• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rate the video game music above

8.5/10 I did a little bit of research of the location for the track, and now I understand a bit why the music is kinda grand for a starting area. The slight tonal changes does give off a vibe of multiple civilizations having been there long before (with the images showing the differing architectures even); but also seeing what looks to be wyverns flying along the cliffside in the last image, I can kinda see why the theme also has a feeling of "danger" to it as well.

9/10 I really like it. Sounds like a song coming out from a Ragnarok Online\Persona hybrid.

Back to retro:

7/10 Reminds me of Sector 5's theme in FF7 Remake lol

Following that classic SNES Mickey Mouse game's bgm I posted before, here's another one, this time from its predecessor:

8.5/10 just from the title it already sounds a bit loaded (in a good way), the theme doesn't disappoint either as it does sound like something you'd hear against a dragon (especially if it's a boss type fight). My favorite part of the track is from 1:12 on as the music gets higher and a bit faster, and the occasional soft chorus in the background certainly adds to it imo.

5/10

For starters, I was never particularly big on the slower-paced songs that tend to play outside of combat. Secondly, call me old-fashioned, but I personally think Final Fantasy's music hasn't exactly been the best since Nobuo Uematsu left to do his own thing. However, the Square Enix music team is still able to make their own decent overworld tracks, even if it's not quite the series's prime anymore.

7/10 I just started this game earlier so I haven't heard this one yet, but it's certainly a nice contrast compared to it's gameplay. It's a nice breather type track and the vocals are just as nice, though I'm not too enraptured by it just yet, maybe whenever I get to this track in the game I'll probably like it more.

While I'm thinking about it, my favorite vocal track in a Supergiant game:

9.5/10

Though the vocals could've used a bit more work in my opinion, it's otherwise a very good song. I haven't expected much out of Supergiant, and I experience frequent reminders that such thinking is a mistake.

(I know I previously said I FF's music wasn't the same since Nobuo Uematsu left, but I love this one too much to not post it.)

Back
Top Bottom