• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Seraph of the End Mafia - Game End (16/03/2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm kinda suspicious of you lol

I know it was a joke vote but still feels like an easy way of placing a joke vote while also being serious. i'm not sure if i'm wording this correctly, but basically it just still strikes me as if it was somewhat serious. But that being said, I'm not comfortable voting you still since your post overall made sense.

it wasn't without information really, more like i might have been reading into it too much, but i still get the feeling there was something to Felly's vote on you. That alone isn't enough for me to be seriously still be voting Felly anymore though

Unvote: Felly

Vote: DekuNut

rng made you vote the one who had the most votes at the time? Not sure about this.
I mean, it's not like there was a 1 in 13 chance at that or anything... besides, it would be pretty useless to do that now, so early in the day. While Fel had the most votes, they were still far from maj, and there's still a ton of time left in the day.

Day One Midday Vote Count - 07/03/2020

Day One - Midday Vote Count
Who Has Been Voted For?Who Voted?
ZachieMidorikawa
CyanideCrystalTood
FellyHumanDawn, DekuNut
ToodCyanideCrystal
DekuNutSpace

Day One will end at 11pm AEST in 24 hours on the 8th of March.

Do mafia games always start with everyone pointing fingers eith no evidence to back it up?

Are you trying to claim Miller by that or just agreeing with Kender on the "no perfect answer thing"?

@Zachie , @Snowstorm , any thoughts? SMII mentioned not being able to do much until the ninth, so them being silent so far isn't surprising. However, Zachie has been on the online users list multiple times since the phase began. Could be something preventing him from posting here, though.

Mido and Jinjo have also been sort of quiet; Jinjo has townread me and that's all she's said, Mido has argued with my theory of not wanting to let the lynch be randomly decided and asked how a joke vote was serious.

Space has suspicions on certain people, but has only state that they're suspicious, not why they're suspicious. Care to expand?

Felly's wagon seems to consist only of joke votes; it might be best to take those off soon unless there's an actual reason for them. Deku claims it was a RNG, so definitely no evidence, and HD seemed to have just been agreeing with Space.

Kender has things to say, but nothing that seems useful. Maybe trying to meet the post requirement, or just saying things to say things.

As it stands, I'm still mildly suspicious of Tood. I've started digging through the archive to see if I can figure out anyone's usual play styles, and what Tood's said so far(which is actually very little) doesn't really match up with what I found in old games. This could mean scum, but maybe I'm reading into it too much.

Vote: No Lynch
My vote might change before the end of the day, but for now, that's what I think. I'm not quite suspicious enough of Tood, or anyone, to vote to lynch them yet, so for now, I think the best thing to do is not lynch.

Do mafia games always start with everyone pointing fingers eith no evidence to back it up?
Nobody has any suspicions to go on, so trying to get reactions out of people can be a good way to lead to actual debate.

As it stands, I'm still mildly suspicious of Tood. I've started digging through the archive to see if I can figure out anyone's usual play styles, and what Tood's said so far(which is actually very little) doesn't really match up with what I found in old games. This could mean scum, but maybe I'm reading into it too much.
I mean, this is my fourth game of mafia in this kind of format, so I don't really think I've got much of an established playstyle yet anyway.

I feel pretty good about you, since you seem super cautious so far.

Unvote: CyanideCrystal

Joke vote over. I don't feel particularly suspicious towards anybody to consider lynching them yet.

Out of the current votes, Space's vote seems like the most serious one so far. I agree that the Deku's vote on Felly is odd; it just being RNG seems way too coincidental, but it's far too early to judge anything considering how early in phase it happened.

Kender has things to say, but nothing that seems useful. Maybe trying to meet the post requirement, or just saying things to say things.

Well, it's a bit too soon to say anything useful no? I'm talking for talking showing that I'm here and I take interest in what you say, that's all. To be honest, I think that everybody is not really helpful right now and paranoid over the smallest of detail, if it's not just Mafia play. I also think people should pull their joke votes now before forgetting to do so later. Unless they want a first day lynch.

And no, I don't have a post requirement of some sort, except if you are talking about being active each round. Am I being (not) helpful enough? :LOL:

By post requirement, I meant Rule 3 stating that everyone is supposed to post three times in 48 hours to prevent inactivity.

paranoid over the smallest of detail
Trying to figure things out D1 is near impossible, so I might have over-analyzed everything people have and haven't said.

Still wondering where Zachie and Snowstorm are.

It is definitely surprising that the RNG landed on the person with the most votes; this also makes me mildly suspicious of Deku. I wonder if that's scum just trying to remove town as soon as possible, or maybe it's just a coincidence. Either is possible, I suppose. Also the potential Miller claim might be an attempt to ward off the cop when and if they consider checking Deku.

Unvote: Tood

I don't really have any mafia reads so I'm not voting right now, but I'm not sure not lynching anyone is wise either. That will leave us without any info.

Hey I agree with the fact that voting anyone earlier in the day is not based on info. They are usually joke or random. Right now I have no reads on anyone. And I have no idea who to vote. I think Day 1 is too early and lynching anyone based on no information seems risky to me for town.

I've got three votes on me right now, which feels a little suspicious to me, but I don't want to jump to conclusions this early on. From the looks of it, it looks like Space's stems from my joke vote on Kender, so now that that's dropped, maybe things will change, maybe they won't, but only time will tell. HD's vote on me seems to be bandwagoning with Space, but again, maybe it'll all change now that I've dropped my vote on Kender. Like I said, I don't want to jump to conclusions, especially since it's D1 and I don't want to risk a lynch on town, or even worse, a vital role like doctor or cop. That's not to say that I won't lynch someone D1 because I will if I feel I've found someone that's lynchworthy, but with some players still silent, I want to at least see the other players say something before I start throwing serious lynches out there. Right now, it feels like a lot of joke votes, Space and HD's votes on me included, are getting thrown out there, which is great since it's getting some discussion rolling around here, but so far, I've seen nothing that's making me want to throw a solid, non-negotiable lynch on someone right now.
I don’t like this. Clearly you ignored the real reason they voted you. And the way you Worded it “I unvoted so hopefully I’ll be unvoted” is just fear and no attempt to convince them taht you didn’t have negative intentions.
Wow, just wow. People seem to start to try reading people way to fast without any parcel of information lol. I'm also not a fan of first-day lynching without having some sparkle of info. But everybody seems to say that we should lynch someone Day 1 since it gives some info to. I guess there is no perfect answer to this. Also, someone wants to claim some nasty role now, like Miller?
Unless there is a lot of serious discussion D1, which is rare, a lynch is the on,y way to go into D2 with anything.
Mido and Jinjo have also been sort of quiet; Jinjo has townread me and that's all she's said, Mido has argued with my theory of not wanting to let the lynch be randomly decided and asked how a joke vote was serious.
There is this thing called real life. Quiet is not always intentional. And it’s still D1. You act like we haven’t spoken in phases.

And what theory? You provided no theory. You just were afraid of consequences. you’re a player who probably won’t take risks. Which is just anti-town since you’ll be avoiding the true scumhunting effort.
Also the potential Miller claim might be an attempt to ward off the cop when and if they consider checking Deku.
Miller coming out D1 is standard. It’s suspicious if they don’t.

i am gonna predict what's going to happen in the future of this phase

boom shalalala boom... boom

felly gets the most votes

misters "i don't want to do vote anyone day 1 because i don't want a mislynch" sit on their thumbs

felly flips town or mafia

they get voted the next day phase

they:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

And what theory? You provided no theory. You just were afraid of consequences. you’re a player who probably won’t take risks. Which is just anti-town since you’ll be avoiding the true scumhunting effort.
Honestly that was just me dumping a large percent of everything I noticed into a post. I honestly have no clue who the scum are, so I wrote out essentially anything that was even mildly suspicious on anyone's part, and am now going through to figure out what was just me being overly paranoid and what might actually be useful evidence so I can figure what I should do with my night action and who I should vote for today, if anyone. Why I posted it, I'm not completely sure. I already guessed that your lack of posting might have had to do with you being busy, just not when I made that post because it was early and I really don't think I should be getting up at 5 A.M. and then trying to figure anything at 7 without sleeping.

I probably should be doing more towards scumhunting, but might I remind you it's D1 and there is zero evidence of anyone being scum besides Deku, which could also have just been chance.

misters "i don't want to do vote anyone day 1 because i don't want a mislynch" sit on their thumbs
Perhaps if you'd explain why you're voting Felly(I might have just missed the evidence), I'd feel a bit safer lynching her.

Mobile right now, so forgive me if things are a little messy.

i am fine with my vote on felly tbh

Could you elaborate on why you're voting for me in the first place? I don't think I've seen a reason for it yet, unless I've missed it, and I'm starting to believe it's more than a joke vote now.

I don’t like this. Clearly you ignored the real reason they voted you. And the way you Worded it “I unvoted so hopefully I’ll be unvoted” is just fear and no attempt to convince them taht you didn’t have negative intentions.

I see that Space voted me for giving a reason on my joke vote, which they found suspicious. I see that HD hasn't given a reason on it, which I now find suspicious, considering they're not budging on that vote. I see that Deku is voting me because of RNGsus, which yeah, I can see how that's suspicious because I had the most votes on me at the time, but hey, I seem to have shitty luck when it comes to RNG.

Space dropped their vote on me after I dropped mine on Kender, and while I could waste everyone's time running in circles with it, I'd rather not because I feel like it'll get us nowhere; it seems that, at least for now, we've cleared all that up. Deku's dropped their vote on me too, so I see no reason to push that at this point. HD is the only one I see with a vote on me, with no reason, joke or not, so I'm gonna pressure them.

It was early in the day when those posts were made, and now I see where things towards me have led. It's time for me to act on the things I feel most suspicious about so I can work towards deciding on a lynch vote for D1.

i am gonna predict what's going to happen in the future of this phase

boom shalalala boom... boom

felly gets the most votes

felly flips town or mafia

they get voted the next day phase

they:

But real talk, I'd really like to know why you're voting for me. Right now, you're my top candidate for a D1 lynch since you're voting for me with absolutely no reason and I think we're all past the point of joke votes now.

Perhaps if you'd explain why you're voting Felly(I might have just missed the evidence), I'd feel a bit safer lynching her.

i didn't say you have to vote or lynch felly though - but if everyone does what you do, then you will complain the whole game about how the phases are going

if somebody dies night 1... then what do we do d2? there isn't much difference in how a phase works from day 1 and day 2, other than a night phase occurring - should all games start on N1 then? is that how "evidence" comes? what is evidence? only a night result?

what's your plan for d2?

and please, don't tell me that it's "wait for a cop or tracker to out if they have a suspicious result for half the day phase"

@Felly

please vote me for the following reasons:

a)
HD is the only one I see with a vote on me, with no reason, joke or not, so I'm gonna pressure them.

b)
It was early in the day when those posts were made, and now I see where things towards me have led. It's time for me to act on the things I feel most suspicious about so I can work towards deciding on a lynch vote for D1.

c)
Right now, you're my top candidate for a D1 lynch since you're voting for me with absolutely no reason and I think we're all past the point of joke votes now.

Unvote: No Lynch
Vote: Midorikawa

I might sound a bit crazy, but I think Mido might be trying to take advantage of my inexperience and temper to make me look scummy and get town a fine mislynch on D2. And I also think it might be working so far. So, for the moment at least, I will be voting Mido until presented with a reason not to, be it someone else who I think is more likely scum or something that makes me believe Mido not to be scum.
Yes, I know my reasoning isn't very strong, but honestly, I doubt Mido's going to be lynched today anyway with Felly's wagon.

It's a little suspicious you change your vote right after someone said you'll get voted off for your attidute. Seems more like you're doing it out of fear of being killed. I don't see how he's trying to make you look scummy. You're unusually paranoid, but that can be explained by inexperience.

Also voting for no lynch is pretty scummy usually, since it gives the Mafia the edge. (If we don't kill anyone they're one kill ahead.)

I mean, if we kill a town then they're two kills ahead, so and I don't really want that, either. And obviously I don't want to die, and given my role, I think the only people interested in me being dead would be mafia, all things considered. I get it, I am terrible at playing mafia. I have absolutely no idea who the scum are beyond the fact that I'm not. I probably look like I've been fluctuating from overly-defensive to overly-aggresive. And HD finally got it through my thick skull that D1 lynches aren't completely useless. So no, I don't know what I'm doing in the slightest and maybe the fact that I joined the game at all was a mistake on my part. But I don't recall anyone ever saying that being crap at a game makes you everyone's enemy. I can't kill anyone. I can't prevent anyone from being killed, or attempt to prevent the wrong person from getting killed, for that matter. You're free to think I'm scum if that's what you think, but that's honestly just how I act. I'd probably be worse as a scum, to be completely honest. Not sure though, because I'm not scum, and I've never been scum.
And I'm completely certain all of you knew exactly what you were doing your first game. You probably swept the floor with the opposing faction without anyone else doing anything at all or making anyone even remotely suspicious of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom