• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM040: Ashimari, Osyamari, and the Anch-gry Dadarin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash meets an Brionne and its Trainers at the beach. They explain that they're the "Seafolk" that travel the entire world, and that they've come here in search of a ship that sunk here in the area. Ash gets interested in them and start helping them search for the ship.

Last edited:
Ash meets a Brionne and its Trainers at the beach.
What? Brionne is owned by more than one trainer?

They explain that they're the "Sea Men" that travel the entire world,

So, we've got reason to believe that: Ironically, the first Brionne seen in the Pokémon anime is going to be male.

Yeah, I'm not gonna be happy if Lana gets the short end of the stick for more Ash focus in an episode featuring Brionne.

I also think it'll be cool if the Brionne is male. It's funny how it's just assumed to be a female Pokémon due to looks even though it has the same 75% male rate as any other starter.

Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated. There is also an image of the episode.

zGzHSTc.png

One day, Ash and Lana meet the Pokémon Brionne, which is giving magnificent performances at the beach, as well as its Trainers. The Trainers tell them they're a people called the "Seafolk", who travel the oceans of the entire world, and that they've come here in search of a ship that sunk long ago here in the area. Ash and Lana get interested in them and decide to help them search for the ship. But then Team Rocket show up.

The VA list.

Ash: Rica Matsumoto

Mallow: Reina Ueda

Lana: Hitomi Kikuchi

Pikachu: Ikue Ohtani

Rotom Pokédex: Daisuke Namikawa

Steenee: Chika Fujimura

Popplio: Rikako Aikawa

Jessie: Megumi Hayashibara

James: Shin’ichiro Miki

Meowth: Inuko Inuyama

Wobbuffet: Yūji Ueda

Ia: Rie Kugimiya

Brionne: Chinami Nishimura

Dhelmise: Kaito Ishikawa

Last edited:
Looks the People of the Water Seafolk are sharing VAs with the regular cast.

And Ash alone with Lana and Mallow, eh? I think we know what kinds of jokes this will begat! ;)

Last edited:
Here are two new summaries of this episode, which Dephender translated.

As Lana is practicing a Z-Move, a Brionne with perfect command of Z-Moves appears before her. Lana apprentices herself to its Trainers. Will she manage to use Z-Moves?

As Lana worries about her inability to use Z-Moves, a Brionne with perfect command of Z-Moves appears before her alongside its Trainers. Lna apprentices herself to these Trainers, who tell her they have come here in search of a treasure lying at the bottom of the sea, and they start training together. Then, one day, they receive information on the treasure and decide to go retrieve it. However, the treasure is protected by a Dhelmise... will they be able to obtain it? And what will the result of Lana's training be...?

Steenee's voice is also listed in the cast. Kiawe, Sophocles and Lillie are nowhere to appear... Could this be another episode where some main characters are absent?

It's refreshing for the classmates not to be shoehorned once in a while. Looking forward to this episode.

It's weird, when this series started I saw Suiren and Kaki as the ones pushed into the background while the other classmates got focus yet its the other way round. I'm not complaining, because they're definitely the most interesting and any amount of Suiren focus in particular wins a Yay from me.

I say, Lana is really an interesting character beside those three annoying classmates which got the worst development that don't deserve to be the main characters of the show. Kiawe is also cool if you ask me. And good thing Professor Kukui is nowhere to be seen in this episode. He's been appearing in every episode like the other students. But still we don't know who voices Snowy? Sophocles' voice, maybe? or one of the students?

I personally don't mind Professor Kukui as a character but hate the fact he appears so often. He actually appears more than most of the classmates.

Him and Rotomdex are the REAL Companions of this saga! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom