• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s gonna be a rival school situation, after realizing the player characters have the orange or grape crest on their sleeves and they look like school uniforms. I’m hoping there’s actually no evil teams and the antagonist organization is your rival school!

And I have no real knowledge of Spanish politics, but I see that red-yellow-purple flag was only used for like 8 years in the 1930s…. My experience with flags used for such a small amount of time is that they are uhhhhh controversial. I have no way of knowing if that’s the case with this one though.
It's apparently nothing contentious like certain American flags and the opinion ranges from positive to "the purple is ugly" from what I've been reading-

I prefer the riddle formatted leaks because figuring them out is more fun than the classic list format leaks. I like being able to actually speculate instead of being told what’s gonna happen by the leakers.

Also the drama is entertaining at times :p

I think the orange and grape might be our "evil team" factions. XD

Team Orange and Team Grape. Terrorizing the new region by stealing all of their Oranges/Grapes for themselves.

At the end it turns out that the main villain is secretly King K. Rool and he's branched out from stealing bananas.

I assume each school’s mascot will be the box legendary, which may mean they really do resemble oranges and grapes or have a strong connection to them. I am so incredibly interested in what these things will look like… harvest deities? But based on what? Lmao I can’t stop talking about how hilarious I think it is.

If the 'villain' was a rival school, i would assume that would mean the legendary of your game would cause chaos on their own? Unless the rival school just decides "y'know what will help us win against the other school? Using the power of a god!"

If the 'villain' was a rival school, i would assume that would mean the legendary of your game would cause chaos on their own? Unless the rival school just decides "y'know what will help us win against the other school? Using the power of a god!"
Pokémon has done far sillier plots!

What if harvests are really bad this year, so each school investigates their mascot legendary to find out why, and in the end it is some other Pokémon or person harming or using the legendary for their own ends, affecting harvest?

I wonder if they do a rival schools story it's possible they'll go for a more down-to-earth plot. At least in the beginning, and anything involving legendaries happens when the player graduates or during summer break - similar to Shadows of Almia. That might be interesting because its been speculation for some time now how exactly general schools work in the Pokemon games and I remember one of the early Manga included that young trainers go on Pokemon journeys during school breaks before returning.

I could also see very pompous private schools tying themselves to legendary Pokemon of their region. It might not be just students who have a rivalry but the people in charge as well.

Edit: I've also seen some speculation that SV could include the rank system of PLA. If we're guessing school being a plot point, maybe trying to catch every Pokemon in the region or see every Pokemon could be a school assignment?

I hope if the school thing is accurate. The protagonist (and their schoolmates) are getting sent off on some assignment or something. Or they pull an anime where apparently if you become a trainer you can just stop showing up to school except on important days. Just don't force us to return to a school constantly or anything please. Sometimes for story reasons is fine but don't make it constant because 'gotta go to school every day'.

Also will make character customization slightly less weird, unless they like, force you back into the school uniform every time you go there. Don't think most schools with uniforms let you just... stop wearing the uniform one day.

I assume each school’s mascot will be the box legendary, which may mean they really do resemble oranges and grapes or have a strong connection to them. I am so incredibly interested in what these things will look like… harvest deities? But based on what? Lmao I can’t stop talking about how hilarious I think it is.
This just gave me a hilarious mental image xD
Theories say the Scarlet Mascot is a snake, and it might resemble an orange…

6CFEBFDC-E278-4876-AEBF-872F271717F6.jpeg

I hope if the school thing is accurate. The protagonist (and their schoolmates) are getting sent off on some assignment or something. Or they pull an anime where apparently if you become a trainer you can just stop showing up to school except on important days. Just don't force us to return to a school constantly or anything please. Sometimes for story reasons is fine but don't make it constant because 'gotta go to school every day'.

Also will make character customization slightly less weird, unless they like, force you back into the school uniform every time you go there. Don't think most schools with uniforms let you just... stop wearing the uniform one day.
I would assume the school would function similarly to how reporting back to the Galaxy HQ worked in Legends Arceus. Once you complete certain research tasks/gyms/challenges, you return to campus for an evaluation or exam or something. This would serve as a good way to evaluate the Pokédex, maybe give class rankings to your peers, and serve as a good site for exposition dumps.

Actually, the more I think of the school setting, the more I really like it. The story could even be broken up into different arcs that slowly build up to the eventual plot climax.

I would assume the school would function similarly to how reporting back to the Galaxy HQ worked in Legends Arceus. Once you complete certain research tasks/gyms/challenges, you return to campus for an evaluation or exam or something. This would serve as a good way to evaluate the Pokédex, maybe give class rankings to your peers, and serve as a good site for exposition dumps.
That's honestly exactly the thing i don't want. It works for a side-main series legends game but i don't really want it in the main main games. I want to explore the region without returning to the same location 500 times. (Also don't want the research requests to return because again, feel like the main main games should still focus on battle over combat, especially sense we have version exclusives again presumably)

Yeah, coming right off of PLA and visually looking VERY similar to PLA region-wise, I hope they knew better than to also structure the gameplay to be just like PLA.

That's honestly exactly the thing i don't want. It works for a side-main series legends game but i don't really want it in the main main games. I want to explore the region without returning to the same location 500 times. (Also don't want the research requests to return because again, feel like the main main games should still focus on battle over combat, especially sense we have version exclusives again presumably)
I wouldn't mind research tasks as a side quest but definitely not as the main thing again.

And I have no real knowledge of Spanish politics, but I see that red-yellow-purple flag was only used for like 8 years in the 1930s…. My experience with flags used for such a small amount of time is that they are uhhhhh controversial. I have no way of knowing if that’s the case with this one though.
Republicanism in Spain is controversial insofar as it is a political issue. That said, it's a mainstream one, with a number of parties across the political spectrum advocating for a return to republicanism.

Yeah I have a feeling some sort of research request is returning if we are truly in a school setting lol. Probably not as the main goal of the game, but maybe as part of a side quest like Oriden mentioned.

Every game has requests of some form. Pokémon has had them for a while, but usually in an unorganized manner that was tricky to keep track of. Relating requests to school would be another smart use of the player being a student.

Every game has requests of some form. Pokémon has had them for a while, but usually in an unorganized manner that was tricky to keep track of. Relating requests to school would be another smart use of the player being a student.
Maybe have them be homework assignments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom