• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

She hasn't been forgotten! ***SPOILERS***

Misty isn't better and May isn't better.
Gosh. I hate wars like "OMG!!! May rulzzz.... Misty sucks" and vice versa.
I would like to see both girls in one team.

I don't hate May, that's for sure...
With both of them in the show together, things would have been much more interesting I think.

Thing I don't like about May is from what I've seen of Hoenn she seems like a girlygirl. Misty may act like that sometimes but she seemed more tomboyish to me. I'm a tomboy myself so that's why I prefer Misty. That and she trains water Pokemon which is my favorite type cause I like water related characters of shows. And for my last post, I wasn't saying I don't dislike May but that I just like Misty more.

I like both girls. Sometimes I like Misty better and sometimes May is number one for me.
May is a normal girl. She has been changing for all Hoenn. First she disliked pokemon and didn't know a lot about them, and now she likes pokemon a lot and is a very good trainer. I like her personality, because she is calm and friendly.
Misty is little tomboyish. My friend said, I'm a lot like her lol We yell a lot, we are sometimes scary lol but sometimes we are nice, friendly and sensitive. Misty is much more original character than May. She isn't 100% tomboy. Sure, sometimes she acts like that, but she still likes shopping, cute pokemon, dreams about cute boys etc. Tomboy girls don't care about it.

That's the same thing I said. She's more tomboyish but does act like a girly girl sometimes.

Alfonso said:
YAY! For two seconds! :D

>.>

*sigh*
My sister thinks the same thing about Tracey...
I wonder if the anime's situation would have been the same with all the guys in one single group... i.e. The current Hoenn group including Misty and Tracey...
I would have sincerely preferred it this way.

Eh, that would be overcrowding. Further, Tracey wasn't a great character, except for his almost suicidal willingness to point out Ash and Misty's thing for each other.

I want Ash, May, Misty, and a new male character, possibly the male hero from DP. Then get Ash another rival(or even bring Gary back.) Perfect setup, I think.

Also, I've been neglecting a character - Max. Now, Max is pretty much attached to May. Their characters benefit from the presence of the other. Max does get some good screentime(Ralts ep, Jirachi movie), but unfortunately, he lacks a goal - same problem as pretty much everyone bar Ash and May. Of course, one could easily be provided - if he were to get a Pokemon and begin training (or something else, though I suspect Max would favor battling.)

On the other hand, I'm kind of biased - I consider him annoying, though I recognize that he's a decent character with a lot of potential. But eh.

Geodude said:
The reason half the fandom now hates Misty is that they realize that May is better in every conceivable way. :p
(bolded mine)
Translation: May has a bigger chest. :p

Seriously, call me a cynic, but I get the impression that May wouldn't be quite as popular as she is now if she wasn't such blatant jailbait.

Jo-Jo said:
(bolded mine)
Translation: May has a bigger chest. :p

Seriously, call me a cynic, but I get the impression that May wouldn't be quite as popular as she is now if she wasn't such blatant jailbait.

...And Misty walking about half-naked (Small, tight shirt, cut-off, *very* skimpy jeans.) isn't jailbait? :p

You don't hear many people talking about Misty walking around half-naked, though. Whereas practically everyone and their mother has commented on May. I think that most of the girls on the show have had a few fanservicey moments, but May's the one who attracts the drooling fanboys.

Simple: Misty's flat. :p Although not entirely flat, and sometimes the animators like to *ahem* extend her chest. But for the most part, when you consider that May's chest almost rivals Jesse's, I think you can see the difference.

MistyIRC said:
Eh, that would be overcrowding. Further, Tracey wasn't a great character, except for his almost suicidal willingness to point out Ash and Misty's thing for each other.
I'm afraid I'm only one who likes Tracey =/
No... Orange*Berry from spp likes him too.
MistyIRC said:
I want Ash, May, Misty, and a new male character, possibly the male hero from DP. Then get Ash another rival(or even bring Gary back.) Perfect setup, I think.
Hmm... no Brock? Ok, Brock has nothing to do in anime. He wanna be a breeder but he has never breed pokemon! Weeeee..... I wanna see my Tracey!!! XD
I'm wondering, what will happen with May and Max. Will they stay in anime or maybe not. Anyway, Ash shouldn't be with 2 girls alone =P
I see it: Ash, Misty, May, Tracey. 4 people. What's wrong with 4 people in one team.

Lovely Latias said:
I'm afraid I'm only one who likes Tracey =/
No... Orange*Berry from spp likes him too.

Hmm... no Brock? Ok, Brock has nothing to do in anime. He wanna be a breeder but he has never breed pokemon! Weeeee..... I wanna see my Tracey!!! XD
I'm wondering, what will happen with May and Max. Will they stay in anime or maybe not. Anyway, Ash shouldn't be with 2 girls alone =P
I see it: Ash, Misty, May, Tracey. 4 people. What's wrong with 4 people in one team.

You can include my adorable *ehem...* sister who's obsessed with Tracey...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom