• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't like that it seems like they'rs gonna make us wait until June to start releasing news. We would have had news by now if they did it like XY and SM.
At this point it's not a long wait, at least, but I really want one in May just to give people another reason not to trust Eclipse. So tired of people being like "Well Eclipse said this" and it's like so what? His opinion is as valid as mine- maybe I should be a "leaker."

The thing about all these theories about the legends that are deep in Spanish lore is… when have the box legends matched the real life mythology or culture of that region?

I really don’t think we’ll find the box legends to be deeply tied to Spanish culture or mythology. They will match up with the theme of the game, which will match the theme of the region and story, but we don’t know any of that yet.

Still hoping my orange tree castle and grapevine dragon legends idea come true just because that would be hilarious, but all I REALLY know is that looking deep into Spanish lore will offer no real clues.

At this point it's not a long wait, at least, but I really want one in May just to give people another reason not to trust Eclipse. So tired of people being like "Well Eclipse said this" and it's like so what? His opinion is as valid as mine- maybe I should be a "leaker."
Worse is that there not being one in May would just make people belive Eclipse even more, despite the fact that is a very easy prediction to get lucky with.

The thing about all these theories about the legends that are deep in Spanish lore is… when have the box legends matched the real life mythology or culture of that region?
Wolves have some connection with the UK, but they're also a generic enough animal that the same could be said for a lot of places. But Zacian and Zamazenta did feel British. I could be generalizing, though.

Zacian and Zamazenta didn't feel particularly British, but they did feel European, similarly the X and Y legendaries might not have been french, but still based on the mythology of a european country.
So while the SV legendaries might not end up feeling specifically spanish, they will probably have general european inspiration.

I really don’t think we’ll find the box legends to be deeply tied to Spanish culture or mythology. They will match up with the theme of the game, which will match the theme of the region and story, but we don’t know any of that yet.

Still hoping my orange tree castle and grapevine dragon legends idea come true just because that would be hilarious, but all I REALLY know is that looking deep into Spanish lore will offer no real clues.

The closest is probably the Gen 4 trio and Ho-oh (Lugia is debatable since it was designed for the movie first) as the former group takes a number of cues from Shintoism while the latter is based on Feng Huang, which while originating from China does have a presence in Japanese Mythology. That said, none of them are 1:1 with their original mythologies with the former being pretty broad strokes in their interpretation, so like you said it's not likely the legendaries are going to be 100% Spanish in their execution.

As for Zacian and Zamazenta, there are many myths that have wolves in their mythologies and even a pair of them isn't rare so I wouldn't use that as a basis. They may take cues from Arthurian mythology which is very at home in Britain, but even so the way it's applied is very broad.

Yeah, I don't think we'll get anything overtly stereotypical Spanish (such as a bull), but I feel like a lesser known animal applied in a slightly different way could happen. Surely it would be hard to pick something that isn't connected Spain in any way.

*Trailer come out in May
Eclipse: "Oh, looks like they push the date forward"
People: "Well, Eclipse said that"

At this point I don't know if it's maddening, sad, or just plain pathetic :bulbaFacepalm:

Anyway, there's still a week (technically more than that) before June and I do hope we'll get something then. (fingers crossed)

hm.

first BDSP reveal: February 26th
second trailer: August 18th
third trailer: September 28th
fourth trailer: October 26th
fifth trailer: Nov 10th
last trailer: Nov 19th

L:A followed something similar, of course

i'm not necessarily implying anything one way or the other, btw. mostly finding TPC's marketing dates interesting

even if you go by swsh's dates, it follows something roughly similar. i think the trailer after the reveal was also in August?

hopefully we get something sooner but... i wouldnt be surprised if they followed a similar schedule again s:

even if you go by swsh's dates, it follows something roughly similar. i think the trailer after the reveal was also in August?

hopefully we get something sooner but... i wouldnt be surprised if they followed a similar schedule again s:
swsh's second trailer was in June, in fact they skipped over August trailer wise, might of been the month with the livestream thing though? Not sure.

Last edited:
hm.

i'm not necessarily implying anything one way or the other, btw. mostly finding TPC's marketing dates interesting

Second trailer for SwSh was on June 5th, but I've seen someone point out that we also had Detective Pikachu come out that May, so the announcement might've been pushed back for that.

As for BDSP and PLA- mid-gen games usually start their news cycles later, around June/July, so that's like comparing apples to oranges. USUM, in fact, was announced on June 6th and didn't get a second trailer until August 11th.

hm.

Remakes follow a different reveal schedule usually.
I have a post about the first post-reveal trailers. SWSH had it in June

Edit: Sorry I'm late Arcticfox already said something lol. I'll leave this here anyway
First post-reveal trailers or videos for previous gens, that I can find:

SWSH: June 5th (98 days after the reveal)
SM: May 10th (74 days after the reveal)
XY: February 14th (37 days after the reveal) which was just Sylveon. After that was April 6th (88 days) with Mega Mewtwo, and then finally May 14th (126 days) was the first one with a lot of actual info.

BW: BW was kinda different because it was more of a corocoro age. It was revealed in corocoro in mid april, and we didn't get an actual trailer until...well I'm not sure. We got battle footage on may 16th (36 days) but I'm not sure if there was any before. It was also back when Japan got the games months earlier than everywhere else so the BW one isn't going to be much of a frame of reference for this gen

Source: Serebii news archives. If there were earlier ones I accidentally scrolled past them, but I don't think I missed any except maybe for BW.

So our first post-release trailer could be any day now, or it may be a month away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom