewalker give like 10 steps for every actual 1 step you take? i feel like mine gives way too many steps. i got more then 10000 steps last nite at work, granted i have a lot of walking to do but still i shook it 3 times and it gave me like 15 or 20 steps???

It does that to me too. I believe that's to compensate for the fact that it takes a slight delay to start recording motion and therefore you may have already started walking, but don't quote me on that. Either way, better 1 step count as 10 than 10 steps count as 1 :p

how do you catch the rarer pokemon? ive spent 400 watts trying to get a kangaskan with no luck.

and i did walk the nessary 3000 steps for it to appear

also, i havent been able to get a psychic tm off of night sky's edge.

am i missing something or does it juust require perseverence?

Last edited:
how do you catch the rarer pokemon? ive spent 400 watts trying to get a kangaskan with no luck.

and i did walk the nessary 300 steps for it to appear

I'm assuming you keep running into Doduos; take your walking Pokemon out and then put it in again. If you see a Doduo again then repeat.

EDIT:

There's only a 1% chance to find Psychic; just keep trying :p

I'm trying to find a Azurill and how many steps does it require...I did find a Leichi Berry though

I'm assuming you keep running into Doduos; take your walking Pokemon out and then put it in again. If you see a Doduo again then repeat.

EDIT:

There's only a 1% chance to find Psychic; just keep trying :p

so the pokemon available is determined when you deposit the pokemon in the pokewalker?

One of my little sisters is constantly finding Jinx.

And I'm going to try the fan trick.

Im trying to catch a pikachu that knows fly and another that knows surf on the pokewalker and by the way if you breed them would you get a pikachu that knows surf and fly

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom