• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Popular game franchises you've never played.

Of the mascot platformers, I've never interacted with Spyro the Dragon in any capacity. (Not even through Skylanders). Same for Banjo-Kazooie, but I've at least read plenty about that. LittleBigPlanet as well, but in that case I don't have a Playstation to play a game from that franchise with.

I've never dabbled in Fire Emblem, Overwatch, Kingdom Hearts, or any modern FPS shooters (CoD, Battlefield, etc.).

i've never played a single sonic game (though i've seen people play them), nor final fantasy, kirby, pikmin (though i'm interested), kingdom hearts, xenoblade... or basically any of the popular games for the playstation or xbox, because i've never used either. there's a lot of them i haven't played!

I keep telling myself I'd get to Fire Emblem eventually... Still haven't...

It's funny cuz I have a notable history for heavily playing FE characters in Smash (I mained Corrin in 4, Byleth is one of my secondaries in Ultimate) so you'd think I would want to experience their games asap.

Uhhhh I played the Awakening demo if that counts?

like any of the fifa thingies. (what do they even do)
ive never played mario but i would like that to change (starting with wonder probably). not kirby or pikmin either
ive never touched and WILL never touch fortnite or apex
also assassins creed, destiny, whatever else
idk i live in a pokemon/fighting game/other assorted jrpgs and cutesy life sims a la animal crossing and stardew valley bubble

The Last of Us, Silent Hill, Metal Gear, Animal Crossing, Bayonetta, Kingdom Hearts... There could be a lot more that I'm forgetting !

Most of them actually

I’ve never really played legend of Zelda (though I do own botw. Its… somewhere. I don’t have the case cause it’s a second hand game)

It would probably be easier to say what I do play (which is really just Pokémon, Mario, and animal crossing, with an occasional other game)

I intend to play Persona 5 Royal eventually but i really wanna play the persona series it seems really cool and i wanna try it out
it's super good, i definitely recommend it!

it crossed my mind that i've never played story of seasons or harvest moon, weirdly. especially because they're totally the type of game i would play

Quite frankly, lots of them.

Just off the top of my head I've never played:
  • Halo
  • Gears of War
  • God of War
  • Uncharted
  • The Last of Us
  • Madden NFL
  • Dark Souls
  • Gran Turismo
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Devil May Cry
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Five Nights at Freddy's
  • Genshin Impact

The list goes on.

This opinion is probably gonna earn me metaphorical daggers, but anything in the Mihoyoverse now (Genshin, Starrail, ZZZ), I avoid everything they put out like a plague. Other than that, I only touched a couple Persona games, 2 FE games, I don't really touch Sonic anymore. Never touched a FNAF game. Haven't touched Kirby (shamefully) in so long either.

Honestly I have a lot of game franchises I have touched about once, and even enjoyed, but simply had no desire to go back to? A lot of franchises I also touched many, many years ago and haven't touched any of their copious sequels since for all different kinds of reasons.

I haven't ever played Zelda... this will hopefully change soon, though? There's got to be a reason that so many of their games are acclaimed LOL. I tend to avoid AAA-style games as I've never found one that's my cup of tea. (with only the exception of Halo, shooters don't appeal to me whatsoever, as well as western-style non-Pokémon (?) RPGs?)

I abhor FNAF for a wide variety of reasons LOL, but that's just a personal thing... I tend to sink a lot of my time into things like visual novels and puzzle games, so a lot of popular JRPGS (like xenoblade or persona etc) tend to feel a bit long for me to get into...? (And I don't particularly enjoy Genshin and other Hoyoverse games, as well ahaha. That's just how I am?) FFXIV is a ginormous exception to my RPG time commitment fears, although I tend to play it in bursts, I've really enjoyed it despite being a beginner. I'd like to think that I've played the majority of popular Nintendo franchises at least once, with the exception of Zelda (and Metroid, a shooter), though... not all of them are ones I'd really want to go back to (similarly to my subway master of a sister above!).

I guess the one series that people may (?) be surprised I haven't played more of would probably be Ace Attorney? I really enjoyed the first installment when I played it a few years ago, and have been wanting to revisit it for ages, but it just hasn't happened weirdly... I'm hoping to soon, though!

I haven't played any FIFA games, Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil. I'm trying to think of other games that I haven't played that are popular, a lot of FPS games are not a game I am interested in. Five Nights at Freddy's.

Back
Top Bottom