• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Still waiting in your country?

Sigh... It still hasn't been released on this continent yet more and more people are talking about it and playing the apk and I'm sitting here feeling like an idiot for waiting all this time :(

I think it's naive to assume that there will be more official releases.

I think it's naive to assume that there will be more official releases.
Is naïve the right word? Why would it be considering an entire continent hasn't seen any official release yet the Go Plus is available in the same places the game is not?

Is naïve the right word? Why would it be considering an entire continent hasn't seen any official release yet the Go Plus is available in the same places the game is not?

What country do you live in if you don't mind my asking? Pretty sure it's out everywhere now.

What country do you live in if you don't mind my asking? Pretty sure it's out everywhere now.
It would have been nice if they did a release yesterday with the Plus but sadly still nothing :( I live in South Africa

It would have been nice if they did a release yesterday with the Plus but sadly still nothing :( I live in South Africa

That is a bummer. Still I'm sure it can't be too far off, I doubt they'd skip the entire African continent, and you live in the largest economy in Africa so I'm sure when they go to Africa you will be first, just as Brazil was in South America.

It's naive because the continent that is missing isn't North America or Western Europe, and it's already been months, all the hype has died down by now while Niantic were busy fixing the servers and stopping third party software.
Had it been on Niantic's agenda at all, the other releases would have happened ages ago.

It's naive because the continent that is missing isn't North America or Western Europe, and it's already been months, all the hype has died down by now while Niantic were busy fixing the servers and stopping third party software.
Had it been on Niantic's agenda at all, the other releases would have happened ages ago.
So by your logic, all of the Pokémon, PokéStops and Gyms on the continent are all exclusively for tourists from countries that already have the official game? In case you have forgotten, those points are generated from Ingress data so Niantic is well aware they have a large community waiting. The Go Plus was also released here on the worldwide date so going by sales they know they have people waiting. The reason why we haven't been given top priority is probably because 98% of the players in Africa are playing of the apk so they aren't creating as much hype as they were in Brazil when they had not yet received a release since they're not region blocked. The fact that they're allowing everyone to continue playing means they must be working on rolling it out otherwise it would have been simple enough to just block the countries.
Also, if anything, you are the naive one because it's 2016 and America and Western Europe hardly constitute the "whole world" anymore.

TL;DR Please stop trying to disregard our existence by depriving us of something that hasn't been completely ruled out by the company itself.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom