• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S25 EP53: Distant Blue Sky

This episode marks the very last time we hear Rodger Parsons as the narrator. Thank you all your years of service Mr. Parsons! Your voice will be missed!!

Because although Ash won’t be around, we know Sarah Natochenny will still be active in Horizons in some capacity, and she’ll likely voice him again should/when he makes a future appearance.
Oh right! This just makes this even sadder now. Rodger... not you also. Thank goodness, Sarah will still be around, but again, Rodger....

Why is Bulbapedia pretending Carter Cathcart kept voicing all his characters up to the end when it's very clearly not him in these episodes? I'm kinda sad that he couldn't wrap things up neatly by retiring after the season finale, like they seemingly had originally announced.

The credits show his name in there, so it's possible he's still doing something, as minor as it may be. It may also be out of courtesy, or maybe as a way for casual viewers to notice less of a change. This retirement wasn't exactly planned either, and no official source made any sort of announcement about his condition - it all came from his CaringBridge page.

The credits show his name in there, so it's possible he's still doing something, as minor as it may be. It may also be out of courtesy, or maybe as a way for casual viewers to notice less of a change. This retirement wasn't exactly planned either, and no official source made any sort of announcement about his condition - it all came from his CaringBridge page.
Pretty sad he couldn't make it to the end: it would've been nice to have a single major character keep their OG English dub VA throughout the entire English run by the end, and Gary's was the lone one to stay consistently unchanged until late JN, but it is what it is (in all seriousness, best of luck to Mr. Cathcart on his recovery from cancer, sad story).

I loved and enjoyed this episode. Makes me sad to think that all these years we could’ve been enjoying this ost music, artstyle and storytelling.
You said it. If Journeys had had an artstyle like this/better ost (they should have brought back Miyazaki one last time for Ash's final series, c'mon, would that've been too much to ask?) and writing maybe I wouldn't have hated it so much.

The dub for the 2022 special and our last adventure with Ash and Pikachu has aired on Cartoon Network in Canada.

Please keep any spoilers in spoiler tags.

Goodbye Ash and Pikachu... buddies and champions to the end.

Voice Characterization -

Sarah Natochenny
James Carter Cathcart
Michele Knotz
Cherami Leigh
Rodger Parsons
Casey Mongillo

Additional Voices -

Edward Bosco
Colleen Clinkenbeard
Megan Hollingshead
Lisa Ortiz
Brina Palencia
Bill Rogers
Erica Schroeder
Marc Thompson
Phillip Thompson (Aaron Phillips)
I know I’m kinda late but I just noticed that all of Chopper’s VAs appeared in this show at some point
Other than Ikue, Kazure Ikura (who was Ikue’s stand-in at one point) voices Gulzar in season 2.
Lisa Ortiz (his 4Kids voice)
Brian Maillard (who voices Chopper’s heavy point form) voices Drake.
Emily Williams (his Odex voice)
And now Brina Palencia

Yeah. She played a bit role in the sneak peek.
She did indeed. And guess what else? I meant to say this much sooner, and I'll definitely be talking about this more on other threads, but I actually met Liza Ortiz herself at AnimeCon here in Rhode Island back in July and she told me the two girls talking at the bus stop at the beginning of the sneak peek were voiced by Sarah Natochenny and Haven Paschall, Ash and Serena's voice actresses! :lapras:

She did indeed. And guess what else? I meant to say this much sooner, and I'll definitely be talking about this more on other threads, but I actually met Liza Ortiz herself at AnimeCon here in Rhode Island back in July and she told me the two girls talking at the bus stop at the beginning of the sneak peek were voiced by Sarah Natochenny and Haven Paschall, Ash and Serena's voice actresses! :lapras:
Nice. Probably means Haven will be voicing Murdock's Rockruff as well so it'll be nice seeing her part of the cast again with Rockruff appearing every now and then.

Nice. Probably means Haven will be voicing Murdock's Rockruff as well so it'll be nice seeing her part of the cast again with Rockruff appearing every now and then.
If that’s the case that would probably mean James Weaver Clark and Mike Pollock would return as Slugma and Shuckle as well

Well shoot. Guess Ash and Serena ended up together after all.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom