• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Potential News Dates (Comments May Contain Spoilers!)

I think whatever you guys are anticipating, it's going to be a let down. I'm not expecting bigger news drops until end of September, early October.
Pretty sure that no one is expecting major news or that there will definitely be any news in the seemingly upcoming Nintendo Direct, so I don't think there will be many let downs happening here. I know I definitely won't be let down one way or another. We're just discussing the possibility that it might get anything at all.

Also our big news drops have been coming at the start of each month anyway.

I think that if there'll be news in the direct, they will announce It through their social accounts, so we may know in a couple of days.

The Sept. 1st announcement turned out to be an announcement of an announcement of something to happen on the 29th of this month.

It's interesting that the anime will feature all past regions. Considering that I doubt that they will cut stuff from Galar in favor of other regions, maybe this means gen 8 will be a really long gen with Ash going all around the world while visiting Galar at the same time (4-5 years?).

I wouldn't bet on a 5-year generation, and they can cut a lot of fillers now that they have a lot more content to work with. Assuming a 3-year generation:

Kanto-Alola: 10 episodes each
Galar: 70 episodes

Or a 4-year generation:

Kanto- Alola: 15 episodes each
Galar: 85 episodes

They are gonna pick up after the attack of the spearow in Kanto. jk

Really though, I am really curious about all regions being featured. Maybe they will have to travel to each one for some crisis reason. Or Ash could just be trying to help new trainers start their journey because it was requested of him or is some exercise for something.

oh also, I wonder if the past regions is just buying time or if maybe it will be some sort of reference to SwSh games.

It's interesting that the anime will feature all past regions. Considering that I doubt that they will cut stuff from Galar in favor of other regions, maybe this means gen 8 will be a really long gen with Ash going all around the world while visiting Galar at the same time (4-5 years?).
I don't think there's any confirmation that Ash will be in this series? Or is there?

Maybe they are going to work on character building more this time from all the different regions.

This multiple region thing is pretty interesting... it is a shame that we're not going to give Galar some quality time to explore it, though.

...oh gawd wait are they going to do like they did in Alola and just have Ash venture out to specific places for whatever reason? NO THANKS. I miss the traveling aspect of the series. >=/

This multiple region thing is pretty interesting... it is a shame that we're not going to give Galar some quality time to explore it, though.

...oh gawd wait are they going to do like they did in Alola and just have Ash venture out to specific places for whatever reason? NO THANKS. I miss the traveling aspect of the series. >=/
I think they could just focus on each individual characters journey through each region. So there'd still be some traveling.

Seeing as it's still the Pokémon Anime, I doubt it'd be anything revolutionary. Also, is this the correct thread for anime discussions? I don't really care much if it is being discussed, I just couldn't care less about the whole anime in general.

Seeing as it's still the Pokémon Anime, I doubt it'd be anything revolutionary. Also, is this the correct thread for anime discussions? I don't really care much if it is being discussed, I just couldn't care less about the whole anime in general.
Eh, not for in-depth discussion, but it's just kinda tangential commentary since this was a potential news date (and surprise, the news is that there will be more news- I am so still annoyed by this announcement for an announcement of an announcement thing.)

Back
Top Bottom