• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Rate the Anime Song above! OP, ED & OST

Sounds absolutely beautiful in pretty much every way, and notably unlike something you’d find in your average anime production. The music serves the sad lyrics well, as do the lovely, gently powerful vocals. Although I will say that it all kind of sounds almost… hopeful (?), I suppose might be the word I’d use, as much as it sounds tragic, albeit in a very, very bittersweet way. Interesting… in any case, a solid 9/10 for that one!

I haven’t actually watched this anime and I have no plans to, but some its of music — as well as that of the surprisingly vast wider series that it belongs to — is quite pleasant. This is its opening theme (of the second game’s TV anime adaptation, in relation to said surprisingly vast wider series):

(Subtitles are elusive for this particular song on YouTube, but they exist for the actual opening itself — that is, with a shortened song to match — here, if anyone’s interested.)

9/10. Can't really say anything else because I don't want to risk spoilers.

Anyway, here's one of Type-Moon's hidden gems.

Oh, the rabbit hole you’ve just sent me down, haha. This opening makes things look very interesting, so I’ll have to check out this anime one day, along with the visual novel that it spawned from (428 Shibuya Scramble, for the curious). As for the song itself, it’s alright. It matches the energy of the visuals well but doesn’t really stand out by itself, I think, either musically or vocally. 6/10.

Main ending theme from Cowboy Bebop (“The Real Folk Blues”):

(Alternate link here.)

7/10 - For some reason, I weirdly disliked this ending when I first watched Cowboy Bebop since I've never been as big of a fan as other people of this show, but it's grow on me over the years.

New one from this season, this opening is like way too good.

Full version for those who want it:

This is pretty much as 90s as it gets for anime openings, haha. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! On the contrary, I think that this is the only real era of music — anime or otherwise — where real instruments and synth mix together really well (and where random solos tend to lean more towards awesome rather than obnoxious, haha). Meanwhile, I have no idea what the lyrics are saying since I didn’t bother looking up a translation, but given the title — which, of course, has to be in English along with a good amount of the lyrics themselves; that’s a timeless requirement for anime music, apparently — I’m suspecting your standard “go for it; adventure!” kind of fare. Megumi Hayashibara’s vocals make it all sound so exciting, though, regardless! Overall, a solid 8/10 for that one.

Speaking of thoroughly and obviously 90s stuff, here’s probably the single most well-known track from the old 90s Sonic OVA; the original Sonic movie, you could say. I may have posted this before (although this is the original production version, which wasn’t available to anyone until relatively recently), so please forgive me if this is familiar:

8.5/10 I'm frankly surprised at how good they were at making it sound "video-gamey". If you'd tell me it was from one of the Sonic Adventure games, I would believe you.

7.5/10 - Liked it better than I thought I would.

The song is sung by Mitsuru Matsuoka, who played Kamen Rider Eternal in Kamen Rider W's solo film and later came back to be the main singer for Kamen Rider Drive. and produced by Koji Kikkawa, a flashback character who became Kamen Rider Skull. Both did not reprise their roles for Fuuto PI since they don't appear in episodes adapted and only appear in flashbacks.

Full song for those interested:
Click CC for English subtitles if they don't show up automatically.

6.5/10 The instrumental is great, the animation for the dance sequences is sumptuous, and I love me some jazz...but the singers' voices are mediocre at best and don't seem to put enough weight into the song. I feel like they should have hired people with louder, more powerful voices to sing this.

Is that water… supposed to be blood!? Ahaha… (kind of joking, kind of not there.)

Anyway, I think that this song is elevated a lot by its vocals, which are simultaneously light yet also quite powerful. The visuals also help a lot, I think, along with the ominous-sounding lyrics that make you wonder exactly what kind of madness is going in this series, haha. The music itself is otherwise a pretty if somewhat uninteresting by itself, but in its role as an ending theme, everything is more than the sum of its parts, and beautifully so. Overall, I’ll lean towards an 8/10 with this one.

From a certain important episode of Futari wa Pretty Cure:

9/10-While I've been iffy getting into Precure (since looking into it to watch it besides just the original, it seems to go in the exact opposite of what it wanted to do (I swear they get frillier every succeeding season), I do like this do the classic feel and old school Super Sentai and Kamen Rider feel. Hearing a Red Ranger call a Precure Sempai will forever be the greatest thing.

Anime: Otaku Elf

The ED movie is simultaneously kind of weird with the live-action stuff yet also kind of kawaii because, well… look at the title and the character that it refers to, haha. I’d argue that the visuals are perhaps a tad too static at times even for an ED, but otherwise, it’s the kind of concept that’s just crazy enough to work, I think! As for the music itself, its laid-back acoustic approach to things fits pretty well with the visuals and as a cap-off to what appears to be a pretty laid-back anime, as do the vocals; both are unassuming yet still command enough of a presence. Overall, 7/10.

First ending theme for Cardcaptor Sakura below:

9/10. Really good, both the melodic guitar and the rapturous singing. Thinking about it, I haven't seen the Jirachi movie since it came out and this is making me want to go back and check it out... :unsure:

----
"Violence" the ED to episode 11 of "Chainsaw Man" (because each episode of CSM had a completely different ED for no reason other than being awesome).

As an aside, I just wanna say I really love how Mappa placed the Violence Fiend in-between Kobeni and Himeno. They knew exactly what they were implying by doing that, in addition to not having him in the cinema group shot during the OP. I love that sort of attention to detail Easter Eggs. :bulbaLove:

8/10, sounds pretty good & catchy.

Back
Top Bottom