• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sun and Moon: Missed Opportunities

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
As Sun and Moon came to an end, I thought I would create a thread where we list missed opportunities during the series

My main complaint is Ash caught Meltan late and Naganedel, Melmetal and Incineroar got very little screen time after evolving

As Sun and Moon came to an end, I thought I would create a thread where we list missed opportunities during the series

My main complaint is Ash caught Meltan late and Naganedel, Melmetal, and Incineroar got very little screen time after evolving

I mean, to be fair, Incineroar evolved in episode 143, when there were only 3 more episodes left

I mean, to be fair, Incineroar evolved in episode 143, when there were only 3 more episodes left

Trouble is Incineroar was absent in Episode 144 and barely had any screen time in the final two

Incineroar could easily have battled Kiawe's Charizard instead of Lycanroc

Team Rocket should work on school, in disguise, instead of staying with Bewear. That way, they could have been interacted with other characters.
Lusamine and Lillie should stay close to their game personalities.
Lillie should rid of that Nihilego dress and stop being in shadow of her brother.
All of Ultra Beasts should be treated as a serious danger, instead of joke.

That whole thing that was going on with Giovanni and Nanu in that one episode. Brought up once and just randomly never mentioned again.

Was really hoping they would expand on how they know each other but no, its one plot that goes nowhere

I was looking forward to seeing Po Town in action as it was my favourite place during my first playthrough of Sun version. All the Sootopolis City-esque walls and the rainy scene. It could be interesting if Ash and co. somehow ended up there and got in trouble with the gang.

I was looking forward to seeing Po Town in action as it was my favourite place during my first playthrough of Sun version. All the Sootopolis City-esque walls and the rainy scene. It could be interesting if Ash and co. somehow ended up there and got in trouble with the gang.

Would have been great to see Ash visit Po Town, maybe he'll visit in the New Series

Lillie evolving Snowy into an Alolan Ninetales and Lana catching Dewpider.

Could still happen with Snowy, she still has the Ice Stone, would have been nice to have Dewpider get more focus

Ash’s and Kiawe’s Charizards meeting when they went to Kanto
Not having Anna as an announcer at the Alola League given that she had had that role in basically every event in Alola
Lana not catching Dewpider
Hau not being introduced earlier so his rivalry with Ash was more developed
Kahili getting to show being a strong trainer in the league
Ash using Incineroar in his last battle with Kiawe

Ash's Melmetal never got to use a Z-Move. Corkscrew Crash as a whole was terribly unutilized. Not used at all after the first Guzma episode.

Was used in SM122 to unknowingly send Team Rocket off with a new blast but yeah, was seriously under unutilized

One reason I thought Ash got it was to use it with his first ever Steel type

Was used in SM122 to unknowingly send Team Rocket off with a new blast but yeah, was seriously under unutilized

One reason I thought Ash got it was to use it with his first ever Steel type
Yeah plus they should’ve had Melmetal use more moves instead of double iron bash and flash cannon. Imagine that thing used headbutt or thunderpunch especially with its ability, iron fist. Someone would get wrecked.

Yeah plus they should’ve had Melmetal use more moves instead of double iron bash and flash cannon. Imagine that thing used headbutt or thunderpunch especially with its ability, iron fist. Someone would get wrecked.

Thunder Punch would have been very useful against Empoleon, make its win more believable

Thunder Punch would have been very useful against Empoleon, make its win more believable
You thought the win wasn’t believable it took damage from pikachu. Plus despite type disavamtage getting hit by a giant nut would hurt.

I honestly never had a problem with Lana not capturing Dewpider. It did seem like they were setting that up, or at least were going to feature that Dewpider again, but Lana didn't need a third Pokemon. Did Sandy even do anything memorable after Lana captured it? Dewpider probably wouldn't have fared any better. I would have preferred it if Ash caught a Dewpider instead. It would have been a unique Pokemon for him and he really needed a Water type on his SM team. I don't mind the lack of captures for most of the cast too. The main cast was large enough as it was and most of their goals didn't really require them to capture more Pokemon anyway.

I really thought that they were going to go somewhere with the Team Rocket organization. With Nanu and Giovanni knowing each other and Team Rocket attempting to capture Necrozma, I thought that the Team Rocket organization would get something to do. Maybe not exactly the Team Rainbow Rocket storyline since that wouldn't have fit with the anime, but I thought it was buildup to something down the road and it unfortunately didn't.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom