• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Incineroar back in 2016 was definitively the least liked/popular among the three...so...
And Primarina was elected the most liked pokemon of gen 7 if I'm not wrong...
Weird, I wouldn't think Primarina was liked that much among males. At least for their 1st-picked starter.

Imo if all the women voted Primarina, and all the males voted between Incineroar and Decidueye, then of course Primarina is the winner.

Weird, I wouldn't think Primarina was liked that much among males. At least for their 1st-picked starter.

Imo if all the women voted Primarina, and all the males voted between Incineroar and Decidueye, then of course Primarina is the winner.
I think you're missing the appeal of a feminine starter to a heterosexual male. And I can guarantee that not all women would have voted for Primarina.

I think you're missing the appeal of a feminine starter to a heterosexual male. And I can guarantee that not all women would have voted for Primarina.
TBF I think a lot of homosexual males like Primarina too, in that sort of "YASS QUEEN" sort of way, but this comment is probably borderline something that shouldn't be brought up so sorry.

Bottom line, yeah, I'd say Primarina is plausibly the most well-received of the three.

TBF I think a lot of homosexual males like Primarina too, in that sort of "YASS QUEEN" sort of way, but this comment is probably borderline something that shouldn't be brought up so sorry.
In that case, that should explain why I'm not a Primarina-fan, never been into gurly-lookin pokemon. I am, however, favor masculine pokemon that are multi-colored. Hoping for a bright red and green pokemon, preferably a plant and preferably Grass/Fire.

Bottom line, yeah, I'd say Primarina is plausibly the most well-received of the three.
Uh, this is a non-sequitur, unless you can somehow prove that heterosexual men think like homosexual men.

There would literally be no need to alter or hide stats of the starters. Especially when they don't seem to be doing the same to the other pokemon. They more than definitely use the same pokemon data as always. If there was anything that's probably manipulated to their favor, it's natures. But everything else was more than likely unedited. Which again, there's no need to hide them. What would they want to hide that they suck or are even stronger?
So, let's try to understand why GF decided to promote Scorbunny like the super fast starter of the three but then they made Sobble faster. Isn't It weird?
Take at look at sobble stats:

Sobble: 74/33/33/94/33/63 (From the demo)
Sobble: 50/65-80/35/75-105/30/60 (From a level up screen)

How exactly can these stats be both accurate?

So, let's try to understand why GF decided to promote Scorbunny like the super fast starter of the three but then they made Sobble faster. Isn't It weird?

on what level is it and how did you compared it to Scorchbunny?

on what level is it and how did you compared it to Scorchbunny?
From the demo, level 50. Sobble and scorbunny have basically the same stats but with attack and sp, attack swapped. Also, Sobble has a point more in speed compared to Scorbunny speed and scorbunny has 1 point more in attack compared to sobble sp. Attack.
Something like this:
Sobble: 74/33/33/94/33/63
Scorbunny: 74/95/33/33/33/62

Well they're still at their base forms, Scorbunny will more than likely become faster as it evolves. Plus it has happened plenty of times when a description says a pokemon is fast and it's the opposite. Decidueye is a recent example of that.

Also the level up more than likely factors in random nature and IVs

Well they're still at their base forms, Scorbunny will more than likely become faster as it evolves. Plus it has happened plenty of times when a description says a pokemon is fast and it's the opposite. Decidueye is a recent example of that.

Also the level up more than likely factors in random nature and IVs
In the demo they both have a neutral nature and the ivs spread is most likely the same, I don't see why It shouldn't considering they have basically the same stats with attacks swapped...

That could be how they're designed statistically.
It could. However It just makes no sense for Sobble to be faster than Scorbunny. It also does not match the other stats spreads. I think we have to wait, as I said right now I'm not convinced with those stats.

It could. However It just makes no sense for Sobble to be faster than Scorbunny. It also does not match the other stats spreads. I think we have to wait, as I said right now I'm not convinced with those stats.
Maybe Sobble is just that much of a coward that it runs faster? It's scared and running for its life while the rabbit is just running because it wants to.

Or it's just a balance thing.

Maybe Sobble is just that much of a coward that it runs faster? It's scared and running for its life while the rabbit is just running because it wants to.

Or it's just a balance thing.
I'm not saying that Sobble may not be fast. But high speed is what makes scorbunny...scorbunny. They revealed It running at high speed, in battle It never stops moving. It is so fast that It makes grass burn. Why all this speed pandering if It's slower than a shy chameleon?

I'm not saying that Sobble may not be fast. But high speed is what makes scorbunny...scorbunny. They revealed It running at high speed, in battle It never stops moving. It is so fast that It makes grass burn. Why all this speed pandering if It's slower than a shy chameleon?
Cause again, pokemon descriptions betray the pokemon's stats almost all the time

I meant fear might give it the motivation to run faster than Scorbunny. It's like that fable about the Hare and the Hound.

Given how the other stats are identical 33's, though, they seem like placeholders and probably aren't final.

I meant fear might give it the motivation to run faster than Scorbunny. It's like that fable about the Hare and the Hound.

Given how the other stats are identical 33's, though, they seem like placeholders and probably aren't final.
again, I don't ever recall at time where pokemon stats are placeholders or altered for the sake of a demo.

From the demo, level 50. Sobble and scorbunny have basically the same stats but with attack and sp, attack swapped. Also, Sobble has a point more in speed compared to Scorbunny speed and scorbunny has 1 point more in attack compared to sobble sp. Attack.
Something like this:
Sobble: 74/33/33/94/33/63
Scorbunny: 74/95/33/33/33/62
Maybe lizard will be faster? Or only first stage and then it will change. How is it when compared to Chimchar, Snivy, Froakie, Trecko, Charmander?

Maybe lizard will be faster? Or only first stage and then it will change. How is it when compared to Chimchar, Snivy, Froakie, Trecko, Charmander?
Hmmm, Snivy, Chimchar, and Charmander do have their speed in the 60s, while Foakie and Treeko are in the 70s. So the speed is believable. However one thing to note, all the starters pre Alola have about up to 310 base stats total, while the alolan starter had about 320. So the alolan starter are essentialy the strongest to date. Now if they increased the stat total again for the galar starters by, the numbers are around correct. Not to mention if the mindset is to sacrifice certain stats to focus on one to make it more powerful, it still make sense.

again, I don't ever recall at time where pokemon stats are placeholders or altered for the sake of a demo.
I definitely wouldn't say altered because there's absolutely no reason to hide stats- just placeholders, unfinished, not finalized.

And SpaceWorld had placeholder stats like crazy, though I know that was a long long time ago. But do we even have stats from a more recent event demo to compare with this one? I don't remember Sun and Moon even being playable at an event and I'm not sure if X/Y was either, or if anyone bothered to take note of the stat screen.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom