• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Question on the current Team Rocket motto..

The Realist™

Straight x Edge
Reaction score
Does anyone notice that Jesse will say whatever the main characters/pokemon said last and put it into their motto? Also, does anyone know the full motto text? Thanks.

The differing beginnings is directly from the original. Since the start of the show, the motto has been like that in Japan. In English, "Prepare for trouble" was standard. When the motto changed, it was appearantly deicded to stick with the Japanese way of the motto.

Also, it changes a lot more than the original dub motto ever did. From what I remember:

Jessie: *something something*
James: *something something*
Jessie: An evil as old as the galaxy!
James: Sent here to fulfill our destiny!
Meowth: Don't forget me! (this changes a lot)
Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love.
James: To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie: Jessie
James: James
Meowth: And Meowth are the names! (also changes a lot)
Jessie: Where's there's peace in the universe-
James: -Team Rocket-
Meowth: -will be there-
All: To make everything worse!
Wobbuffet: Wooooobbuffet!
Mime Jr.: Mime... Mime!

The differing beginnings is directly from the original. Since the start of the show, the motto has been like that in Japan. In English, "Prepare for trouble" was standard. When the motto changed, it was appearantly deicded to stick with the Japanese way of the motto.

Also, it changes a lot more than the original dub motto ever did. From what I remember:

Jessie: *something something*
James: *something something*
Jessie: An evil as old as the galaxy!
James: Sent here to fulfill our destiny!
Meowth: Don't forget me! (this changes a lot)
Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love.
James: To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie: Jessie
James: James
Meowth: And Meowth are the names! (also changes a lot)
Jessie: Where's there's peace in the universe-
James: -Team Rocket-
Meowth: -will be there-
All: To make everything worse!
Wobbuffet: Wooooobbuffet!
Mime Jr.: Mime... Mime!

Yeah, I mean the D/P one. I saw the words to the D/P motto, and it's nothing differing, but I've noticed Jesse will quote someone or a pokemon when she starts it off, for example:

Ashi: Naetoru!

Jessie: Naetoru Korrikku(or whatever she says.)

Another example is in the Pochama Episode where it mastered the Bubble contest move.

Jesse: Pocha, Pocha, Pocha Korrikku!

Yeah, I mean the D/P one. I saw the words to the D/P motto, and it's nothing differing, but I've noticed Jesse will quote someone or a pokemon when she starts it off, for example:

Ashi: Naetoru!

Jessie: Naetoru Korrikku(or whatever she says.)

Another example is in the Pochama Episode where it mastered the Bubble contest move.

Jesse: Pocha, Pocha, Pocha Korrikku!

In the original motto, the first line was nandakanda to kikaretara, meaning "If we are asked something". In some episodes, "something" was replaced by whatever question was actually asked (usually something along the lines of "who are you?" or "what's going on?").

In the BF motto, this became nandakanda to koe ga suru, "A voice is saying something", with "something" often replaced by whatever was said, regardless of whether it was a question.

In DP, it's nandakanda no koe wo kiki, "We hear a voice saying something". As in BF, this is often replaced with whatever was just said.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=5811&page=394

The fifth post is the (rough) translation I did of the new D/P motto over in the TR Club. Jess usually replaces the "this and that" (nanda kanda) part with whatever the former person said.
For example, if the Pochama said "pocha, pocha", she'd probably respond with, "We hear the voice of 'pocha, pocha'".

And they are making it a habit of switching up the small words in the middle (like "the wind", "the universe", etc), so I think that's the motto from ep 4. But not all of them are the same.

How weird. I was just reading your translation yesterday for fun. xD

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom