• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Praestantia Academy [Start-Up up, SU's still open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Praestantia Academy [SU's open; teachers wanted]

It'll be posted about 7PM GMT :)

It'd be nice to get some more teachers before we start though.

I'd still be happy to play a teacher ;D Heh... Just as soon as I get onto a computer so I won't have to write it on my phone...

and oh! since you want us to update our char sheets every so often, would it be a good idea to link the names in the original post to the character sheet posts?

To those of you who offered teachers it would be much appreciated.

Dash;
I'm over-tired at the moment; do you mean the original post here, in the yet-to-be-made start-up or in everyone's first posts in said start-up? Because I'm pretty out of it at the moment and can't really comprehend anything P:

Start-up shall be posted shortly.

I meant the one here :p If you want, I'll just make it so you only have to copy-paste it, and delete a few spaces, then edit it into the original post of these signups?
I'll do it anyway, even if you dont reply :p

Okay, you just gotta add a "[" before every of those URL things, and then it should be okay. minus the bold and italic and size, but that speaks for itself.

Accepted students:

Corruption
URL=""http:// bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/#post3187437"]Semper Blackwell - Callidita[/URL]

Ebansu
URL=""http:/ /bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/#post3187619"]Nami Kuin - Quies[/URL]

Gym Leader Calvin
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/#post3187890"] Calvin O'Brien - Audentia
Camille O'Brien - Nito
r [/URL]

Dash
URL=""http://bm gf.bulbagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/#post3187940"]Leonardo Daedalic - Callidita[/URL]

XXDirty_DubstepXX
URL=""http://bmg f.bulbagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/#post3188127"]Ray Lugo - Audentia[/URL]

Harukamaylover
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/#post3189784"]Juliet Garcia - Libera[/URL]

GroundTrainer
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/#post3190307"]Nathan Parker - Nitor[/URL]

Dermodio
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbaga rden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/index2.html#post3190402"]Derry Modio - Libera[/URL]

Chocolate Bones
URL=""http://bmgf.bul bagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/index2.html#post3195902"]Gray Swan - Audentia[/URL]

Skitty-lover
URL=""http://bmgf.bul bagarden.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/index2.html#post3196722"]Hailey Freeman - Callidita[/URL]

~Pokemoll~
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbagar den.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/index2.html#post3198487"]Mitsuru Hatachiin - Libera
Mikuru Huninozuka - Quies
[/URL]

Miloticgirl McQueen
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbagarden .net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/index3.html#post3199240"]Tanya McCall - Libera[/URL]

Faculty members:

Corruption
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbagard en.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/index2.html#post3190413"]Sir Lyre Endon - Headmaster/Battle Skills Instructor[/URL]

Dermodio
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbagar den.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/index2.html#post3194492"]Oliver Kevin Tang - Head of Libera/History teacher[/URL]

Dash
URL=""http://bmgf.bulbagar den.net/f425/praestantia-academy-%5Bsus-open%3B-teachers-wanted%5D-109360/index3.html#post3198945"]Alexander Petrisjnov - Head of Callidita/Pokémon knowledge instructor[/URL]

Like this :D

De-coding it now :p

For lazy-ppls sake, you could just use that (and update it) on the first page of this, the RP, and the Ooc (if we get one), so people can get to their char sheet easily from all 3 things.
Also, changed Alexanders' field of teaching to Pokémon Knowledge... and it's basically general pokémon information. Physical attributes, typical behaviour, the kind of stuff that goes in the Pokédex. Could cover most of the general fields, such as breeding. It's a fairly whatchu call it... versatile sort of class ;D So if Pokemoll posts her teacher SU, I'll just edit the class a bit so it doesn't include what she has :D

Appreciate it muchly.

Start-up is going to be slightly late because I've lost my Copic markers which has put in in an utterly foul mood where I can't be bothered to do anything and my rp skills shall undoubtably reflect that. Nontheless I will post it.

Eventually.

That sucks, but above all, I wish you luck in finding your lost markers! ^^

In the mean time I'll work on that teacher sign-up..

Oh, and, Dash. Please avoid double and triple posts. Next time edit your post instead. Thanks.

I'm hoping I'll find them when I get back to school after half-term but it's doubtful :|

EDIT;
Start-up is up, SU's are still open.

Last edited:
Urgh, hope this get's in on time. If not, it was at least a good practice in character building. Not concise writing, though. :p

Federnder Frontkämpfer
*sigh*

Name: Federnder Frontkämpfer

“A name is just a name. It means nothing more.”

“Do not mistake biological for social classifications.”

Position: Student

“Respect the chain of command.”

“Youth is not something to take lightly. It should be suspiciously observed at all times.”

Sexuality: Heterosexual (one suspects)

“I have never given much thought to such considerations. I imagine I have one. Beyond that, I couldn’t possibly comment.”

Appearance:

Federnder’s features are rather bland. His face seems almost comically average, except not too much so. That would spoil the effect, after all. Brown eyes, short brown hair, average height, slightly imperfect complexion, pale-ish skin but of otherwise indeterminate race. Nothing memorable, in other words. This tends to make him fade into a crowd rather easily.

His clothes can be a different matter. Federnder has never cared about fashion and has never seen the necessity of dressing for anything other than function. As such he wears a well worm jacket with a number of inner and outer pockets over a simple slightly stained white shirt. His pants are no different and have also been made to hold any number of items. He wears boots instead of shoes, and they are lived in as the rest of his clothes. The jacket and pants are a slightly faded military greenish gray color while his boots are a dark gray verging on black.

The most standout parts of his wardrobe are the old military hat he wears and the goggles and bandanna that hang around his neck. The goggles are simple and the lenses slightly darkened to block out any harsh light. The bandana is dark black with white lines near the top giving it the appearance of the lower half of a skull. Always prepared, Federnder has these on hand in case… well, in case.

federnderprofileresizet.png

“All things, no matter the color, shape, or texture, have a purpose.”

History:

Federnder does not know who his parents are or where he came from, being raised in an orphanage just outside Nacerene City for most of his life. And he doesn’t particularly care to know. He has many happy memories in this time, mixed in with the bad, and always got along fairly well with the other children there. He made a number of friends and generally lived as normal a life as one could under the circumstances, though he tends to look poorly at his attitudes at this time. Perhaps it was because he came to realize he was unsatisfied with who he was that he eventually left the orphanage shortly after his tenth birthday.

Exactly where he went and who taught him is largely unimportant, though they were certainly in Unova and probably were some sort of organized structure given his changes in personality, and dress, by the time he left. He tends to brush off questions about it, calling the place “school” and the most important person he met there “The Major.” What is important is that when he left he had gone from a rather average ten year old to a teenager weary and worldly beyond his years.

Federnder made a short visit back to the orphanage and the places his various old friends had ended up, generally surprising and slightly unnerving them with the changes he made. But he ultimately began wandering for about a year before deciding to join the academy.

“It is not one's circumstances but one's choices in the face of them that determines who you are.”

Personality:

Given his background, Federnder has formed a very curt and straight forward personality. He is often blunt and tries to avoid any misunderstandings in what he is saying. Not that he doesn’t understand the importance of lying or bending the truth, just that he rarely finds it necessary. This actually tends more towards a general politeness than rudeness though, as he prefers to simply state the world as he sees it and is quick to point out something he feels doesn’t make sense.

He is not a leader and has problems when forced to take initiative. He is trying to work on that, but usually falls into a more following role. While it takes a good amount of convincing to earn his respect and willingness to explicitly follow someone, he often finds himself simply going with the flow of things or people around him.

In conversation, he prefers to listen rather than speak. While he would never call himself introspective, he tends to more often than not carefully consider things in his mind. Consequently, he tends to be very perceptive and well aware of his surroundings. He also usually automatically categorizes things, including people and their relationships, hierarchically in his mind and can be caught unbalanced in a new place until he gains a measure of the flow and order of things. Despite all this conscious consideration, or maybe due to the difficulty of it all, he feels more comfortable doing something than thinking about it.

He is not especially talented, nor especially intelligent, but he makes up for a lack of natural gifts with an iron and unwavering determination that can border on the unhealthy. Everything Federnder is and has now he has worked hard and tirelessly for and as such has a very ingrained opinion on the value of things. Few things annoy him more than people who have never worked for their privileges and, even worse, fail to recognize this. Conversely, he has a soft spot for those struggling, or those who have struggled, to obtain something.

All of this tends to make Federnder come across as stoic, humorless, and emotionless and this is not exactly far from the truth. He is not a talkative man, he doesn’t laugh easily, and rarely outwardly displays overt emotion, but he not without his moments. He just does not find wearing his heart on his sleeve to be a terribly great way to go through life. And most things aren’t all that funny anyway.

Despite his outward appearance of certainty, he is presently conflicted about his future and which way he wants to take it. At his core he is trying to determine exactly what he wants out of the world and who exactly that makes him.

“Don’t judge too quickly, don’t judge too harshly, don’t judge too leniently, don’t judge unknowingly, and most importantly, don't judge.”

Pokemon
Leutante – Bisharp – Female
Panzer – Galvantula – Female

“Responsibility and friendship go hand in hand. One cannot try to have one without the other.”

Pokemon Personalities:

Leutante was Federnder’s first pokemon, gained rather late in his life compared to how early most seem to. They met during that murky time after he left the orphanage. Previously, Federnder had no real interest in pokemon related matters, nor does he currently seem too actually, but he still trains Leutante with his usual determination. She, perhaps in coming from the same place where Federnder’s personality came from, shares many traits with him. Including a lack of talkiness or emotional cues. Unlike Federnder, though, she displays more casual sympathy and concern than her trainer. In battle she is efficient in her movements and carefully considers her actions before striking.

Panzer is wildly different from either her trainer or teammate. Met while Federnder was wandering around after leaving his “school,” she is loud and extroverted where they are introverted. Boisterous and oblivious where they are cautious and perceptive. Much to her trainer’s dismay, she has a tendency to drag him into trouble. Her tactics in battle seems to be to wildly attack and leave no room for the opponent to counter. Despite their differences, or, as is always more likely in these narrative situations, because of them, she gets along well with Leutante and Federnder.

“Something pithy and deep should probably go here. But all that needs to be said is that they are my trusted comrades.”

Theme Song:

All These Things That I’ve Done
– The Killers

“Music? Expresses emotion through words and rhythm. Has a wide variety of genres, all eager to disparage the others as not real music. Sounds nice. Is there anything else to it?”

Other:

~ Has an odd fondness for Swing and Jazz music. Wants to find a trumpet and learn to play it. Also, drums.~
~ Likes to dance. He’s not entirely sure if he’s doing it well or not, though. ~
~ Tinkers with radios. Fascinated by the Number Stations. (Example) ~
~ Is not, in fact, German. Probably. ~

House: Quies

“You are what you are. Or whatever.”

Also, the links to the character profiles on the front page are now broken, due to the change in the name of the thread. If you just change the thread title in the link address to the current thread title.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I've edited it so the links should be working now.

Anyways, you're accepted, so head to House Quies.

A PM containing your house details shall be sent momentarily, and you are now free to go post in the start-up.

And here's another teacher profile, ladies and gents.

John Ji Sung
“I hope you’re paying attention. This will probably never happen again.”

Name: John Ji Sung

“Our names come represent who we are to the world.”

“As you grow you begin to find that there are very few differences between those called men and those called women. Except for the obvious physical ones, of course."

Position: Teacher - Pokemon Breeding and Habits
Head of Nitor House

“It is the duty of the older generation to impart their knowledge to the younger so that they may continue on where we end.”

“Don’t be so surprised. Did you think people stopped existing after they stop being young?”

Sexuality: Heterosexual

“If you wish to know about that let me tell you that while it has been many years, I do in fact remember all about how everything works.”

Appearance:

John looks every bit the old man he is. Balding, with whatever hair is left a grayish white, and wrinkle faced, there is still an almost omnipresent smile on his face regardless. Korean in origin, though he comes from Sinnoh by birth, his age has led him to wear eyeglasses with string to keep them around his neck should they fall.

Fitting in with this look are his clothes. He wears an old white robe trimmed in black over beige colored dobok with a blue sash over everything tied around his waist. On his feet are simple sandals woven out of straw. This outfit tends to make him stand out amount the more traditional teaching jobs.

Don’t be fooled by the doddering old man look, though. Concealed beneath his robes is a body hardened by years of work and he is effortlessly able to keep up with people a fraction of his age. Which sometimes makes them wonder about the old, wood carved cane he always carries around. John doesn’t actually need it; he just thinks canes are cool.

“Heh, me? I’m just an old man. Nothing to see here.”

History:

As one might imagine given his age, John has quite a bit of history, stretching from his obtaining his starter at the age of ten to his tenure at the Praestantia Academy. While going into all of it would take up too much of our time, a simple overview will do.

At a young age, John didn’t really care much for the more confrontational aspects of the Pokemon world, much more preferring to simply travel with his companions around Sinnoh and eventually the rest of the world. It was the order of the natural world that fascinated him the most and eventually decided to focus on how Pokemon behavior fit together and on the various aspects of Pokemon breeding.

His knowledge for awhile was more hands on and gained through situational circumstances than strict, scholarly lessons, which perhaps led to his current teaching methods. But eventually he did spend some time at the more established schools to at least get the proper credentials so that he could go about his business without getting turned aside. While John is not a ground breaking member of his field, he is a consistently excellent member in his profession which led to his eventual position at the Academy.

Over the years he eventually married and had three kids (two daughters and a son). His wife passed away nearly a decade ago and he still keeps in contact with his children and their children, though he is mostly by himself at this point in his life aside from his Pokemon companions.

“You should learn to ebb and flow with history: know when to go with the current to avoid being worn away and know when to stand against it to avoid being swept away.”

Personality:

John is a jovial man and an understanding teacher. He can be perceived as soft both on his students and in the head. He tends to give a bit more leeway to the students, remembering all the well the travails of youth. But make no mistake: if someone steps too far out of line, he can bring his full wraith down upon them. All while continuing to look like a smiling old man.

John has never exactly been one for rigid structure and his classes tend to reflect this. He much more prefers to let his lessons flow and be tied to the students themselves than a simple “learn this, that, and this” curriculum.

Mostly a quiet man, John tends to keep most of his thoughts hidden away behind his unassuming face. Not that he’s exactly a private man. Quick to make a joke or laugh at one, he’s very open with other people, always willing to discuss things with them. Especially in his current position as a teacher, he frequently finds himself amused by the students he teaches and their typical traits of youth.

He prefers to avoid conflict, often letting other people dictate the flow of the conversation as her merrily follows it along. John is quite happy to let other people pontificate their views and opinions while offering no dissenting voice, letting people spin out their whole philosophies if need be. He never really feels the need to argue, finding it a largely futile exercise.

In his free time, he is usually outside with his Pokemon, perhaps walking around, reminiscing about his journeys or reclining under a tree. While he sometimes takes a book with him for this, often he just sits there, staring at the sky or closing his eyes to think deeply about deep thoughts. Given his current age, this has led to some amusing misunderstandings with the Academy workforce.

“You’ll never have as much time as you want. But patience in the face of this can lead you to making the best of what you have.”

Pokemon:

A’Tuin – Torterra (M)
Longmen – Gyarados (M)
Taiji - Absol (F)
Dolomite - Gigalith (F)
Tengan - Golurk (NA)
Polaris - Teddiursa (F)

“Over the years, I’ve managed to make, among other things, a number of friends.”

Pokemon Personalities:

A’Tuin
John’s first and oldest pokemon, A’Tuin is a rather massive Torterra, dwarfing most of his kind. Over the years, his personality has mirrored his trainer closely, and he is as jovial and passive as John. He still enjoys the occasional bit of activity, though he spends a lot of his time simply lounging around now. Still, if he can get going, he can be quite the powerhouse.

Longmen
Another one of John’s older companions, it is a testament to both the trainer’s and the pokemon’s strength of mind that Longmen is nowhere near the raging monster that most of his kind is characterized as. Indeed, he often seems calmer even than John, spending a lot his time silently meditating. He is the fastest of John’s pokemon, parleying his peace of mind into lightning quick reflexes and strikes.

Taiji
Not quite as old as A’Tuin and Longmen, Taiji is still no novice to the team. She is balanced between the former’s strength and the latter’s speed. Taiji can be a difficult pokemon to get along with sometimes, and is quite headstrong and opinionated. But for all of this, rather than balanced like John and his older pokemon seem to be, she can come across as wavering, unsure of exactly what her views are. When Taiji does figure it out though, she can be the one of most practical of the group.

Dolomite
Newer still to the team, Dolomite is nevertheless rather old, having her own long life before joining up with John. Always quite, she gives off an air of self confidence and self assuredness that can intimidate some individuals. Much like A’Tuin, she is slow but hits like… well, a brick. She displays an economy of movement that allows her to make up for her poor speed by predicting how others will act and making the smallest possible movements to respond.

Tengan
Tengan is actually one of John’s wife’s old pokemon, who he takes care of personally while the rest went to their children. It can come across as a little robotic, displaying a certain kind of cold efficiency in combat. But get it going in battle and it can almost literally catch on fire. Hot blooded, it can sometimes lose sight of the larger battle, though its ability to improvise has largely managed to counteract this.

Polaris
The youngest member of the team, Polaris is still largely a child. She doesn’t know exactly who she is yet or what she wants to do, but is rarely weighed down by this considerations. She enjoys playing around with the other pokemon, who mostly put up with it or try to teach her something. Not much of a battler yet, John keeps her to training or for necessary examples to students.

“It is our differences as much as our similarities that define us.”

Theme Song:

The Heart of Life – John Mayer

“Music is much like the soul of its time: emotional, worried about its own issues, and rarely understanding of previous or subsequent generations”

Other:
~ Much like his appearance section says, pretty spry. Don’t try to do anything to him or you may end up flat on your back. ~
~ For reasons unstated, very good with a lock pick. ~
~ Does some of the gardening around the Academy grounds. ~
~ Plays soccer/football. ~

"Listen, this is very important: what kind of cheese would you like?"

Corruption has already checked it out through PM, so everything there is good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom