• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM090: Connect to the Future! The Legend of the Radiant One!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally have a minor theory where the series ends with Ash's classmates becoming Trial Captains when the whole Alola style Pokémon League system is established, so it would be fair for all of them to get Z-Rings eventually, but we'll see how things go.
Yeah. I had wondered if that was direction they were going. At first I thought "I guess not", but now I've gone back to thinking that is what they might do for them by the end. That would be a good enough ending to the SM saga for me. Of course I'd imagine Lillie will do her own thing.

I guess we can say Poipole will get released in this episode and stay at its homeland once they get the light back to Poipole's place.

So Gladion's the one to use Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom...

And they’re going to show Ultra Necrozma without requiring Nebby or Lunala?

I was expecting Lilie to use that Z crystal, after the link they established between Lilie and Lunala in the previous episode.
Still, if Lilie is representing the light side of moon, Gladio is representing the dark side of moon. Symbolism still works.
Like the previous one, this episode seems less intense than I expected, there is very little plot development other than people sharing their energy with Necrozma to heal it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be the absolute worst time to give Lillie a Z-Ring. This is an arc where everyone is doing stuff, Lillie getting a Z-Ring should be done in an episode that's about her specifically, not forcibly shoved into this climactic battle.

Necrozma doesn't require Solgaleo or Lunala to become Ultra. That's just for the purpose of gameplay.

It just needs light, and lots of it. Solgaleo and Lunala just happen to be a convenient source for it.

This would be the absolute worst time to give Lillie a Z-Ring. This is an arc where everyone is doing stuff
But the only ones doing anything is Satoshi and Gladio? Rest of the Ultra Guardians did nothing important, and only Kaki and Suiren done anything resembling help.
Lillie getting a Z-Ring should be done in an episode that's about her specifically, not forcibly shoved into this climactic battle.
Which climactic battle? They'll heal Necrozma's body by sharing their energy with it.

How do we know if the Solgaleo in this episode IS Nebby? This could just be a different Solgaleo and the group only recognize it due to the fact that they saw one before: The one that evolved from the Cosmog that Ash took care of for a while.

How do we know if the Solgaleo in this episode IS Nebby? This could just be a different Solgaleo and the group only recognize it due to the fact that they saw one before: The one that evolved from the Cosmog that Ash took care of for a while.

When Nebby initially appears Ash says "I missed you." In addition to an affectionate reunion.

Nebby is the only Solgaleo Ash knows well enough to miss.

But the only ones doing anything is Satoshi and Gladio? Rest of the Ultra Guardians did nothing important, and only Kaki and Suiren done anything resembling help.

"Everyone" as in "everyone", not just the main protags. Kukui, Burnet, Aether, Team Rocket, the tapu, etc.

Also, I just said "doing stuff". Doesn't necessarily mean it's useful stuff.

Which climactic battle? They'll heal Necrozma's body by sharing their energy with it.

The battle they've been having for the past two episodes?

I guess we can say Poipole will get released in this episode and stay at its homeland once they get the light back to Poipole's place.
To me it looked more Naganadel approving Poipole's decision to go with Ash, because of the friendship that's been building up between them. Now that their world has light again, Poipole doesn't have to worry about its hive's wellbeing while being away anymore.
You can say that for every episode. So, why would it be the worst time to give her a ring?
It just would feel too forced. Plus, they're in Ultra Space right now. They should dedicate an episode for her and her getting the ring.

To me it looked more Naganadel approving Poipole's decision to go with Ash, because of the friendship that's been building up between them. Now that their world has light again, Poipole doesn't have to worry about its hive's wellbeing while being away anymore.

It just would feel too forced. Plus, they're in Ultra Space right now. They should dedicate an episode for her and her getting the ring.

The scene in the preview looks as you said, it seemed more like Poipole is saying goodbye to Naganadel than it is to Ash.
In addition Lillie getting a z ring right now would be a bigger ass pull than the big finisher against Mother Beast Lusamine.

Will Gladion catch Lunala and receive Lunalium-Z?

Will Gladion catch Lunala and receive Lunalium-Z?

Um, no? It's already been established you can use Z-Moves with wild Pokemon.

And the preview already confirms he'll be getting Lunalium Z.

It's also wearing the UG pendant. I feel it would have taken it off it's going to leave. Unless it's a memento, but if so, then why not give it something it would care about?

Um, no? It's already been established you can use Z-Moves with wild Pokemon.

And the preview already confirms he'll be getting Lunalium Z.
That and Lunala is an Ultra Beast or related to them... a key character trait of Gladion is that he hates those things at average luck and at best... he tolerates them if a friend of his has one. He would NEVER want to catch one.

I agree with @FinnishPokéFan92. The scene looked more like Naganadel approving Poipole's decision to go with Ash and Poipole saying goodbye to its folks.

That and Lunala is an Ultra Beast or related to them... a key character trait of Gladion is that he hates those things at average luck and at best... he tolerates them if a friend of his has one. He would NEVER want to catch one.

Gladion doesn’t hate Solgaleo and Lunala. In fact he was grateful to them for saving Lusamine and Lillie respectively.
He'd probably refuse to catch them due to moral reasons.

(Sorry for the double post)

So Gladion's the one to use Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom...

@PkmnTrainerV
That is what I been hoping for from the start of the Arc for the conclusion and put an end to the suffering of the Blinding One.

But we all know, it is not over yet as the series still got 48 episodes left. When that happens, Necrozma will lose it light again and landed somewhere in Mount Lanakila just like in the based games. That is where the establishment of the Alola League Arc begins. At the same time, Lillie might get her Z Power Ring as a forgiveness from Necrozma after absorbed Solgaleo to discovered the memory of the Sun Lion that it had been through with them during in Aether Arc.

That episode along with episodes like that for the rest of the Z-Ring lacking cast should've been made months ago TBH. It's absolutely pathetic that the writers never bothered to give the rest of the cast their own Z-Ring's when they still could.

That episode along with episodes like that for the rest of the Z-Ring lacking cast should've been made months ago TBH. It's absolutely pathetic that the writers never bothered to give the rest of the cast their own Z-Ring's when they still could.
The series is far from over. There's still time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom