• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SharKing's RU Team

Oh, drat. I completely forgot that. Never mind Terrakion. Haven't played RU yet either, I totally forgot. Isn't heracross in RU? That could be an issue.

I haven't seen it at all. I think it's UU.

Anyway, I made a couple of updates to the movesets of Claydol and Aggron. Notifying for more current rates. I'm also considering posting this RMT on Smogon as my badge of RU pride; after all, it got me up to 12/2101 in Smogon's RU ladder on PO.

I haven't seen it at all. I think it's UU.

Anyway, I made a couple of updates to the movesets of Claydol and Aggron. Notifying for more current rates. I'm also considering posting this RMT on Smogon as my badge of RU pride; after all, it got me up to 12/2101 in Smogon's RU ladder on PO.

Which is UU, Rain or Terrakion? Auto Rain and Terrakion are both OU, but Rain Dance can be used in any tier. I agree with Heathcliff though, you might need a hard rain counter, maybe Galvantula over Yanmega? I'm not sure how much it would hurt your synergy, but with Compoundeyes, you can run Thunder without worrying if Rain is up or not and it will still hit.

I was talking about Heracross when I mentioned the whole UU thing. And frankly, I don't see Galvantula outpacing those Rain Dance-abusing Swift Swimmers that'd kill it before letting it fire off a Thunder. My best counter is Sharpedo, surprisingly; it only needs to get +2 Speed to outrun most of the Swift Swimmers, and it can injure them. Ludicolo won't like Crunch too much (though the pineapple will be a problem no matter what), and Kabutops will fall to Hydro Pump. Not to mention the fact that it can do a little Protect-stallin' to burn up those Rain turns.

I don't know much about this tier either, but it looks like Jolly Gallade could deal some hefty damage, outspeeding Aggron, Porgon-Z before an Agility, and Sharpedo without a speed boost, and OHKOing with Close Combat. Against Sharpedo, even if Sharpedo outspeeds, it can't KO Gallade, and Gallade can KO in return. Have you seen much of Gallade though?

Last edited:
A "double-post" with a purpose.

Anyway, I'm updating this team, though there's only one change: I gave Sharpedo Surf over Hydro Pump. I also want to let BMGf know that Angad and I have a nice little treat for you all. We should have it up soon.

and the child is named DCM Jr.

now, to something constructive and relevant to the thread, I'm still not sure you've fully addressed the issue of the prevalent rain dance teams in this tier and your team's weakness to it.

That being said, I love your usage of Yanmega, and I suppose Mega Giga Drain and Air Slash should be able to deal with Ludicolo.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom