• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Project Mew

Since we've seen Zapdos already and now have Moltres on the way, I wonder how we're gonna be seeing Articuno later on?

I also noticed going through it again that there's a few close-up frames at the beginning of what looks like a Blastoise stomping (it's blue, has three claws, lines on the tummy). It's probably safe to assume that's Gary's Blastoise. He has his Electivire with him again too.

I really need to reiterate how happy I am to see him back in action again after over 11 years... we all knew it was happening from the opening, but seeing it really happening I honestly thought this day would never come. Go Gary!!! :bulbaLove:

Also also, I know Bulbapedia has listed it living at Oaks, but this is actually the first confirmation Charizard didn’t go back to the valley after Best Wishes!

Actually, we don't know that. Its current residence is Oaks, but it has wings, so it can go to the Valley whenever it wants (Which explains his absence in the Alola episode when we visited Kanto).

A thought that I just had but I wonder if Infernape getting the attention here has anything to do with BDSP/Legends advertising considering that it’s one of the Sinnoh starters and the one with the most narrative significance among Ash’s Sinnoh starters.

Gotta admit I feel sorry for the Team Rocket fans today. Just one quick scene in the trailer and it most likely isn't from the mini-arc meaning they'll continue being their garbage lifeless selves (as in how they're being portrayed in Journeys) as per usual.

Last edited:
Here's some official art of those two new characters, Tsurugi and Asahi:
3682a30115dc717e73741002694d31324f2cf4f2.jpg
Their designs kinda remind me of Lunick and Solana from Ranger.

Here's some official art of those two new characters, Tsurugi and Asahi:
3682a30115dc717e73741002694d31324f2cf4f2.jpg
Their designs kinda remind me of Lunick and Solana from Ranger.
Oh, yes. Palette-swap.
It's sad that we're never going to see Kazuki in the anime. This is still bugging me.

Gotta admit I feel sorry for the Team Rocket fans today. Just one quick scene in the trailer and it most likely isn't from the mini-arc meaning they'll continue being their garbage lifeless selves (as in how they're being portrayed in Journeys) as per usual.
Since the Eevee debut, Team Rocket has mostly been portrayed decently, that being said, I was sad we only got a glimpse of them.

Ash retires as a Pokémon Trainer and becomes a police cop. Pikachu learns a new move.
I swear, if they're replacing Electro Web... :cautious:

Anyway...

The first thing we're shown is what looks like an RV in the woods-probably related to the Project Mew and travelling thing. Then we see Ash looking nervous in what looks to be-judging by the background-the Opelucid Gym; Iris must be giving him trouble. Then we see Goh looking up in surprise-there looks to be an odd amount of emphasis on that, so he probably was thinking something emotional to himself. Strangely, after that we see what looks to be Pikachu standing there with electricity coursing through his body, clenching his paws-though it switches scenes before we can see Pikachu's face, weirdly enough(we don't even see his mouth?). We then see an icy terrain, probably a reference to the Crown Tundra, followed by a Pokeball in the snow freezing over(I think this implies that whatever pokemon was inside was going to break free-otherwise that animation wouldn't make much sense). Ash and Goh look behind them in surprise-in the sunset, in what looks to be the same place Cinderace evolved for some reason??? I swear, it's literally the exact same place-could this have a connection to Drizzlie, perhaps? After that, we see what I think is a Nidoking's feet slipping on a cliff, and now I'm having kangaskhan flashbacks-that was fun, right Pikachu? After that, Moltres is shown flying over Ash, Goh, and Gary, with Pikachu, Infernape, Cinderace, and Electivire all looking in surprise with them. Weirdly enough, after that we see a group of four flabebe of different colors floating over a flower field that looks like something you'd get if my little sis got her hands on the animation team. We then see this...weird looking...vortex...thingy, or what looks to be most likely a combination of two moves. That is then followed by ANOTHER vortex(Dialga might make an appearance)which is spinning outwards this time, unlike looking like a tornado like the other one-and looks to be made of sand or something. Iris and Ash's Dragonite clash each other with Dragon Claw and I think Mach Punch(?) respectively. The first part of the rapid-fair image preview of the trailer ends with Ash and Goh looking thoughtfully surprised in the Cerise laboratory(nothing special, probably just the Professor telling them about Mew...).
We get a few seconds of things we've already seen from the opening in literally every single episode, talking about Ash and Goh's goal, so I'll skip that, to spare you the pain. After we see Ash and Pikachu bumping fists with one another; aw, how cute, Journeys finally figured out how Ash and Pikachu's relationship works...somewhat, I'm not getting my hopes high. Grookey is shown on Goh's head with Flabebe pulling on his hair. Hooray Grookey, and a second reference to the Flabebe episode...what's so important about it? Maybe it has something to do with a future plotpoint? Hm...again, wouldn't get my hopes up...Ash and Goh are seen looking on at Professor Oak's lab from outside and from a distance-Ash looking thoughtful, while Goh looks excited. Professor Oak is seen waving from the very same place Pikachu and Ash played ping-pong in EP001. We then see four images on a compute screen of blurred shots of Mew, the top one on the left being the most blurry, though, if you look closely, you can see Mew(I looked, just had to squint). We then get a mysterious blue-haired woman standing cool-like at the doorway of what I think is the Cersie Laboratories-judging by the color pallet, at least, and judging by her attire, I feel she might be a Pokemon Ranger. Professor Oak talks to Ash and Goh and I have no clue why that shot was included, it just was, before we transition to a drone-shaped ship flying overhead in the snow. Maybe the Professor was talking about drones...
The drone-plane's docking bay or whatever lowers dramatically, and Ash and Goh do NOT look ready for the snow. ...but a second later, they're magically in these snow outfits! They're seen walking in this icy trench, looking very curious, and judging by the still-like shot, that was probably a part of a montage in the actual future episode(whenever that'll be). Gary walks by Ash and Goh, gives Goh the side-eye for some reason, before smirking and facing the camera. Regigigas is shown encased in ice before smashing its way out of it...ooh conflict! The Regigigas dramatically walks forward, and out of nowhere, most likely attacks Ash and Goh with Ice Beam, causing them to fall backwards and for some reason, the two pokemon that should be on their shoulders are gone...(wait, never-mind, we see Pikachu last second)...ooh, more conflict! Some red-haired dude throws a Poke-ball, releasing his-I think that's...correct me if I'm wrong-Kubfu, and basically saves Ash and Goh's sorry butts by smashing his fist into Regigigas....too bad we can't see it because it is CeNsOrEd, yEaH~! (Joking, lol)
We see the same red-haired guy leaning against some snow, a lamp providing light in what is either a cavern or its night, talking to Ash and Goh with a serious look on his face. Also, this guy looks like Rinto-did they reuse the character design template? I swear, are they long-lost brothers or something? Ash and Goh dramatically blink in surprise, their pokemon showing zero emotion whatsoever. Oh wait, there's a closeup on Grookey's face-that must be important-though, it looks like Grookey's being seen from below, oddly enough, so that could be a different scene...? Does Goh get knocked out or something? Will they show that in pokemon??? The weird drone-ship is shown overhead, flying over some snowy mountains. We see Ash, Goh, their pokemon, and Flabebe is on Goh's head this time looking surprised at something below them(maybe the white flower for Flabebe? In all the shots it doesn't have a flower for some reason...maybe the episode is about them trying to find a flower for Flabebe...). An orange Florges is seen playing with a tiny Flabebe outside a greenhouse in some rando's garden. Ash's Dragonite completely CLOMPS Iris in her BW 2 game outfit...and more stock footage in the background, ieyei...
We get a Mystery Dungeon: Journeys Version with Eevee wearing a pink scarf around her neck and looking determined. Chloe is then shown snuggling Eevee happily(maybe Eevee gets lost...oh no...). We then randomly transition to Moltres using-I don't know what move that is but that looks so freaking AWESOME...Ash, Goh, and Grookey(Pikachu's not on Ash's shoulder for some reason) are all seen looking shocked at Moltres' appearance and basically getting ready to fight them, except Gary who was smirking, because Gary is an a-hole. Ash is smiling as he orders an angry-looking Infernape to attack Moltres, who is currently attacking them with Flamethrower(this is not the time to smile, Ash, dammit). Infernape meets that with Mach Punch, which Moltres dodges, before we very un-smoothly transition to a Rotom drone flying overhead and an Ash vs Iris split-screen, only without the vs because split screens are awesome. Iris's Dragonite attacks Dracovish, who attacks back with what I think is Ice Fang, and considering how we saw Ash's Dragonite face Iris's, I get the feeling that Dracovish loses, considering how much battle experience both Ash and Iris's Dragonite has.
Ash dramatically jumps backwards! Transition to Ash and Goh(snow outfits, like in the previous shot) struggling against a snowstorm and the wind, before Goh reaches out and tries to grab Ash's hand, who is currently holding Pikachu in his arms like a sack of potatoes, before we randomly cut to Ash in Professor Oak's lab with his pokemon! We see Bulbasaur being hugged by Ash and Pikachu before the camera pans out to show Snorlax standing like a shy schoolgirl, Kroookodile, Pignite, Corphish, Quilava, Hawlucha, Oshawott, Totodile being Totodile, Buizel, Donphan looking ridiculously short for some reason, Heracross, Bayleef, Noivern, Talonflame, and Charizard but with neck problems.
Back to the snow outfits! Goh dramatically nods to Cinderace, who is smiling in yet another split-panel. Ash looks to Pikachu and without saying anything, Pikachu immediately jumps off of Ash's shoulder and leaps into the air, most likely to fight with Cinderace against...whatever(wow, wow, wow, the writers are genuinely figuring Ash and Pikachu out...I think I need to wait, though, before anything else happens, since those were only two moments). Ash the police officer is smiling like an idiot with his fist in the air as Pikachu uses Thunderbolt, looking oddly in pain, but okay, and if you look really closely, after Pikachu builds up charge, he throws his head upwards, throwing the Thunderbolt upwards as well...indoors...??? Wtf Ash??? Pikachu??? :confused: (That being said, that is a weird amount of emphasis on Pikachu's thunderbolt...this is the second time this has happened in this trailer...)
Back to the Mystery Dungeon crew, which looks to be composed of Eevee and Grookey, both wearing scarves and walking down the street(hey, at least they aren't jaywalking). Grookey is shown carrying a stick over his shoulder with a bag of stuff in said stick...looking like he's a runaway, before stumbling and falling in the forest floor, or wherever he is(Cerise labs?). Team Rocket uses Turn Right and Goofy Face! The combination move is super effective! Mystery Dungeon team plus Geodude uses Freaked Out faces! It's not very effective...Iris's Dragonite dramatically twists around and causes a sandy twister to appear around hi-oh. Oh. OH. I KNEW THE VORTEX WAS IMPORTANT. Ash just smiles at the twister because :wynaut: and Goh is shown throwing a Poke ball at what looks to be a riverbank or some rocky terrain. Ash and Goh are seen running towards some gates before transitioning back to the snowy mountains. Goh is seen with his eyes widening(weirdly enough, the sky turned dark, grey, and...storm-clouds?) and thus concludes the trailer.

Here's what I've observed from the detailed summary I gave above. All the scenes related to the Crown Tundra appear to be connected, meaning that they most likely all happened within the same episode-the travelling montage implications, the Regigigas, that new dude and his Kubfu, the snowstorm implications, and that shot of the new guy talking in some dark area-which I assume to be shelter, judging by the relevance of that gas lamp. There's also odd emphasis on the Flabebe episode, which, by my assumptions is likely about them trying to FIND Flabebe's white flower...they probably visit some greenhouse that specializes in the Florges line or something to find it, explaining the lighting choices, why Flabebe is rarely seen floating and always on Goh's head, and the Florges and Greenhouse in one. The only thing that I feel that could be a two-parter or at least, connected, is the Infernape thing...but we barely get shots from that, so we just have to wait and see, especially considering that it would be far too rushed to go the Pallet, introduce Ash's pokemon, have Ash find out about Infernape being gone, meeting that girl, meeting Gary, and then ending up finding Infernape and fighting Moltres for some reason in some weird place...all in one episode. So, yeah, that's definitely going to be a two-parter. There's the Iris episode, and from the looks of it, Iris has some new tricks up her sleeve, Dracovish probably loses its first battle, judging by the matchups, Dracovish apparently knows Ice Fang, Ash is actually having trouble, and we still don't know who Iris's second pokemon is...my money's on Axew's evolution. There's weird emphasis on Pikachu's thunderbolt twice in the trailer and Ash is wearing a police outfit for some reason...and looks to be underground...??? So, why is Pikachu directing his Thunderbolt towards the CEILING??? :confused: The worst part of this trailer is that obvious filler episode of what looks to be consisting of a Team Rocket plot and...Eevee and Grookey getting lost or something. It really gives me this really ominous feeling, since its an episode on Chloe's Eevee...and its a filler most likely about getting lost and...nothing else would happen. And...that's it.

Hopefully the actual episodes and premises are different from what I've deduced, so fingers crossed!

Interestingly enough, we can see Ice around Irisnite, so does that mean knows or learns Blizzard (Which it can't in the games, so its prolly Ice Fang then), unless Irisnite has learned/knows Blizzard and Dracovish and Ash have improvised to sent it back to it.

I know I shouldn't get to hyped for preview just for the chance of Ash using his reserves, but I just can't help it. I've been following this series since I was little so seeing some old Pokemon get some spotlight has me grinning like a fool. And seeing that he's using Infernape against Moltres, its a good sign. On the other hand...please, for the love of god anime writers, don't have him JUST stick with evolved Pokemon. Corphish, Buizel, SNivy, Totodile..they all need some love too.

Oh. I forgot. Wuraosu debuts.
Gone are the possibilities of having Dakuma joining the main cast.

Called that it'll never happen.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom