• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S23 EP33: Trade, Borrow, and Steal!

Sarah Natochenny
Zeno Robinson
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Ray Chase
Casey Mongillo

Luis Alfonso
Justin Anselmi
Sam Black
James Weaver Clark
Sandy Fox
Megan Hollingshead
Melissa Hope
Laurie Hymes
Billy Kametz
Mike Liscio
Suzy Myers
Lisa Ortiz
Jake Paque
H.D. Quinn
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson

I don't know how I missed this episode but I just caught it via reruns and since Bugs are my favourite Type then I felt like talking about the episode.

Y'know, the concept of Trading in the anime never made much sense to me. Obviously the giant machine is for the Player to access to another person's game but...ah I probably shouldn't think too much about it.

Anyways, Kricketina Kylie. Despite the squeaky voice I really grew to like her as a character. She has an interesting design, good chemistry with the boys, and she is knowledgeable on her specialty subject - even concocting some bait out of berrys and honey. Certainly would not mind seeing her pop up again. :bulbaLove:

The PWC Battle with Ash felt very much like padding though. Speaking of, those Rankings continue to make no sense. Kricketina was #895 yet Ash becomes #890 after beating her. What happened to the person previously at that Rank? I would be miffed if I was that person and Ash just leapfrogged me despite only defeating someone below me. :confused:

Thankfully the TRio weren't too intrusive in this episode and worked reasonably well, although I would have liked to have seen their Gatcha Pokémon actually fight instead of the bait and switch with the food. Alternatively it might have been cool to see Morpeko defend the TRio or something to show somewhat of a bond forming between them.

Overall a solid episode. Would watch again.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom