• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ROCKET stands for...

Auron Sigerthel

Reaction score
Maybe you will think that I am high or something, but I am not!

Well, some days ago, in Bulbapedia, I saw that in the Manga, ROCKET stands for Raid On City...I don't remember what did KET stand por u_u

And...That info is no longer available in Bulbapedia, I guess...

Anybody help?

Raid On City Knock out Evil Tusks.

Giovanni must have been on crack and reading Through the Looking Glass when he came up with that one.

is it based off of an English phrase in the Japanese version, or is this only the Singapore translation? A raw scan would be appreciated.

No. VIZ Translated that.

What does the Tusk part mean anyway?

is it based off of an English phrase in the Japanese version, or is this only the Singapore translation? A raw scan would be appreciated.

It was also in Japanese version. I've seen it somewhere but I don't have scan.

Blob Thingy said:
What does the Tusk part mean anyway?

It means they want to knock-out an evil Tusk.

I believe that "Tusks" refers to the Team Rocket members themselves, as Giovanni calls them "teeth of evil" a bit before he says that.

...No, I don't get it either.

Perhaps he drinks heavily, as was implied in Ono's series.

...which is funny, since he's been *shown* to drink in the anime, but no one assumes much from it. Maybe because he hasn't been shown stone drunk like he was in Ono's comic.

Perhaps he drinks heavily, as was implied in Ono's series.

...which is funny, since he's been *shown* to drink in the anime, but no one assumes much from it. Maybe because he hasn't been shown stone drunk like he was in Ono's comic.

It makes sense.

Sakaki drank in Pikachu series, that's why became so... happy in first Movie Adaptation.

I've seen the text myself. That doesn't exclude the possibility that the wrong word was written.

Sounds kinda like that goofy longhand name that Shocker got in Kamen Rider- The First:
Sacred Hegemony Of Cycle Kindred Evolutional Realm.

When was this manga issue printed?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom