• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Except it was said that the Switch can't play physical 3DS and Wii U games.
Well that is another reason to keep Stars on 3DS. Gen 8 can be the first main series on Switch. But please, keep the rest of gen 7 on 3DS. I didn't move on to gen 7 just so that I end with only half because the other half went on Switch.

If you want the game, that's what they want

If you don't want to buy the console, that's not what they want

If you consider buying the console because you want to play the game, that's what they want

Welcome to business advertising, eventually we need to move away from the 3DS in pokemon anyway so its going to happen sooner or later so why you are essentially kicking and screaming about it being "Unfair" I cannot comprehend, did you do this when they went from Gameboy Advance to DS? from DS to 3DS??? if not then why now.

If you consider buying the console because you want to play the game, that's what they want

Welcome to business advertising, eventually we need to move away from the 3DS in pokemon anyway so its going to happen sooner or later so why you are essentially kicking and screaming about it being "Unfair" I cannot comprehend, did you do this when they went from Gameboy Advance to DS? from DS to 3DS??? if not then why now.
I think that he has a problem with splitting Gen 7 up. Those situations are different, because they are from generation to generation. It's not from Gen 5 to Gen 5.5 for example.

I think that he has a problem with splitting Gen 7 up. Those situations are different, because they are from generation to generation. It's not from Gen 5 to Gen 5.5 for example.

It is gen 5 to 5.5 in a way though.

Platinum introduced non backwards compatible mons, so did Oras, they had features not available in gen 4 and 6 respectively-

They were essentially a little ahead generation wise.

Heck, even Black two and White two had the different Kyurem, Genie and Keldeo formes so they had new stuff that were divided gen wise.

Either way, my point still stands- We have the games sun and moon, a new game is coming out on a new console- It was happening eventually.

If it is such a small change of a mid generation game which should have very little changes why care? you should only care if it is a huge difference at which point your main arguement is debunked

I still almost wanna say the Chinese Leak meant in some way that Tapu Fini and Crabominable were the dolphin and snowman. They're not exactly that, but maybe the Chines Leaks were just describing things differently to avoid anything like Game Freak shutting down or suing the leaker.

I think that's most likely, how else would you describe Tapu Fini? It's a woman who can close her shell to look like a Dolphin. Also Crabominable is based on the Abombinable snowman.

Please let Stars be real to mess with people. And when it has been revealed, show a dolphin Pokemon to mess with people again. :p
Part of me is starting to agree with you on this, since this is Game Freak we're dealing with. After all, we call them "Troll Freak" for a reason. :p

However, Game Freak going to have to do a lot more with Stars than they did with any other third version if they want to justify putting on the Switch instead of finishing off Gen 7 on the 3DS. Otherwise, putting Stars on there will turn off the fans who don't see the need to buy a Switch just for some extra content, especially since SM are nowhere near the amount of emptiness and missed opportunities that came with XY. Basically, they need more than just enhanced graphics and move tutors this time around. For example, maybe have the Trial Captains be different, as well as having different kinds of trials when compared to SM. Maybe the existing Captains can be on different islands.

My point, and probably the opinion of many others from what I have witnessed, is that there needs to be a good reason to justify putting Pokémon Stars on the Switch besides just netting the Switch more sales. Otherwise Game Freak and Nintendo lose more sales on the game. You can't just rely on the fact that its a popular franchise to get more sales: you have to include features that are significant enough to warrant the purchase.

I think the next gen 7 game would be on 3DS but it wouldn't be called Stars. Stars rumor is not convincing and it being on Switch just proves to me how unreliable that rumor is.

The same thing happened with the chinese leak amd starter leak. No ome beleived it. Never going to happen. If someone told you back in B/W that we would get sequels instead of a remix, the next games after that would be 3d and pokemon could evolve a fourth time in battle, and gyms would be removed a few games later, no one would beleive it but all of it happened. Anything can happen
That is different. We are talking of a gen being split up onto two different consoles. It is wrong and inconvenient for some of us players in my opinion.

To be fair there is a precedent for this. Gold and Silver could be played on the standard Gameboy but Crystal required the Gameboy Color. Not all of us were lucky to have gotten the Color first.

Im not saying its not necissarily wrong but it is buisness and thats how gamefreak plans on getting more money. Throw it in now instead of waiting till later in the switch's lifecycle. Also we have no clue what gamefreak plans on doing. We could get Stars on the Switch, then D/P remakes in 2018 or 19 on the 3DS and then we will see from there
Yeah but I would have like to have the complete set of Sun, Moon and Stars. I got DP and Platinum as a set. However, we have to wait for the rumored release/reveal date to see if Stars is truly real. GF should make money but it shouldn't be the cost of some fans but this is my opinion.

Considering if Stars is real, I'd doubt it would be a straight-up 3rd version of SM. Remember that GF works on Games ahead of time, so Stars could be Gen 8, and Eurogamer got their info mixed up.

Another thing I'd like to mention is the lack of varied biomes in recent games. Assuming Stars is real, we would have three straight games set in tropical paradises. I'm already starting to get bored of tropical areas and want to go somewhere colder.

Considering if Stars is real, I'd doubt it would be a straight-up 3rd version of SM. Remember that GF works on Games ahead of time, so Stars could be Gen 8, and Eurogamer got their info mixed up.
the point of doing a third version would be to alienate as few people as possible while also ensuring that there's at least something decent for the Switch when it comes out. GameFreak working on games ahead of time doesn't preclude it from being a third version/companion version/HD port.

Well, I believe that they'll at least add some new features. If they add new Pokemon, I'll freak out! :D

We are not getting a main series game of gen 7 on switch or getting new pokemon in my opinion.

There you go again saying it won't happen like you know for sure :]

Try to deny it all you want but it's going to happen.
You might as well forget DP remakes for 3DS too because those won't show up on the hardware either.
3DS's days a numbered

There you go again saying it won't happen like you know for sure :]

Try to deny it all you want but it's going to happen.
You might as well forget DP remakes for 3DS too because those won't show up on the hardware either.
3DS's days a numbered

We still have to finish Generation VII on the 3DS first. Gen VIII will be the first games for the Switch, and I don't expect to see that until 2019.

Oh Gen 7 will be finished alright, just not on the 3DS just like there won't be DP remakes on it.

The 3DS already has it's remake in ORAS, the GBA had FRLG and the DS had HGSS, Switch will more then likely be the home of DP remakes

Back
Top Bottom