• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP41: Playing The Leveling Field!

Allan
Did Fantina say anything about her Drifloon hatching from an egg? I think she said that in the Japanese version
I remember her saying something similar to raising the Drifloon from birth.
The precise dub quote is "I've raised this darling little one since it was a baby Pokémon!"

For anyone who still cares, I found all the things Fantina says in French. She says alors (kind of like "so" or "well") a lot. Anyway....

Battle with Zoey:

My battling style is something to see, n'est-ce pas [isn't it]?

Psywave, tout de suite [right now]!

Merci à vous [thank you]! You were a most formidable opponent!

Enchantée [~Pleased to meet you]. My name is Fantina. A true plaisir [pleasure].

The thing is, I've now become a traveling trainer, just like you! And so I regret to say that gives me no other choice but to leave the Hearthome gym en vacances [on vacation].

In the Pokémon Center:

I'm sorry, but c'est impossible [that's impossible].

And the Hearthome gym was able to open with moi [me] as its leader.

Alors, you understand my feelings. (Brock says oui [yes].)

Bien sûr [of course]! Which finally led me to realize one more thing: I had to create a... new style of battling, one that would combine the beauty of competición [seriously, the way she says it sounds more Spanish] with the ferocity of the battlefield!

No, not quite yet, ma chérie [my dear].

But since my Pokémon are feeling très fatigués [very tired], I'm afraid I'll only be able to battle with one of you.

Battle with Ash:

Alors, Drifloon! Battle position, vite [quickly]!

Buizel, that move of yours was superbe!

Alors, dear Drifloon, go and pick Buizel up!

Alors, Ash, it is you who has the honor!

Très vite [very quickly], Drifloon! Psychic!

Now, s'il vous plaît [if you please], we'll take control of that!

Alors, this time, I start!

Well, I'm impressed! That Thunderbolt is magnifique [magnificent]!

Alors! My Drifloon's starting to evolve!

Incroyable [incredible]! My Drifloon has evolved into a Drifblim! Vraiment incroyable [truly incredible]!

(Ash growls then says, "That's it.") Oui, looks like it.

I accept your challenge. And thank you for a battle incroyable.

In the meantime, you have a magnifique time out on the road!

Mais oui, ma chérie [of course, my dear] Dawn. I promise! Bien sûr. Meanwhile, let's all keep working since you can't count your Torchic before they hatch, n'est-ce pas
? (This is when Brock asks Zoey if she had any idea what Fantina just said.)​

Merci à vous [thank you]! You were a most formidable opponent!

I'm a bit surprised she'd address someone much younger than her in the formal way and not by "tu". Unless my knowledge of French is getting rusty.

new style of battling, one that would combine the beauty of competición [seriously, the way she says it sounds more Spanish] with the ferocity of the battlefield!

That word does sound Spanish when said in French.

Now, s'il vous plaît [if you please], we'll take control of that!

Who was she talking to? It would've been s'il te plait if she was talking to someone younger than her.

Meanwhile, let's all keep working since you can't count your Torchic before they hatch, n'est-ce pas
?​

Oh wow, is that what she said? lol I have no idea what that meant.​

I'm a bit surprised she'd address someone much younger than her in the formal way and not by "tu".
I felt the same way.

Who was she talking to? It would've been s'il te plait if she was talking to someone younger than her.
Ash/Chimchar. Chimchar threw Ember (or something) at Drifloon, and she had Drifloon take control of it using Will-O-Wisp (I think). She could've been using it as a plural rather than singular formal.

Man, I really wanted Ash to win. It's a shame that he lost.... =(

Anyway, I didn't care much for this episode. It just didn't do anything for me.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom