• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: Annual Meeting of NPCs From Cursed, Barely Functional Video Games

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
I've learned to temper my expectations when it comes to how Game Freak represents various concepts and ideas back when the Klink family debuted.
Coalossal is still a great pun, and it still has the concept of steam power, which, let's be honest, was long overdue.
Carkol and Coalossal do the Rock/Fire (or Fire/Rock) typing so much better than Magcargo does, and the only thing that's a shame is that Steam Engine doesn't reduce damage from or make the Pokemon immune to moves of the Fire and Water types.

@MegaPod
Are you happy to hear Snom fit into the overall Top 30?
It was good news, yes. And I’m glad that Chandelure made the lead Unova vote, too.

I've learned to temper my expectations when it comes to how Game Freak represents various concepts and ideas back when the Klink family debuted.
Coalossal is still a great pun, and it still has the concept of steam power, which, let's be honest, was long overdue.
Carkol and Coalossal do the Rock/Fire (or Fire/Rock) typing so much better than Magcargo does, and the only thing that's a shame is that Steam Engine doesn't reduce damage from or make the Pokemon immune to moves of the Fire and Water types.

The no damage reduction from Steam Engine is indeed too bad. But while Rolycoly is wheelie cute, Coalossal not being a train still just feels like taking a roundhouse to the gut! It’ll always be a Coalossal disappointment in my eyes, and a fuelish decision by the designers.

I don't disagree, but it was a decent first effort.
That said, trains were one use for the steam engine, and one path they could have gone.
Steam engines were also used for many other things, and are part of the whole "steam punk" genre, which seems to have been the direction they tilted in. Execution still wasn't great, but, again, I take what I can get.

What the... a ghost :eek:?
tumblr_nrrwicNH1n1qaq3xio1_500.png

Source: https://66.media.tumblr.com/b05a5bd104aea5a31a78b884cf0a9109/tumblr_nrrwicNH1n1qaq3xio1_500.png

Back
Top Bottom