• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
To people saying that the Cubone is fake:

There's apparently different colored backgrounds, green, orange and blue that shows which evolution it'll be. I think that blue is regular and green is Alolan. Not sure about orange though.

To people saying that the Cubone is fake:

There's apparently different colored backgrounds, green, orange and blue that shows which evolution it'll be. I think that blue is regular and green is Alolan. Not sure about orange though.
Orange is the color of the evolved form's background. You can see in the JP Vikavolt trailer that a blue background Charjabug evolves into orange background vikavolt, and in the JP alola marowak trailer, green background cubone (but they don't show the marowak screen)

I would link but im lazy

Orange is the color of the evolved form's background. You can see in the JP Vikavolt trailer that a blue background Charjabug evolves into orange background vikavolt, and in the JP alola marowak trailer, green background cubone (but they don't show the marowak screen)

I would link but im lazy
Thanks. I saw this mentioned in the thread and thought that it could mean something. Nice to have some clarity.

Gotta love the creative ones. Let's see what we got. Alolan Muk and Persian look like what you'd expect them to. Someone was paying attention to the riddler's hint to Salandit's evolution, so we got Medusa here. Minior's evo based on a planet. Bounsweet's evo. Pikipek's line seem to resemble those to bird things that dip their heads in water. Dolphin pokemon that's a sky dolphin apparently. Komala's evo which is a Hawaiian drummer. Snowman poke. Cutiefly evo look like someone trying to beat Florges for bait material. Gengar's evil cousin. Harpoon hermit crab thing. Knight Wimpod evo. Terrifying crab thing. Vision is definitely based off Faba, look at the eyes. Alolan Seadra is what makes me doubt this list since that would mean we have an Alolan Kingdra, but that is a Gen 2 pokemon. And Marshadow who I can see is based off the Ouroboros and is a scorpion. Though I highly doubt he'll be revealed tomorrow. So nice ideas he came up with.

"Terrifying crab thing" made me LOL. I gotta say I agree these are mostly all really nice.

I forgot to give my comments on that 4chan picture dump.

Medusa Salandit Evo: PLEASE TELL ME HE FORGOT TO PUT LEGS ON IT. I hate pokemon that lose legs for no reason. Why. Why would that happen.
Weird Knight thing: It's weird.
Muk: COME AT ME BRO
Persian: Baby kitty why are you sad come get hugs. ):
Pink Fish.. thing: It looks like a derpy clown balloon. KILL IT.
Minior evolution: I actually like this. It looks awesome.
BOunsweet evo?: It looks like an upside down mushroom! I like it!
Pikipek evo line: 8( KILL THEM WITH FIRE!
Komala evo: Diggersby tho
Morelull evo: I LOVE MUSHROOMS!
UB-03: ...Nope. *sets on fire* Nope! NOPE! None of that! That is terrifying!
Alolan Seadra: Looks like someone cut its mouth off. 8| Also please no on regular forms evolving into alolan forms thats just a stupid idea. >_> Though since Seadra's regular evolution is one of those stupid ass trade evolutions... it would make sense for the alolan form to not evolve since trade evolutions are not natural evolutions in teh first place in my opinion. More like evolution due to electronic radiation or something.
Dolphin: Looks like a fantasy lisa frank creation AND I LOVE IT.
Purple and black thing: The evolution looks like its got a stupid beard.
The fossil looking pair: I WANT THE BLACK ONE.
"Beautifly": Please don't be real. There's plenty of pokemon for 'artists' to give realistic breasts and other parts to. Do not feed the fire. Do not.

Also Marshadow is the dark lord of pokemon. Please be as strong as Arceus if you are real. You are the pokegod worth worshipping!

I'm pretty sure the following is fake but I'm gonna post it because I find it fucking hilarious.

CutBP9rUEAARWwQ.jpg

I feel bad for snorting out loud at this.

I kindof like the fake Mantine though. It doesn't get enough love.

guys? This JUST appeared on /VP and it looks legit.....
/vp/ - ポケットモンスター サン&ムーン - Pokémon - 4chan

If that's fake, whoever made it did a great job. The backgrounds, the Refresh layout look pretty convincing. Oh and you can't really do that just by editing textures since regular Cubone's club isn't on fire.

I'm hoping it's real. Cubone looks adorable and I didn't like the idea of a pure Ground-type evolving into a Fire/Ghost-type. Plus the inclusion of a non-Gen Ι Alola form is a good sign.

Obviously fake - Mantine is from Gen II.

=.= slept like garbage due to obsession, and still nothing but when more info will be released. If that's all that gets put up tpday after being promised more two weeks ago I'm going to be a very unhappy camper.

Dunno about Mantine, but if you look closely on this video
We never directly see a Regular Cubone evolve into Alolan Marowak, I think all the videos showing the "evolution" have some weird cut. Maybe it's just a coincidence, or maybe they just want to spoil Alolan Cubone, if it exist. Dunno. Prove me wrong if you find anything showing direct evolution.

Same here, btw.
You get this weird cut of Exeggcute and Cubone that leads us to believe that their regular forms evolve into Alolan ones, but we never see the full process.

Last edited:
Thank goodness someone else has seen the weird cuts they do whenever they show pokemon evolve.

I even saw it when they did the starter's evolutions. It's like the cut to the finished evo at the exact moment when the change happens and its really jarring. Hopefully they really are cutting the evolution video and that's not how its supposed to look because... wow. Even Gen 1's evolution screens were better than that.

Same here! Although rainbow muk...did not see that coming. Also I hate that they coveres bounsweet's third form mouth. It was so much cuter in its 2nd for that reason. Also sad its not grass/fire like many predictions

Rainbow Muk is love. Rainbow muk is life.

*U* So pretty. I squealed when I saw the art. I squealed LOUDER when I saw the colors move on its body.

I wonder if the Dark typing comes from oil getting mixed into it. The colors sort of remind me of looking at puddles in parking lots with a little bit of oil mixed in.

Still, I'm kinda sad that they're revealing TWO whole evolution chains. Leave something to discover, Game Freak. :(

Also Hakamo-o and Kommo-o look so much better in game than on art. Seems to be the case with many of those. :)

Ok so in terms of new reveals at this point. Corocoro already got out so we probably won't see anything tomorrow, but there may or may not be new content shown on the 16, the demo on the 18 (woot!) and new info on the 23 (that seems much to far away for me to handle at the moment) am I missing anymore potential drop dates?

Before @Soki gets here to say it herself, let's keep the discussion related to leaks, lol.

In any case, lemme ask... What does the recent news confirm and what does it deny? Do you have a rough idea right now? Since I haven't been keeping up with the leaks, key things I want to know once you're done compiling the list are these:
  • Alolan Grimer/Muk's existence in leaks, if any
  • Type: Null getting an evolution in Silvally
  • Olivia in particular
  • Bounsweet's evolutionary line
Sorry to put the pressure on you if anything, hehe. I'm just curious to know these things most of all, even though only the fourth point is something that's actually new information that wasn't in CoroCoro.

Back
Top Bottom