• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Random Messages 16: Annual Meeting of NPCs From Cursed, Barely Functional Video Games

What is your favorite curse?

• Total voters
you could slaughter your tropius and eat its meat.
A. Not where I thought that post was going.
B. You could do this with many, many Pokémon.
C. Some, if not all, mediums imply that Pokémon are very much sapient, so that would probably be unethical.

Pokemon centres.
The towns are probably actually a bit more spread out than the games portray them as, so I doubt it would be possible to always be at Pokémon Center when he wants to eat (it's probably possible to be at one often enough to only eat there without starving to death, but he'd be pretty damn hungry most of the time, and waiting that long between eating probably isn't a good idea).

The towns are probably actually a bit more spread out than the games portray them as, so I doubt it would be possible to always be at Pokémon Center when he wants to eat (it's probably possible to be at one often enough to only eat there without starving to death, but he'd be pretty damn hungry most of the time, and waiting that long between eating probably isn't a good idea).
Towns would have restaurants and stuff too, but he’d be able to get the basics from a pokemon centre.

Towns would have restaurants and stuff too, but he’d be able to get the basics from a pokemon centre.
I mainly meant the distance between towns. There's no way it's actually just a few minutes to walk between towns (with some exceptions), so he'd probably have to camp during that, and thus probably learn to cook.

Last edited:
I mainly meant the distance between towns. There's no way it's actually just a few minutes to walk between towns (with some exceptions), so he'd probably have to camp during that, and thus probably learn to cook.
Maybe's he's got a travelling companion that can store an entire kitchen in their backpack.

In all seriousness though, he could probably cook - Especially with the games focus on curry - but if this were the real world and I was making that kind of journey, I'd personally stock up on non-perishable ready to eats at the pokemon centre before heading out.

Maybe's he's got a travelling companion that can store an entire kitchen in their backpack.
You'd probably see that travelling companion during your interactions with him.

but if this were the real world and I was making that kind of journey, I'd personally stock up on non-perishable ready to eats at the pokemon centre before heading out.
Probably what I'd do, too. Though I think a grocery store or something would be a more likely place to stock up on food, while a Pokémon Center would be serving meals while you're there, but not as likely a place to get food to take with (or if it was, a grocery store would still have more options).

Back
Top Bottom