• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S05 EP42: Fangs For Nothin'

Sweet Veil

Bright Days
Reaction score
Ash finally has his chance to battle Clair the Blackthorn City Gym Leader, for his last badge. Clair's Dragon Type Pokemon are proving to be a huge threat to Ash's Pokemon how will Ash win?! Meanwhile, Team Rocket have their next plan ready, to steal the rare and valuable Dragon Fang!!

season5_ep42_ss1.jpg

My Review of the Episode
Saw this ep on Boomerang today, what a awesome episode. Dragon Type, heck Dragon looking Pokemon are already one of my favorites already. So seeing them take center stage this ep was to cool. First, this ep did not feel rushed at all, all the stuff it did was just paced correctly. Introducing the gym battle against Clair, and Ash using the usual strategy of using Pikachu to beat Water Types was smart, but not only did it turn out that Kingdra was a Dragon Type, it turned out that Dragon Type Pokemon aren't really affected by much by Electric Type attacks.

Ash substituting Pikachu for Noctowl to actually use its Psychic attacks to win was pretty cool, since the show makes Psychic Pokemon out to be monster battlers. But, even then Noctowl did nothing pretty much because Kingdra moved to fast with Agility and covered itself from hitting the wall with Hydro Pump. I kinda like the way her Kingdra gave Ash hell this episode, since Dragon Pokemon are exactly like that in the game. Drake and Lance's Dragon Pokemon were all monsters to beat.

Seeing Jessie show she's upset over not getting that Dratini was sad, and a cool reference to her liking serpent or snake Pokemon. Like when she tried to catch Snivy and caught Seviper. Team Rocket actually being competent and villainous this ep was nice for a change. They managed to steal the Dragon Fang and trick Dragonite into doing their fighting for them.

It was cool to see Clair's Dragonair give chase and show just how adapt Dragon Types are to nature, like being able to swim good. Surprised Totodile had the strength to carry Ash and Pikachu. That Dragonite turning out to be the former Blackthorn Gym Leader's Dragonite was pretty cool. That explains its strength, defiantly seemed better than Lance's Dragonite back at the Lake of Rage. Seeing Ash's Charizard return puzzled me at first, because it was flying in the sky and we couldn't see it clearly. But, it was great to see Charizard will be returning next ep, I'm not sure why. But, I guess it sensed Ash needed his help to deal with that rogue Dragonite.

So, yeah. Next week's episode is guaranteed to be awesome fighting between Dragons errrrh Flying Reptiles. Dragonair, Dragonite, and Charizard fighting will be great. And to see how things are gonna turn out. Also to see how things turn out with Ash's gym match.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom