• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM132: Overcome Junaiper!

James losing was very predictable so I’m not bothered by it at all...what does bother me, however, is that we’re still doing 1v1 battles in the Top 8...like gee, writers, maybe you should’ve given some of these contestants more than 1 Pokémon to play around with
But that would imply that the writers use actual foresight in the decisions that they make for this series, something that they rarely use.

Its nice that the outcome of the battle won't involve a Z-Move but yeah it would have been nice if either Ash or Hau forced each other into using the Z-Move instead of just blindly using it at the start of the battle.

Yes Yupe and That right.

For me, finish the matches by using Z Move in all Matches is unacceptable which I means is I like to see Sometime finishing the matches by z move and sometimes by attacks and brains without z move. And this time its good to see god bird which is sky attack against brave bird finally.

As I said before, i always think that brave bird is a copy cat from sky attack god bird and i love sky attack but I want ash to win also. Back to our debate and discuss, then as we agreed about finish the matches without z moves this time but we also agree that they whould leave z moves to next epizode at least not in third attack for hau wnd second attack for ash.

The episode was in minute number 18 when their match is began so why the writers didn't wait to next episode for z moves? And this is a one of the biggest mistake in the last episode as me and you agreed before

If only Mareanie had known a Water move. It would've been useful in this battle too.
Yeah. If only one of the fillers could've been replaced with that...
SM series has really missed potential at a lot of places in favour of fillers. The series manages to rush plot relevant points and have lots of useless fillers at the same time, which is a remarkable feat.

Yeah. If only one of the fillers could've been replaced with that...
SM series has really missed potential at a lot of places in favour of fillers. The series manages to rush plot relevant points and have lots of useless fillers at the same time, which is a remarkable feat.
I’d love to know how after over 20 years, the Pokémon anime still hasn’t gotten basic pacing down. It’s especially problematic here in Sun and Moon considering SoL should make it especially easy for them to develop the characters as it goes along but instead, it seemed that for every 1 character building episode, there were 5 pointless SoL fillers. Just how much wasted potential exists in this series would give any serious writers a heart attack.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom