• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Wow the weirdest leak came true cant say i was not surprise but the hell with it I GOT MYSELF THE SIREN POPPLIO!!! also it seems there will be an island trial normal type since Lurantis is a totem pokemon of Mallow from Akala island!

According to the leak VC Pokemon transferred to SM will have their old typings and stats. So now we'll have Mega evolutions, Z-moves, Alola variants and VC Pokemon? Isn't that a bit of a clusterfuck? The metagame will become more complicated that ever.

Alright, let's get to work:

Hmm. Apparently there is a leaker who got both namea right for Bewear and Mimikyu. Bewear is something no one saw coming so I wonder if it can have credence. The leak is:

No gyms
More than 1 evo for Rockruff (including a werewolf)
Yungoos' evolution is fat and hairy.
Time works differently in each version
New forms for old Pokemon (not Megas, think Shellos/Wormadam)
Pokemon transferred from the VC releases will have pre-gen 6 typings/stats.
The stone bracelet has nothing to do with Synchro Evolution.
Ash-Greninja is in the game.
S.S. Anne appears in the game.
Larger, but not by much, amount of brand new Pokemon than last gen.
Looker, Cynthia, Blue, Zinnia, AZ, and Lance all make appearances.
Furfrou's hair cut can be changed in the new Amie.

Some of the new forms for old Pokemon get new animations (Ones I know of include the Abra line)
Transferring through Bank will be the only way to get some forms of old Pokemon.
There is a Flying type bird Pokemon whose appearance varies by island (think Darwin).
There is a 2-stage cat Pokemon that is normal when captured in the wild, but it will inherit the father's primary type as it's 2nd type when hatched; the color/pattern varies by type (think Vivillion).
The Snowman from the Chinese leaks is real; Ice/Ghost. 2-stage

Basically the points we have to look out for is new appearances for old Pokemon which come from other regions.

This one's looking good (forecasted Alola forms and Oricorio)

Edit: Okay, so this one is really interesting. Obviously it got the Alola forms correct, even though we all doubted it. The specific forms that were mentioned were as follows -

Abra line: Fighting-type
Growlithe line: Water-type
Doduo line: Fighting/Flying-type
Ninetales: Fire/Fairy-type*
Nidoking/Nidoqueen: Poison/Fighting-type
Butterfree: Bug/Psychic-type
Rattata: Dark-type

Now, do note that it got Ninetales's type half-wrong (saying Fire instead of Ice). However, this could have just been a typo/mistake, or perhaps a bit of deliberately misleading information (which calls into question how much of it we can trust).

But also of note is that it explicitly corroborates the Chinese leak, but only to the extent of affirming the snowman Pokémon. What does that mean? That the rest of the Pokémon in the Chinese leak are fake? Or that this leaker only knows of the snowman Pokémon?

As for the Chinese leak itself, it looks fine so far, except for there being no mention about Overlord Pokémon/districts, although that does seem similar to what we now know to be Totem Pokémon, so it could just be a clunky interpretation. However, we still have not seen any of the new Pokémon that it mentions (sea cucumber, rugby monkey, etc.). That may or may not mean anything.

@The_Doctor also reasons that the bit about "pre-Gen VI typings and stats" could just be a typo (an easy one to make, certainly), and that they might mean pre-Gen VII typings and stats (meaning, non-Alola forms). Which certainly makes a lot more sense.

So this was posted on 4chan.

Along with that, the "leaker" posted the Pokedex.
Someone asked him to draw the middle stages of the starters, and he did.
They've said "sahte" which means stuff like "artificial, bogus, fake, false" etc. The egg did catch my eye though.

Even if it is fake, I'd say the Pokedex is an interesting read.

EDIT: Here's some things to point out.
  • There's 170 Pokemon.
  • The starters and Rockruff have two final evolutions under the same Pokedex number... Perhaps this is a Meowstic situation, but expanding on it more? It's interesting, that's for sure.
  • Pikachu has three new evolutions which can be obtained by using Fire, Water, or Grass Stones.
  • Missingno. has five forms including the original one, it also has the Pokedex number #000
  • Grubbin has a split-evolution where it evolves into Bug/Steel.
  • There's a Ghost feline Pokemon called "Veyvee" and it changes its type when it evolves. The types are Bug, Dragon, Rock, Ground, Steel, Poison, and Fighting.
  • Ferrothorn, Durant, Milotic, Malamar, Druddigon, Carnivine, Ursaring, Hypno, Dunsparce, Shuckle, Qwilfish, and Furfrou all gain evolutions.
  • Genesect gains a relative like the Carbink/Diancie thing.
  • There's more than 2 Fossil lines.
  • There's 2 pseudo-legendaries.
  • Arceus gains a counterpart and the Original Dragon is a new Pokemon.

Still working through this one

Apparently confirmed fake by the leaker himself. Thanks @Pokesan. :D

Too many leaks to discuss recently.......... Someone will be confirmed fake on Aug 1st
Here's one more from 4chan. A no-mega version.

Hello guys! I'm in the italian translation team for the game and i'm here with a Couple of useful informatIons for you.

-Rockruff evolves At level 18 intO Silverine (rock/steel) and then into Goldhound if it reaChes level 36 during night, full moon moment.

-Bounsweet evolves at level 23 into JumpitaYa (grass/fire).

-Mudsdale, Bruxish and Drampa Do nOt evolve further.

-Mimikyu evolves by tradiNg.

-Wimpod evolutIons will be reveAled in the next batch.

There arE a lot of 1st generation's references:
-The gym leaders types are the same of the first games but faCed in a different order.
-The evil team leader is the last gym leader to face.
-There are 151 new pokemons.
-Almost all the Kanto's pokemons can be found in the wild.
-A fellow colleague tHat works on the npc dIalogue translations said that there is a reference to chAmpion Red from Kanto and his presence in Alola. This dialogue is found in the second pokemon center from a female npc.

-The new fossil duo are a velociRaptor-like pokemon called Quiclaw (rock/electric) and a stegosaurus-like pokemon called Paldont (rock/grass).

-The new evil team is cAlled Team Soul (team anima in the Italian localization). Their leader is called Utoza in the original script (ウトザ). He is called More in the english one and Alchemio in the Italian version.
-The evil team aim is to forge a new world finding all the ingredients to make a complete transformation of the planet. When encountered the first times, they speak about creating an utopic world, resetting it to its zero point and start it again.

-The Alola champion is a very spiritual young man with long blue and dark violet hair. He seems to have a full ghost type team. His english name is Apollo.
-Alola is full of ghost type pokemons

-There are two new day phases in the game: full sun (フルサン) and full moon (フルムーン), used to evolve a couple of new pokemons
-There are no new megaevolutions.

-The next batch will reveal a dark type new pokemon.

Debunked! No new Dark-type today, no Wimpod evolutions.

two more leaks from 4chan.
short and meh...

>there will be 5 pokemon revealed on an update on August 1st
>Details about the crystals that were teased at in the Japanese trailer revealed not long ago
>Teaser on one new Mega Pokemon that will be revealed soon but details on that were unknown, only that they're confirming that Mega-evolution will continue to be a thing in the next games

A fire bear
It's basic form is Cubterize which evolves into Embear at level 28 and then into Bearsear at level 56.

Debunked. We got six new Pokémon today, and that's not even counting Alola forms. We did get new details on the crystal/Z-moves, but that was an easy guess. And there was no confirmation of Megas today.

(However, I am not sure if (1) and (2) were actually leaked by the same person; I'm just going by @Pokesan's post which groups them together. If they aren't connected, though, then the Cubterize/Embear bit could still be true.)

Got some leaks too

--Mudsdale, Drampa have pre-evo.
--Bruxish, Mimikyu and Togedemaru have no evo or pre-evo.
--Rockruff has three evos depending on the starter you choose.
--A pokemon is based on shovel.
--Wimpod is the Gyarados/Milotic line of this gen and evolves into a chimera of Scolipede and Kabutops.
--Cutiefly will evolve into a hummingbird moth.
--Salandit has two different evos depending on gender.
--Three pokemon are based on rock-paper-scissors.
--Hala will be one of E4
--Lillie is the key to main plot and perfect Zygarde.
--Besides Zygarde, eight legendary pokemon for main plot, others are event legendary pokemon.
--Tapu No.3 looks the same as THE strange souvenir.
--There are 120+ pokemon.
--Full Metal Body and Shadow Shield are not just Clear Body and Multiscale.
--There is a pokemon more powerful than Arceus on stats.
--New mechanic: merge battle, two or more pokemon on battle field to merge together to battle in duo or trio battle such as Tapu family.

Nothing from this leak seems to be disproven, and it was right about Mudsdale's pre-evolution (but again, fairly easy guess). Probably shouldn't take this one too seriously yet.

Edit: As noted by @godiego and @Peachy , this one may have a dent in it because it claims that Hala is a member of the Elite Four, which isn't exactly true. And it contradicts the leak at the top of this post (which has a lot more credence) in regards to the number of new Pokémon. So this one is looking more unlikely.

Last edited:
Delta Species! Brilliant idea to expand the Pokedex without inflating the numbers. Hopefully these don't count towards the "90 new Pokemon" limit all the correct leaks have stated. I could easily see 90 brand new Pokemon and around 40 Delta Species/Alola Forms.

The English trailer confirmed this, actually. Different type depending on island.

And holy shit this is a lot to take in.

And I think the fire type on Ninetales was just a typo/error. Easy one to make with Ninetales on the mind.

My only serious concern is this:
They're called Alola forms. Does that mean that after Sun/Moon they'll just be gone? :/

There will probably be like a "Southern Spirit Stone" in later games you can hatch eggs and evolve Pokemon near to get the Alola Forms. To date the only form ever removed from the franchise is Spiky-Eared Pichu so I wouldn't fret.

Another thing pointing out that the starters final evolution are real. Ash new companion is apparently Captain Mallow.

Yep, that's definitely the girl from the Litten art.

Pokémon from the VCs having "pre-Gen VI typings and stats," which is strange, to say the least.

Is it really that strange considering we have new regional forms that have different typings and stat distributions? I'd say they're pretty much the same thing.

I kind of wish they would think about retconning old Regions into having region-exclusive forms, I am looking in Arbok's direction right now.

Is it really that strange considering we have new regional forms that have different typings and stat distributions? I'd say they're pretty much the same thing.

True. Just seems a bit messy is all. Like, those stat buffs in Gen VI were presumably intended to help them... why would we want to use inherently inferior variants?

If that leak with the new typings is real, then I have a burning question. If the pokemon are still regarded as the same species, does that mean that fighting-alakazam can mega evolve?

That's actually a damn good question. Gonna guess that Mega Alakazam Psychic is going to be known as "Mega Alakazam X" going forward.

Reading thru the pokemon websites i think marowak will have its type changed to fire type since Kiawe will be using it does it say on the leak or something?

There is something bothering me though! i want you guys to hear me out. So the new starter evos are real, and this will bring lots of attention and probably many youtube speculations about them so there's that and i think Gamefreak already know about this and it's been going on around so what do you guys think will they do about it? I feel like they are reaaallly ticked off...

Yep, figured this thread would blow up after today XD

Well, I guess we got at least one legitimate leak out of this whole ordeal. Can't say that makes me too happy, but it is what it is. I know that I'll be enjoying Rowliver Queen as my starter.

There is something bothering me though! i want you guys to hear me out. So the new starter evos are real, and this will bring lots of attention and probably many youtube speculations about them so there's that and i think Gamefreak already know about this and it's been going on around so what do you guys think will they do about it? I feel like they are reaaallly ticked off...

It's not as if things like this don't already get leaked every generation. They generally just don't acknowledge that the leaks ever happened.

When they say VC Pokemon keep same types and stats, do they mean as in Evs/Ivs, or do they mean the Pokemon that got a 10 points Base stat boost in gen 6 will lose them?

Also the thing about types, I guess this means Jigglypuff Clefairy will be Pure normal still, but will the Magnemite line be pure electric or Electric/Steel.

tumblr_ob8gehoWtE1rc3jkko1_500.jpg

DAMMIT LITTEN

so the starters are real...sigh....guess i'll wait for official art for full judgment.

It's not as if things like this don't already get leaked every generation. They generally just don't acknowledge that the leaks ever happened.

Well i hope you're right but it still gets me worried and i feel for them because it's still this early and the evo3 already got leaked unlike past gens where evo3s were leaked just like a week or month before release i think...

Back
Top Bottom