• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Say goodbye to Yugioh and 4kids -- 4kids being sued for millions, all deals cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallelujah! 4Kids can finally stop mutilating a perfectly good anime.

pffffft, yeah fucking right. Please tell me you're joking. Honestly, today's children don't need to be more pussy-fied by their parents than they already are. Also, the media watchdogs can't be that bad, as I notice plenty of cartoons on the air get away with at least making a direct reference to death (though, I haven't watched TV in a few years; has it gotten considerably worse lately?). What I have noticed is that, as far back as Dragon Ball Z's "other dimension", either TV censors or overly paranoid localizers have been a lot more strict with anime than they have been with domestic programming, which I find rather hypocritical.
Yet other shows aren't as direct with their references to death as Yu-Gi-Oh! was. Some of Yu-Gi-Oh!'s imagery was quite frankly rather disturbing, and young American children are not going to be very willing to tune in to something that has terrified them, which loses ratings.

Oh wow, I wish I could be happy that 4kids can't ruin anymore anime, but all I can think of is the poor employees who will lose their jobs as a result. :(

Actually, I just remembered, they didn't bowlderdize too much in the Yu-Gi-Oh movie (The Pyramid of Light), wherein Anubis mentions "Worms will feast on your flesh" or something like that, in the most creepy manner. Did someone bribe 4Kids to keep most of the original dialogue?

I'm pretty sure that movie was made completely by them so, I guess they thought it was okay, for once? I really dunno.

Even more sad is that this isn't their fault. It's the fault of whoever the conspirators were.

So, the conspirators aren't in 4kids?

So, the conspirators aren't in 4kids?

Yes, of course they were. But chances are this scheme of theirs was orchestrated entirely by the executives, hence the CEO bailing out before this came into public knowledge. There were probably some accountants involved too.

The people who stand to lose here is everyone else, or, average employees that had no idea any of this was going on, and definitely didn't play a part in it.

Isn't the Seviper evolves from Arbok was just an error rather than purposely making an edit on the anime like what they did to the riceballs?

Yeah, but I guess stupid editing and stupid errors are all the same really when it comes to liking or disliking 4Kids.

4Kids made have made crappy dubs, but it's not fair to put the entire blame on them as a whole. IMHO, Executive Meddling and strict Media WatchDOGs are the main problem.

And it's not fair for all those employees and voice actors to lose their jobs over this.

This is horrible news :(, I hope that 4Kids can english dub and air Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Episodes 101-154 before they lose the rights :).

Last edited:

None of those edits actually have any impact ion the story. They did a decent on job on it.

YoshiSage said:
Hallelujah! 4Kids can finally stop mutilating a perfectly good anime.

It's okay at best really.

Anyway, it's too bad that they're getting sued but you get what you get when you can't properly run a business. Hopefully they can rebound from this but if they can't then they can't.

There will be no dubs for anything further of Yugioh until another company picks it up.

^ But what's already been done will continue to air on TV, and the 10th anniversary movie will be released on DVD as well.

There will be no dubs for anything further of Yugioh until another company picks it up.

4Kids better have dubbed Episodes 102-154 then.....or else there will be alot of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's DUB fans upset.

^ But what's already been done will continue to air on TV, and the 10th anniversary movie will be released on DVD as well.

That's good to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom