• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SOVA Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I seriously doubt that DuArt's 'threat' is the real problem here.

(Let's see if the server eats THIS)

Basically, we have all agreed that the best case scenario would be if both casts would work together. Meaning, if we really get through to the companies, and they decide to bring the original VAs back, the new VAs would still be allowed to work on the show (if they desired). However, they would just switch from doing the main characters to doing other roles on Pokemon - such as voicing different Pokemon and voicing characters of the day or even gym leaders. Also, under a comprimise like this, characters like Dawn, Paul, and Professor Rowan would actually get to keep their current voices, because their VAs would have no reason to change.
All well and good unless you consider the fact that Ms. Natochenny might not want to give up her job. If this is truly what SOVA seeks, then I find myself compelled to tell you all to give up. There is absolutely no way that any company is going to pay two VA casts to do one show. It's confusing and pointless, from a business perspective.

You're basically telling all the current cast members to go from full-time to part-time work. Would this affect their ability to pay their bills? Probably. Have any of you thought of that, or don't you care?

This is what SOVA is trying to achieve right now, because we know it would make most fans happy, in regards to the voice actors.
Correction: It would make you happy. Most fans are content right now, judging from the ratings.

But even so, aren't the facts of the matter somewhat depressing? Especially since those of us in SOVA are so attached to the VAs and everything. This, I think, is one of the main reasons why people choose to join SOVA in the first place. It is sorta like another way to deal with the fact that the VAs were replaced (rather than going with the alternative, watching the Pokemon USA dub). This gives people hope that they otherwise wouldn't have. Sure, it may be considered false hope to some people, but still, it's all we've got. And besides, I really don't see anything wrong with people simply believing that there is still a chance for the original cast to come back. Afterall, everyone has hopes and dreams. Even if they don't achieve all their dreams, it is still nice to have them.
And at some point, Lisa, dreams end and you wake up.

That's both what I have feared and what I have been thinking for quite some time.

I have a question, though. Now that it's already come to this level (DuArt trying to sue SOVA, and who knows what other problems this has caused), I don't suppose there is any way for me to prevent the banning of every person in SOVA?
I don't know that banning every member of SOVA is what's going to happen. The club thread will obviously be closed and any further discussions or debates on the matter will result in immediate banning. Individually, you can all continue to post here. Just don't mention SOVA.

I already stated in my previous post that we (all SOVA members) would stop calling Pokemon USA and DuArt.

But, is there something else you want us to do, that I'm not aware of?
Right now, that is most important. There's nothing else that immediately comes to mind.

[/quote]
TCN? That's the company that owns Cartoon Network, right?[/quote]
No. TCN: The Cartoon Network. Sorry if my shorthand confused you.

Okay, we'll take your advice. I'll send a single letter to TCN, including all the information you suggested.

And no calls whatsoever will be made to TCN. Because calls = harrassment. I gotcha.
Thank you again.

I only have one thing to say about all this....

MaddieMeowth.jpg

*LOL* No, seriously....

I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what to say, except that I'm still trying...:(

I only have one thing to say about all this....

*LOL* No, seriously....

I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what to say, except that I'm still trying...:(

I don't think a cute picture will lighten up a mood here considering the problems.

Just in case anyone was confused, Barb said that SOVA members aren't going to be banned. Only the discussion is going to be banned.

You know the VA Moratorium thing? Well, this is similar to that, except it's for SOVA talk.

Meaning, we can still post here, just so long as we don't talk about SOVA anymore, meaning no arguments or debates, and no mention of SOVA anywhere on the forums. (however, from what Barb said, I gathered that this thread is gonna be locked soon, so we won't be able to talk about SOVA in here anymore)

So yay, at least we can still post on Bulbagarden! That's one thing to be happy about! ^_^

(I'm trying to look on the bright side of things, can you tell?) XD

Last edited:
Oh... O.O

Well... Okay, then....

*sits in a corner, all gloomy* ............

Hmmmmn......

I have a bit of good news, guys.

We don't have to change our signatures!! ^_^

So those of us who have SOVA banners won't have to worry about changing our sigs. Because only the discussion about SOVA is being banned.

This has honestly been something a long time in coming. I, and other staff, have defended SOVA's right to have their opinions in the past, even to PUSA staffers who were displeased with the whole situation. With incidents such as this most recent one however, we are no longer willing to continue putting this site in danger for the sake of a small minority of users. Especially when you already have your own site to discuss things on already.

With that said, this thread is hearby closed. I want to make it clear that this matter is now not up for discussion. An executive decision has been made, and if we hear any complaints from SOVA regarding it, that'll likely just make us less willing to reconsider things at a future point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom