• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Which pokemon should take the sixth spot in my B2 team - Flygon, Crobat or Toxicroak?

The rest of my team is (will be, actually):

Serperior
Magnezone
Arcanine
Glaceon
Zoroark

Another question: Where is the first trainer that uses a Deino located in Black 2?

Which pokemon should take the sixth spot in my B2 team - Flygon, Crobat or Toxicroak?

Serperior
Magnezone
Arcanine
Glaceon
Zoroark

Another question: Where is the first trainer that uses a Deino located in Black 2?

I'd personally go with Flygon. It can be a bit bothersome training Trapinch and Vibrava sometimes at first but once it evolves it's really good. And you can teach it Fly since I see that you're missing a flyer in your team.

There is a Preschooler who uses a Deino on Route 3 though I'm not sure if he's the first trainer. He might be though.

On Bulbapedia it says that Volt Tackle can be an egg move of Pikachu in Generation V. I have used the Pokétransfer Lab to transfer a male Pikachu with the moves ThunderShock, Nasty Plot, Volt Tackle and Thunder Wave and put it in the daycare with a female Pikachu. Their offspring has the moves ThunderShock, Charm, Thunder Wave and Nasty Plot, why does it not know Volt Tackle?

Last edited:

On Bulbapedia it says that Volt Tackle can be an egg move of Pikachu in Generation V. I have used the Pokétransfer Lab to transfer a male Pikachu with the moves ThunderShock, Nasty Plot, Volt Tackle and Thunder Wave and put it in the daycare with a female Pikachu. Their offspring has the moves ThunderShock, Charm, Thunder Wave and Nasty Plot, why does it not Volt Tackle?

I'm thinking this might be because only the Pikachu line can know the move?..

edit: derp my brain saw pikachu and told me it said pachirisu :U
anyway, if im not mistaken, one of the parents needs to be holding a light ball when breeding.

Diamond Friend Code

I've been trying to get my Friend Code, via Diamond, but it continues to inform me that there's no compatible access point in rage. That confuses me, because I can access the Wi-Fi, when I play White. Anyone know what's wrong?

Re: Diamond Friend Code

Isn't the friend code in the Pal Pad...?
Anyways, I have found that sometimes,wi-fi spots just don't work with Gen IV games while they work with Gen V games. What type of DS system do you play your Pokemon games on? Does your wi-fi have a password?

How do you spread Pokerus among your other pokemons? I got a Dratini with Pokerus by chance on the GTS and I put it in my PC box full of other pokemons cuz I heard that putting it in the PC will spread it - but so far, none of the other pokemon caught Pokerus ;_;

Thank you for the answer to my question yourlilemogirl :)

How do you spread Pokerus among your other pokemons? I got a Dratini with Pokerus by chance on the GTS and I put it in my PC box full of other pokemons cuz I heard that putting it in the PC will spread it - but so far, none of the other pokemon caught Pokerus ;_;

To spread Pokérus to other Pokémon the Dratini needs to be in your party while walking around and training it and the other members of your party. The virus stops being spreadable if you leave a Pokémon with Pokérus in your party after midnight or several days so you should keep at least one Pokémon with spreadable Pokérus in your PC box before midnight to stop it being cured ready for the next time you to spread Pokérus. The effects of Pokérus always stay the same even after a Pokérus infected Pokémon is cured.

I've been trying to get my Friend Code, via Diamond, but it continues to inform me that there's no compatible access point in rage. That confuses me, because I can access the Wi-Fi, when I play White. Anyone know what's wrong?

If you're playing on a 3DS while playing White, you may be using a WPA security level for your wifi. Gen 4 games such as Diamond only support WEP security. To remedy this, just temporarily switch your wifi's security settings when you want to play Diamond.

If you're playing on a 3DS while playing White, you may be using a WPA security level for your wifi. Gen 4 games such as Diamond only support WEP security. To remedy this, just temporarily switch your wifi's security settings when you want to play Diamond.

I use a DSi, actually, to play White and Diamond. I tried changing to WEP, but it doesn't let me.

Serperior
Magnezone
Arcanine
Glaceon
Zoroark

I'd personally go with Flygon. It can be a bit bothersome training Trapinch and Vibrava sometimes at first but once it evolves it's really good. And you can teach it Fly since I see that you're missing a flyer in your team.

There is a Preschooler who uses a Deino on Route 3 though I'm not sure if he's the first trainer. He might be though.

Thanks! : )
Though I don't teach HM moves to the pokemon in my main team, unless they're actually useful like Surf.

Serperior
Magnezone
Arcanine
Glaceon
Zoroark

Thanks! : )
Though I don't teach HM moves to the pokemon in my main team, unless they're actually useful like Surf.

Same, though Fly is actually pretty useful with 90 in power and 95 in accuracy (so almost equal to Surf which has 95 and 100 respectively). And of course it gets you places fast. But it's your choice really.

Same, though Fly is actually pretty useful with 90 in power and 95 in accuracy (so almost equal to Surf which has 95 and 100 respectively). And of course it gets you places fast. But it's your choice really.

You're right, it is a good move. But I'm still not sure, since Flygon can learn some other more useful moves. Idk, I guess we'll see in the proccess. Thanks again for the help!

ETA:
Since we're at it does Flygon look more male or female to you? lol

Last edited:
Re: Does chaining work without the pokeradar?

I only have one shiny i was given it. please do not tell me off if i'm not allowed to post questions.
No, chaining does not work without the PokeRadar, as it's needed to chain. To find shinies without it, you'll have to either hatch, soft reset or encounter a shiny randomly.

Re: Global Trade Station Conversational Thread

I have a Shaymin, but when I go to Striation to get Gracidea she won't give it to me. What's the problem?

Re: Global Trade Station Conversational Thread

Your shaymin is AR'd and not fateful encounter.

Last edited:

So my current team is made up of Samurott, Ampharos, Cobalion, Virizion, Zoroark and Unfezant. I want to make room in my team for Kyurem, so I'm wondering if I should get rid of Unfezant?

He's the strongest in my team by like 2 levels surprisingly

So my current team is made up of Samurott, Ampharos, Cobalion, Virizion, Zoroark and Unfezant. I want to make room in my team for Kyurem, so I'm wondering if I should get rid of Unfezant?

He's the strongest in my team by like 2 levels surprisingly

Sure. Unfezant isn't all that good anyway. And Kyurem can learn Fly in case you want to get to places fast.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom