• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM131: Musashi VS Kojirō! Battlefield of Truth and Love!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faba's battle most likely will be a joke.

Perhaps, but it's also a chance for Meltan to show its true potential. A Pokemon that relies on a metal pendulum is the worst possible match-up against a Pokemon that eats metal.

Last edited:
I really hope that doesn’t interfere with Musashi and Kojiro’s screentime or effect the quality and pacing of each of the battles.

I mean given the characters how are competing and the Pokemon that they're using, I wouldn't really expect the battle to be very long anyways. So the pacing in this episode should be fine.

Melmetal needs to be featured in the anime someway. Plus, the wild Meltan multiplying is probably a very heavy hint at them preparing for the evolution by producing enough of themselves to merge and evolve.
Other Meltan can unite and evolve into Melmetal, while our little Meltan can stay single and live beside Mokuroh.

Melmetal is the only Gen 7 Pokemon that hasn't appeared and the Meltan have been multiplying so...
Other Meltan can unite and evolve into Melmetal, while our little Meltan can stay single and live beside Mokuroh.
Plus Pokefan said that Meltan would show its potential during the league.
Where?

Ash's Meltan is too important to not be a part of this. Literally.
Melmetal is the only Gen 7 Pokemon that hasn't appeared and the Meltan have been multiplying so...
It' going to evolve, otherwise they wouldn't have shown the meltan multiplying over the course of a few episodes
Exactly.
Plus Pokefan said that Meltan would show its potential during the league.
Hmm... Could that be evolution or something else? The other Meltan are at the UG base right now, far from the stadium.

The "evolution" into Melmetal isn't even permanent anyway. It's formed by Meltan merging together, but Melmetal can also split itself back into multiple Meltan if it wishes.

So there's really no reason to have to have Ash's Meltan not be part of it when the "evolution" is reversible.

The "evolution" into Melmetal isn't even permanent anyway. It's formed by Meltan merging together, but Melmetal can also split itself back into multiple Meltan if it wishes.

So there's really no reason to have to have Ash's Meltan not be part of it when the "evolution" is reversible.
It can be the case, but they never actually confirmed it. We still don't know how it divided itself in the first place.
It' going to evolve, otherwise they wouldn't have shown the meltan multiplying over the course of a few episodes

I don't know WHY I do this to myself when I am already way too emotionally invested in an upcoming episode, but I've been reading Serebii and they've planted some evil thoughts into my head: what if some AWFUL characterisation thing happens like Musashi tries to force Kojiro to throw the match so she can win?! And it becomes a genuine battle of wills between her and freaking Hidoide because only Hidoide actually cares about Kojiro?!?! Considering that they have to cram 4 battles all featuring main cast members in, they might just do something nonsensical like that for 'fun' and part of me will be forced to wither and die.

Omg I'm having some kind of Oohashi-induced-type-level of crisis! I hope tomorrow's preview can provide some reassurance...

But seriously though, no one really believes that Kiteruguma's going to interrupt the match or abduct the loser do they? We are simply going to get an update on her and her cub because the TRio will be thinking about her at some point, fretting that she might turn up. That she hasn't even broken into their backup distraction plan yet is almost irrelevant because her ruining an official League match MAKES NO SENSE.
We can't really tell which battles will be the highlight based on the title.
:unsure:

I don't know WHY I do this to myself when I am already way too emotionally invested in an upcoming episode, but I've been reading Serebii and they've planted some evil thoughts into my head: what if some AWFUL characterisation thing happens like Musashi tries to force Kojiro to throw the match so she can win?! And it becomes a genuine battle of wills between her and freaking Hidoide because only Hidoide actually cares about Kojiro?!?! Considering that they have to cram 4 battles all featuring main cast members in, they might just do something nonsensical like that for 'fun' and part of me will be forced to wither and die.

Omg I'm having some kind of Oohashi-induced-type-level of crisis! I hope tomorrow's preview can provide some reassurance...
While I have been worried of the possibility of Musashi being written antagonistically, I don’t think it will ever be something like that unless Oohashi returns and hijacks the script or Omode suddenly starts writing this one. I think it’ll be something like Musashi doesn’t see a problem with them battling while Kojiro fears the possibility of it causing a rift in the group but once the battle’s over, they talk or something happens and Kojiro is reminded that their bond is unbreakable even if one of them now has to continue on in the league without the other.

You know, seeing how many battles are in this episode, it answers my question on why they gave this one to Matsui and not Fujisaku. If Lillie vs Gladion is really going to happen here, it makes sense why Matsui is writing this. I still think they should’ve saved Lillie vs Gladion for SM 132 and given this one to Fujisaku and someone else Satoshi vs Hau but this explains it.

I expect this episode to end in sone kind of a cliffhanger, probably in the middle or the end of Gladio and Lilie's battle.

I expect this episode to end in sone kind of a cliffhanger, probably in the middle or the end of Gladio and Lilie's battle.

I mean...there is not much climactic stuff that would happen in that battle. Lillie would obviously loose given how Gladion will face Ash later in the league (not that Lillie has much of a chance otherwise). Seeing her Z-move in battle would be cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom